Sign in to follow this  
Nur

Passing The Torch on October 21st, 2011

Nur   

Akhi Al Xabib Bilaal

Same here, as one of the earliest bloggers on Islam site, I miss your "Intellectuals duels", lately, the site has become so quiet as we entered the Orwellian time domain when being silent is seen as gold. I think that 10 years should be enough sharing my thoughts on this site, good and bad, Now If I get free time, I am tempted to help the drought an poverty stricken people back home. I have ideas to alleviate their pain, I just need to find someone who can spend some money to make it work.

Nur

I'm saddened by this because it shows just how much we've taken you for granted. I've really enjoyed the ingenious way you approach and analyse issues from an Islamic perspective. You've done an immense job and I'm sorry if we haven't shown our appreciation or engaged enough in the discussions.

May Allah reward you for your work and bestow further knowledge and understanding on you in your journey. Khayr iyo nabad ayaan kuu rajeynayaa, Nur.

Nur   

Valanteenah and Faheema

Much thanks for your kind words, As a garab rarato, its time to move on, Anigana waxaan idiin wada rajeynayaa waxaad ku faraxdaan aduun iyo akhiro. Amin

Nur

Aaliyyah   

Nur, you will be missed walaalo. I have definitely enjoyed reading thru your posts ever since I joined here 06. Subhanalah that was good 5 years, where does time go. And, I can understand given that u were here 10 years why u have the need to move on to something else...

Ilaahay ajar badan haka siiyo dhamaan waqtigaad galisay islamic section..that can't be said for many of us who just waste time on general section or worse politics section lol..

adiga oo waqti badan galiyey islamic section oo aad rabtay walalada wixi aad dheertahay in aad wax ku tartid...waxan ku rajaynaya ana khyr badan, nabad, nolol wacan, iyo cibaado suban iyo akhira in ilahay janada kugu simo ayaan kugu duceynaya....oo ducada waad kasbatay.

Best of luck with everything walaal.

salaam

asalaamu caleykum walaalaha dhamaan .

walaal nuur runtii waxaad tahay nin mudo dheer usoo taagnaa inuu walaalihiis fikrado fiican la wadaago , balse walaal waxaa jira dadaalo guracan oo eey wadaan qaar ka tirsan SOL mem ayagoo afkaar aanan diinta sal ku lahayn ama diinta dadka u xumeynaya faafinaya .

marka waan ubaahan nahay walaal sidaada oo kale ah oo maqaalooyin fiican soo diyaariya .

runtii SOL waa web aad u weyn ilaa dad gaaraya 6-9kun ayaa ku taxan , waana meel u baahan in juhdi adag lagu bixiyo si qeybta islaamka eey u noqoto qeyb shidan oo qof walboo soo gala webkan uu ka faaideysto .

Nur   

Dear Admin

Today marks my Tenth year as a Nomad and seventh as Moderator at Islam SOL page. I leave the responsibility to you to see to it that the page is monitored and kept decent and attractive to viewers.

Baarkallahu Feek

Nur

Abtigiis   

Brother Nur,

I have not always agreed with your viewpoints and arguments, but I admire your knowledge and salute your integrity and civility. You were always level-headed, courteous and sensible. I learned a lot from you, but I felt a taxaliil from you is overdue for me so that I outgrow the small matter of fixation with narrating indecent tales. Ducadaas waad la bakhayshay, nin se qiimo leh waad tahay.

I don't want to interfere in your decision, but I think you should remain an active contributor.

Nur   

Abtigiis bro

Same here, I have the same feeling for all those who I have differed with, after all, we learn when we are criticized, not when we are agreed with, I Allah ayaan adiga iyo intaad jeceshahay kaaga baryayaa kheyrka adduunk iyo kan akhiro,

Walaalkaa

Nur

N.O.R.F   

Brother akhil kareem Nur,

You're like a brother to me. I have learnt a lot from these many pages you have put together which have consumed so much of your time. Please stay in touch.

Allah macak.

Oz   

This is a sad day that our Nobel brother Nur is leaving us, I hope you pass by time to time and share with us some wisdom. Am sure admin will find it hard to replace you. Inshallah kheyr.

W/slm

Brother Nur, I was one of your silent readers of your valuable posts on this forum. I am sorry i could not participate much but I truelly enjoyed reading most of your articles and have learnt alot from it. I sincerely wish you all the best akhi and may Allah keep you strong and continue to share your knowledge.

Nur   

Akhi Northern ( Old S.Name)

I share you the same feeling, to me you and many Nomads on this site have become an extension of my family and I will always value this brotherhood and hope and pray that we all make it safely to Jannah. Please keep me in your prayers.

Oz Bro

I am sure that my departure will make a room for a new beginning, once empowered, our people can rise to the call and can amaze you. Jazakkallahu Kheiran for your kind comment.

Somali NFD Bro.

I was indeed touched by your comments, may be we can meet in Mandera, or nearby villages for tea one day. InshaaAllah I will heed your advice and post from time to time, Baarakallahu Feek akhi.

Nur

Br Nur thank you for accepting the invitation to continue sharing your knowledge in the forum. It will also be honourable to share the cup of tea with you in my village in NFD and treat you to a somaliNFD style hospitality. We treat our guests with high esteem.

Khayr   

Salams,

With the emergence of facebook, twitter, blackberrys and iphones, came a decline in attention spans and intelligence in people.

Hence, discussions about islamic values and principles are no longer tolerable (the irony of the liberal mindset - All is acceptable except God) and reflections are a thing of the yesterdays. SOL has been a victim of that as its users are not drinking canoo geel but rather drinking the Apple flavored Kool-Aide!

The SOL of 10 years was new and exciting and the site back then provided a platform for English-fluent Somalis to engage in meaningful dialogues. Unfortunately, that is not the same anymore because of the changing internet Somali demographic and the overall populus somali mentality - whichis an oxymoron because they are no longer somali in custom and mentality. By this, I mean the majority are no longer Muslim in personality and their allegiance (what is in their hearts, manifested in their writings and arguments) is no longer with Allah and his rasul (salallahu calihi wasilm).

JazaKa Allah khayrun for your efforts and good demeanor.