Sign in to follow this  
Nur

Passing The Torch on October 21st, 2011

Nur   

Nomads.

October 21st, 2011 is an important milestone for me . Ten years ago on October 21st, I have joined Somaliaonline Forum Community as a Nomad. On that date when I joined this forum as a migrant blogger from another Somali community forum, I found a purpose waiting far beyond my expectations. I learned that knowledge, like wealth increases exponentially when shared and when used for higher purposes.

In these silent pages I quietly learned how my fellow paesanos think as well as what they think about, given the present geopolitical conditions which gave me an appreciation and a practical explanation of Dr. Graves ( Beck-Cowan) Colors Of Thinking Theory ( Spiral Dynamics) as applied to our enduring legacy of discord, division and violence. Through satire and sobriety, I humbly tried in my own capacity to bridge the widening gap between our perception of Islam ( Static original release) and the fast evolving Machiavellian, Freudian Western values. As such, I learned immensely from Nomads who have responded to my posts regardless of their persuasion (Ranging From Devout Muslims to Practicing Atheists).

Looking back with envy at all the heartbreaking unfinished threads, the limited time in my hands, my commitments to those close to me and the passivity of the audience of these pages as a result of the newly learned survival tactics of adaptation to fast developing Orwellian New World Order, I yearn for a change and a retirement after a decade of active participation of this Forum.

Perhaps its the right time to pass the torch to other Nomads who have a different view and thinking pattern than mine that can catalyze a better mix of thoughts on Islam, Somalia and the World at large. For that possibility alone, I realize that its time for me to make room for a fresh start for these pages to rekindle the fire of Islam for an ever changing audience.

I hope All Nomads ( including those whom we have grown apart in our views in the past ten years), will forgive me for any unintentional comment and to take this opportunity of my retirement from this podium to participate again and share their respective views as an Amaanah and Naseeha due to Allah SWT, Our Messenger SAWS, and the Mumineen.

Baarakallahu Feekum

Nur

Taqwa   

Salam Alaikum Nur,

I can't believe it has been 10 years. Reading this thread reminded me of my lengthy stay here as well. Though I might not have posted as much as most Nomads here, I have read most of your threads and some where inspiring. Like the Nomad before me said above, I hope you continue to pass by here and post from time to time. Until then khayr ilahay ban ku rajaynaya walaal.

Regards,

Your Brother Taqwa

I wish you a very happy life and hope that you will surely share good stuff and things with other nomads too. Posting good things never want retirement or staying apart things. This is the only way to stay closer to good topics and suggestion and ideas with others.

Nur   

El Punto, Geelle, Taqwa and Manahil

Thank you all for your kind words, rest assured that as long as I live that I will make my contribution to this site and other sites, my self imposed retirement is intended for rejuvenation of this page and its improvement. Its time to pass responsibility to a fresh perspective on burning issues.

Nur

Malika   

Masha'allah ,it's said knowledge is a gateway to success, so thanks for sharing your success with us. I for one have benefited and your knowledge had inspired me to search for more [Alhamdulillah]. Praise be to Allah.

Will it be really selfish of me to protest to your self imposed retirement?

nur, i really appreciate your efforts this long and might the almighty bless you.

with your active participation, if this pages were passive, what do you think of your retirement??????

i will say, taking this as a dacwah programme, is it in order for a muslim to retire from giving dacwah??

p.s. i really wish you reconsider your decission and keep on as long as life is vibrate deep in your heart.

Nur   

Malika sis :D

Protest! this is a scary word these days, you mean you will take it to the streets of Kurtunwaarrey, Garsballey, Marka and Baraawe (My potential, Retirement retreat without Internet connection)? Think of it as giving space for new talent ukhti.

Genius.

Cheer up Akhi, Traffic has just spiked by the news of my planned self imposed retirement, this might be an indicator that many of Paesanos may come back to more than fill my vacant space. This in itself is already a great achievement of my plan.

No, There is no retirement from Dawa work, just a change of audience, I mean I miss interactivity and community work in one go, like doing philanthropic work, tutoring kids, digging water wells for real Nomads, helping the elderly and enjoying their stories and wisdom, off course the serenity of the setting as depicted by Malika's Avatar, I can picture myself sitting on the beach in Marka sipping a coconut and watching the tortoise blue waves freshly break on my feet. To be happy, our outlook and our life style must match, if not there is a disconnect, so for fulfillment, we either have to change our outlook, or lifestyle.

Nur

Showqi   

Walaal Nur, aniga iyo dadka kale ee halkan joogaba waxyaabo badan ayaanu ka baranay muwduucyada aad halkan ku soo qortay ee ka hadlaya Diinta Islaamka iyo xaalada nolosha ee qofka muslimka ah. waad ku mahadsantahay aqoonta iyo cilmiga aad noo kordhisay. Ilaahay ajar iyo xasanaad ha kaa siiyo.

Mar hadii aad go'aansatay in aad qalinkii qof kale ku wareejiso, bal ha na ilaawin oo mar mar naga soo war doon.

Blessed   

May Allah reward you for your efforts, forgive your faults and increase you in knowledge and hikmah. I've benefited greatly from your posts, walaalo. Jizaak Allah and Assalaamu Alaikum. :)

Nur   

Walaal Showqi,

Jazakallahu Kheiran dareenkaaga wanaagsan. Xilka aan wareejinayo waa midka aan isa saaray oo ah "moderator", laakin markaan Internet Connection helo, saa waddankeenna meel walba ma lehee. Waan furi doonaa safxaddahan haduu Eebbe idmo.

Blessed sis

You are one of the fewest remaining Class of 2001 Nomads alumni, my hyper family member. Thank you for your kind words and valuable duaa, may Allah accept your duaa and I pray Allah to make me worthy of your good mention.

Nur

Assalamu alaikum akhi nuur

akhil karim, anigu wax badan SOL ma joogin, qoraaladaada laakiin in badan dib baan ka akhriyey, wax badan ka faa'iiday In kastoon ka yara xumahay inaynan mawduucyada qaar hakad ku yimid, laakiin waxaan u fahmay wakhti yarid iyo mashquul inaad ahayd.

Runtii waxaan intaan meeshan joogay kugu bartay qof khayr doon ah, walaalihiisna khayr la jecel, aadna u xiiseeya culumta diinta, xag siyaasad iyo xag kaleba, siiba dhinaca dacwo gudbinta. (Wala Nuzaki Ala'Allahi Ahada.)

Akhi waxaan kuu rajaynayaa inuu Allah acmaashaada xassanaad fara badan kaa siiyo, waxaana Allah ka baryayaa inuu acmaashaada kuwooda, ama kiisa ugu fiican uu khaatimadaada ka dhigo. Aakhirana kaa dhigo kuwa uu Janooyinkiisa waawayn ku casuumo.

Akhi, waxaan kuu dardaarmayaa siduu nabigu(salallahu alayhi wasalam) u dardaarmay mucaad markuu yemen u dirayey, inaad Allah ka cabsatid meel kastaad joogtid, waxaana sidoo kale kugu boorinayaa, inaad Allah diintiisa u gargaartid si kastood kartid, hadayba ugu yaraato inaad qoraal qortid. waayo qofba Allah waxbuu u fududeeyey, markaa Insha Allah hawshaas marnaba ha ka seexan. Insha Allah xataa waxa ugu yar baa aakhiro badbaadaada noqon kara.

Ugu Dambyan waxaan Allah ka baryi inuu adiga iyo inteena kalee reer SOL ka dhigo kuwuu quraankiisa ku yidhi "Ikhwaanan 3ala sururin mutaqaabilin"

Jzk khair

Wasalamu 3alaykum

Nur   

Akhi Al Xabiib, Miskiin

Allaha kaa abaal mariyo waanadaada iyo dardaaqankaaga qiimaha badan, baahi badanna aan qabo. Akhi, Ma jiro tab looga baxsado carada Alle oo la mid ah in uunka Alle loogu yeedho Diinta Alle. Waxaa la faray Nabigeenna Muxammad, SAWS inuu yidhaahdo, " Dheh ( Maxamadow), ma jiro tab aan Alle ( Cadaabtiisa) uga magan geli karo, mana heli karo meel aan u qaxo si Alle aan uga nabad galo, illaa inaan dadka gaadhisiiyo farriimihii digiiinta Allah (dadkiisa)"

Sidaa darteed howshan ma aha midaan marna ka baxayo, ma laha meel Alle looga baxsado, sidey aayadda leedahay, Nabi Yunus ayaana ku muteystay in lagu ciqaabay inuu nibiriga calooshii galay markuu ka carooday sidey dadkiisa u diideen waanadadiisa, oo uu ka daalay dacwada dadkiisa.

Laakin, waxaan doonayaa inaan awooddeyda u jeediyo waxtar nooc kale ah, oo loo baahan yahay sidey Dacwadda addimaheeda dhulka loogu sugi lahaa, taasoo ah in ay noqoto Dacwa nool ( active), mid la nool dadka oon ku ekeyn nadhari ama faafintaa waanada internetka oo qudha.

Akhi, Allaha na wada sugu, khaatimadeedannana wanaajiyo, haddaan ogaan lahaa maanta inaan waxna la igu laheyn, waxna laheyn, aad baan uga rajo fiicnaan lahaa sidaan hadda dareemayo, hadaba ducada igu soo kaalmee yaa akhi.

Muxibbukum Fillah

Nur

BiLaaL   

Br. Nur Jazakallah Khayr for your immense contribution over the years. I would gladly join the protest sis Malika hinted at, if it would persuade you to stay a little longer. You and I have engaged in lively discussions (some of which we've agreed on) and traded a few intellectual blows along the way. Allah SWT has blessed you with a sharp, penetrating mind. Please continue with your Dawah efforts wherever you may be.