Sign in to follow this  
- Femme -

Somali (Maternity) Patients

Som@li   

^The food and the expenses on the family of the dead has been our culture back home, ( It could be one day here in the west, but back home it was like 7 days of feast) and of course it has been exported overseas.

Aaliyyah   

7 days of feast ?? are you serious? that's crazy! now i'm sure why that would be considered xaraam, dadka intaad wax tari laheed in saa lo dhibo wa laga wacanyahay!

bt at the end of the day dadka qofku ka dhintey ee dhibta lasaaray kolay ajar uun bay ka helayaan, laakin dhaqan la iska dhaafo inay tahay bay ila tahay.

salaam

Pucca   

- Femme -;733372 wrote:

They were very loud also, and even screamed, wailed, closed their legs and grabbed the caregivers hands with extremely gently cervical exams. They would refuse male caregivers which sometimes meant a very increased workload if the only female available was a postpartum nurse because the other was a male CNA. They will refuse even for males to enter their rooms. And here they don't move or do things for themselves either.

They are often very vocal in labour and wail throught labour very loudly. They will remove the hijab whilst in labour but the rest of the long gons they often keep

honestly? refusing male nurses cant actually be a problem now can it? with all the female nurses in every ward at the hospital i find it very hard to believe that there would ever be just one postpartum nurse on duty. as for being very vocal during labour....thats just freaking insensitive. i'd be quite worried if the woman was silent, let her wail and scream...she's pushing a human outta her body!

i've been to the hospital many times when i had sick relatives stay there or friends/family that had recently delivered and i simply can not stand nurses. i don't know what the heck they're teaching nurses these days but what gives? what happened to the nice sweet nurses that came around and made patients laugh? the welcoming nurses? so if people are rude to nurses then really it's the nurses fault. be nice and people will be nice right back at you. See the thing is there is a certain image of what a nurse should be, and once that image isnt lived up to...well a nurse will run into problems.

i have nothing against you femme, im sure you're a great nurse. its just a few nurses seem to be ruining it for the rest. It really has nothing to do with whether somalis are rude or not. somalis in general do not tolerate bs....not from family, friends or their nurse.