Sign in to follow this  
Somalina

Nasra Agil: A Canadian civil engineer rises to next level

Assalamu Alaikum

ElPunto why dont u'r argument also include people who keep on posting these kind of behavior, and than praising it, and calling everyone else that mentions Islam "backward people, whos trying to keep the sister down"?

As for why mention it everytime, it's because, Islam forbids to be silent about fawahish, and impermissible behavior. - Of course with hikmah.

Instead of praising the sister, and saying "well done, kudos to you, she is a role model" and making dua for her work.

Make instead dua that Allah guides her. Cuz at the end "professional life" dont matter! Nothing matters except u'r deen, and our relashinship with Allah(swt). As somali people say "waxba waxbay ka wayn yihiin", and right now her covering her awrah is bigger than everything else".

I'm sure in the day of judgement she would love the dua that Allah guides her and gives her Jannah more than the dua to her work.

And I find it strange when some people mentions "why dont u guys say the same, when somali men do the same"! this is only an excuse, and blatant statement! People who are sincere with they're lord wouldn't differ between a man or a woman, a sin is a sin, and a naseeha is a naseeha. We will, as I can speak for my self only, when a somali man do the same, say the same. If there are some people that think somali men can do whatever they want, and at the same time being harsh at somali girls, that's wrong, and hipocrazy . But that's not a reason for others not to speak the haqq.

@A.Khadar

this is not something "somali people" invented, its from Islam. And if u think that view is"looking negativ at it" akhi it's on you'r on bill.

As praising her, many people have already done it in this thread, therefor there is no reason for every singel one doing the same, rather mentioning the Islamic view about awrah is something that is important. I have no doubt that the sister is clever and very much talented regarding her work, I Just wish the best for her in the hereafter, not only in this world.

Last but not least lets drop the personal attack on each other, I see people writing that they wouldn't take an advice from certain peope cuz they believe that the person doesn't deserve to speak about Islam, this is a wrong way of thinking. A muslim takes an advice even from a non muslim, if it's a sound advice.

If John that is christian tells you not to drink alcohol cuz Islam says so, would we replay "yh u the guy that believe Jesus is the son of God, run a way u freak"!

May Allah guide the sister to the rigth path, and may he help her defeat the shaydan, and may Allah unite us All under the shade of His throne on the day which one will find no shade except under His throne.

Aaliyyah   

Instead of praising the sister, and saying "well done, kudos to you, she is a role model" and making dua for her work.

Make instead dua that Allah guides her. Cuz at the end "professional life" dont matter! Nothing matters except u'r deen, and our relashinship with Allah(swt). As somali people say "waxba waxbay ka wayn yihiin", and right now her covering her awrah is bigger than everything else".

Why are you against the idea of praising her for her achievement? after all Allah swt said strive for akhira and yet work for your dunya.

so we have to praise her for her achievement and insha'allah hope that Somalis would follow her footsteps in pursuing professional careers so they can benefit both their family and their community.

At the same time, we can ask God to guide her nothing wrong with that. We should in fact pray that Allah swt guides us all. No one is perfect!.

salaam

Allahu akbar, you misunderstood my entire post dear ukhti, I do not disagree with anything of that which you mentioned, nor was my previous post.

May Allah forgive, and guide us all.

Can the moderators please delete this thread? This successful woman's name has been dragged in the mud and i feel sorry for ther that when she googles her name, she will see this filth.

Typical jealous loser Somalis!

ElPunto   

Al-Miskiin;734014 wrote:
Assalamu Alaikum

ElPunto why dont u'r argument also include people who keep on posting these kind of behavior, and than praising it, and calling everyone else that mentions Islam "backward people, whos trying to keep the sister down"?

As for why mention it everytime, it's because, Islam forbids to be silent about fawahish, and impermissible behavior. - Of course with hikmah.

I'm sure in the day of judgement she would love the dua that Allah guides her and gives her Jannah more than the dua to her work.

And I find it strange when some people mentions "why dont u guys say the same, when somali men do the same"! this is only an excuse, and blatant statement! People who are sincere with they're lord wouldn't differ between a man or a woman, a sin is a sin, and a naseeha is a naseeha. We will, as I can speak for my self only, when a somali man do the same, say the same. If there are some people that think somali men can do whatever they want, and at the same time being harsh at somali girls, that's wrong, and hipocrazy . But that's not a reason for others not to speak the haqq.

Wa Aleykum salam walaal.

1- Nobody posted this 'backward behaviour' - the post was about a Somali Canadian civil engineer and her accomplishments. If this article was entitled 'Model Muslim' - you would be right to protest strongly and I would support you in that.

2- If one person addressed the cawrah issue - the matter has been addressed Islamically. There is no reason to pile on unless that appeals to your ego. I would sincerely advise you if one person has addressed these sorts of issues - there is no need for you to add your 2 cents. And as a general rule if you feel you need to speak out every time you see fawaxish in this world(and you will do so constantly in this world) - you have lost the focus that you should devote to yourself for your own soul's sake.

3- The last time there was a Somali soccer event posted - did you comment on the fact that thighs and knees were shown in pics and thus men's cawrahs? Did you admonish them about their cawrahs etc? I doubt it.

The reality is there is a feeding frenzy when a Somali female without hijab appears in pics on these forums. While respecting and agreeing with you that that is cawrah I would request of all sincere Muslims to refrain from piling on if one person has posted the islamic viewpoint on it. It isn't NECEESARY.

Somalina   

Boom Boom;734033 wrote:
Can the moderators please delete this thread? This successful woman's name has been dragged in the mud and i feel sorry for ther that when she googles her name, she will see this filth.

looooool

Blessed   

... 'Abd Allah reported that the Prophet of Allah, upon him be peace, said, "A believer is not a fault-finder and is not abusive, obscene, or course."

Bukhari's Book of Manners #313, Ahmad, Ibn Hibban, and Hakim

... Ibn 'Abbas said, "If you wish to mention the faults of your friend, mention your own faults first."

Hadith - Bukhari's Book of Manners #329

... Ibn 'Abbas said on the following verse of the Qur'an, "Nor defame one another" (49:11), "Do not spend your time finding fault with one another."

Hadith - Bukhari's Book of Manners #330

"Do not harm Muslims, and do not revile them, nor pursue their imperfections. For verily, whosoever pursues the imperfections of his brother shall have his own imperfections pursued by Allah"

Tirmidhi

Boom Boom;734033 wrote:

On the money; Islamists r always jealous..talk about wat's happening somalia & their true colour comes out!!!!!!!!!!!

mashallah I'm glad all the muslims agree that there is nothing about this girl that should be praised, people should be praised based on their diin and how a good role model they are to other muslims.

Aaliyyah   

loool^walahi you are one silly cow! Nasra bay kaag dhagtay in aa maagto somaha..and truth to be told u dont giva damn abt how she dresses, ur just jealous she's posing with a white guy..

one of your random comments, and believe me million others are worse..

posted by axmed inajaad: i agree with ayaan hirsi, the burqa is too much. i want to see a woman's nice body. just hijaab and tight jeans should be standard for the ladies.

Get over yourself!

salaam