Sign in to follow this  
Somalina

Nasra Agil: A Canadian civil engineer rises to next level

Juxa   

^^ magaca somali iyo her personal life maxaa isku keenay? teeda kale magaca somali uma halaabayo because of one person's personal choice.

ps: how come the men are never questioned when they display cad-yaroo cadaan ah ama ajnabi ah?

ElPunto   

^Because this is still a culture that has different standards for men/women. It can be a little strange.

Good for her though I don't know if she put the bit about 'first in the western world' or the author took his own license. Whoever did is a punk.

Juxa;733558 wrote:
^^ magaca somali iyo her personal life maxaa isku keenay? teeda kale magaca somali uma halaabayo because of one person's personal choice.

ps: how come the men are never questioned when they display cad-yaroo cadaan ah ama ajnabi ah?

walal be realistic, in islam man and woman are not same. a muslim man is allowed to be with gaalo, but not the same for woman. A woman's sharaf is in her body and if she chooses to give it to gaalo and show it to the world, we must not encourage it so other girls don't follow in the footsteps of the likes of this girl, ayan hirsi, imaan and other girls who feel they have to sell their bodies to get anywhere in life. inshallah i hope that helps.

Aaliyyah   

a guy is allowed to marry a girl who is not muslim bt she has to be one of the people of the books (which means she must be a christian or Jewish who follows the correct scripture) and I doubt that exists anymore, they have changed their scriptures millions times!!..

so I don't know where u got the idea u can just be with any gaal..yaab!

a friend of mine was telling me the other day of a man who 20 years ago married an ethiopian lady who is a christian and now he is really ill and even thou he took his kids to islamic schools. If today he dies they gonna be raised by a christian lady? so marrying outside your religion comes with heavy consequences. so ye all think it through!

n juxa somalis are cultured, for them it is more of a culture thing than religion. Where they always judge woman and look the other way when a guy does something bad. It's weird..it was always like that and dnt think it will change anytime soon

salaam

caydarus   

Juxa;733558 wrote:
^^ magaca somali iyo her personal life maxaa isku keenay? teeda kale magaca somali uma halaabayo because of one person's personal choice.?

each an every one of us represents our belovedland and the rest of somalis, that is why i related this ****** *****.

Nina Fox   

I thought this was a positive thread about a person's achievements and aspirations, whats her religion got to do with the price of bataati? I can't stand people who disrespect others in the name of "diin" and critisize, highlighting the negative instead of concentrating on the positive of a person.

Besides I find it very distasteful when someone living in the West has double standards and preaches hatred against their host nation. If you got the gift of the uneccessary gab, I suggest you evacuate, go back to your country and feel free to critisize. Its called hypocricy if you are happily cashing welfare cheques from "Kufaars", living in their houses, going to their schools and spreading this kind of nonsense. Speaking of diin, it clearly states in Islam that one must respect the laws of the land one is living in and their hosts regardless of their religion. If you nay-sayers have that much stale energy reserves, I suggest you spend it on cleaning the society. We have enough alcoholics and jaad-holics who clearly need your attention. Pathetic! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Back to the topic------The sister has achieved greatness Maasha Allah. May she get everything she wished for in her profession as well as personal life. (Amiin)

nina fox, ducadaas maguntami wa sualeee??????? all you can pray for her is guidance(hidaaya). may the almighty guide her.

achievements aint measured on pety material gain, but rather, on your relation with the almighty.

Nina Fox;733792 wrote:
I thought this was a positive thread about a person's achievements and aspirations, whats her religion got to do with the price of bataati? I can't stand people who disrespect others in the name of "diin" and critisize, highlighting the negative instead of concentrating on the positive of a person.

Besides I find it very distasteful when someone living in the West has double standards and preaches hatred against their host nation. If you got the gift of the uneccessary gab, I suggest you evacuate, go back to your country and feel free to critisize. Its called
hypocricy
if you are happily cashing welfare cheques from "Kufaars", living in their houses, going to their schools and spreading this kind of nonsense. Speaking of diin, it clearly states in Islam that one must respect the laws of the land one is living in and their hosts regardless of their religion. If you nay-sayers have that much stale energy reserves, I suggest you spend it on cleaning the society. We have enough alcoholics and jaad-holics who clearly need your attention. Pathetic! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Back to the topic------The sister has achieved greatness Maasha Allah. May she get everything she wished for in her profession as well as personal life. (Amiin)

So because we live in the west, we are barred from criticizing it? And how do you know the people criticizing the west are on welfare? a whole lot of baseless assumptions does not make an argument. I don't consider a girl who's half naked, commits zina and has forsaken her diin for the pursuit of praise from non-believers as an achievement.

Nina Fox;733792 wrote:

Besides I find it very distasteful when someone living in the West has double standards and preaches hatred against their host nation. If you got the gift of the uneccessary gab, I suggest you evacuate, go back to your country and feel free to critisize. Its called
hypocricy
if you are happily cashing welfare cheques from "Kufaars", living in their houses, going to their schools and spreading this kind of nonsense. Speaking of diin, it clearly states in Islam that one must respect the laws of the land one is living in and their hosts regardless of their religion. If you nay-sayers have that much stale energy reserves, I suggest you spend it on cleaning the society. We have enough alcoholics and jaad-holics who clearly need your attention. Pathetic! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

WELL SAID......remember when they were under hot sun infront of U.S embassies begging to come to kaffir land!!!!! they can talk foreva & clever enough at cutting corners!

RaMpAgE   

These are the sort of Somali girls, who believe in order to be successful in life they have to act like gaalo, uff.

caydarus   

I see some people here are fulling themselves let us have a look what Allah has said in the Qur'an.And say to the faithful women to lower their gazes, and to guard their private parts, and not to display their beauty except what is apparent of it, and to extend their head coverings (khimars) to cover their bosoms (jaybs), and not to display their beauty except to their husbands, or their fathers, or their husband's fathers, or their sons, or their husband's sons, or their brothers, or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their womenfolk, or what their right hands rule (slaves), or the followers from the men who do not feel sexual desire, or the small children to whom the nakedness of women is not apparent, and not to strike their feet (on the ground) so as to make known what they hide of their adornments. And turn in repentance to Allah together, O you the faithful, in order that you are successful.” - Qur’an English Translation [25:31]

“O Prophet! Say to your wives and your daughters and the women of the faithful to draw their outer garments (jilbabs) close around themselves; that is better that they will be recognized and not annoyed. And God is ever Forgiving, Gentle.” - Qur’an English Translation [33:59]

nun2.jpg

and this is how muslim women should do.

ElPunto   

It's not a complicated thing to understand. While agreeing that Islam commands women to cover up - it's not necessary to comment every single time when a Somali woman who doesn't cover up is shown or discussed. It REALLY isn't necessary.

Blessed   

ElPunto;733977 wrote:
It's not a complicated thing to understand. While agreeing that Islam commands women to cover up - it's not necessary to comment
every single time
when a Somali woman who doesn't cover up is shown or discussed. It REALLY isn't necessary.

Well said.

The thread is about her professional life and she has done well for herself in a male dominated field. Kudos to her.

Aaliyyah   

The funny thing is when somalis see a girl who doesn't cover but who is uneducated , they are lenient and they would be like oh it is her life who cares. On the other hand, any time they see a successful sister who is educated but you know lacks that religion/culture side they are too hard on her? why is that??

Do you guys really care about the way she dresses? or you are jealous of her achievement ..? Just curious?

salaam