Sign in to follow this  
Complicated

Another Somali boy murdered on the streets of London

Juxa..I can't speak to the people in the ghettos of Canada and Britain but in the United States, 70% of African American babies are born to unwed mothers, 20 plus% white kids are also born out of wedlock and I'm not sure about percentage for the Hispanic population but these people breed like rabbits and tend to have children at young age (most teenage mothers tend to be unmarried), so the probability that child in the ghetto is very high.

The great migration from the South into the Northern Cities with little opportunities and ghettoized neighborhoods is what destroyed African American family unit.

My personal observation, most black relationships in the ghettos I have seen is between unwed couples with children. Some have kids with multiple partners. Social mobility determines the rate of marriage, middle class and upper class black tend to be married.

Malika   

Che -Guevara;731230 wrote:
Juxa.....Somalis including my own family members have always married non-Somalis and having child with black Muslim is not issue but surely one shouldn't defend the idea of out of wedlock relationships that result in children in the ghetto of all places.

I agree with you Somali parents are at
fault
here!

Who is defending the idea of out of wedlock relationships?? Dont confuse the matter I was questioning Aaliyah's comments on, I personally found the comment about having black babies as a sign of erotion of moral/spiritually in the community rather ugly comment.. ps. It was racist comment and I stood by my interpretation of it. I condemn anyone that think they are better then any other race, it matters not if one is living in the Ghetto [as if being Somali means one should automatic live in the surburbs - the same social issues that has imprisoned Blacks in Ghetto are the same as those of Somalis - they are all disadvantage groups - lacking means of getting themselves off those neighbourhoods]

Juxa - I agree with you but saying that there are many Somali parents who go out of their way to try giving their children better lives - but alas! sometime the young people make choices that arent right..

^Did she specifically said having black child or more appropriately a Caribbean or Afro-American child is sign of moral degradation or are we offended by usage of the word black in relevance to the kids fathered by black men in the ghetto with Somali mothers. No where I have seen Aaliyah saying black child by a Somali mother is sign of moral erosion. And let's contextualize what Aaliyah said, her argument is only restricted to Somali girls and non-Muslim black males in the ghetto.

Aaliyyah   

Oh please! It was the tone, the underlying message was that having black babies meant one has lost all morality/spiritual/culturally and socially - ps. Yes there are moral, spiritual and social issues concerning all of us in regard to our youth - but I would'nt just concetrate on those whom had 'black babies' ..

That wasn't the underlying message I was trying to convey in my posts. Not at all. My point was having babies out of wedlock with black/ghetto non muslim guys one has lost all morality/spiritiual/culture and socially..how come you guys are just focusing on the term black and not the fact that I was talking abt non muslim ghetto guys??.. whats with you people and trying to put words in my mouth..

I give up on trying to make u people understand my point..

Che lol dadkan just wanna argue walee..

tan kale I don't know abt london (maybe somali girls down there have kids out of wedlock with bangalis or indians or whoever else who lives in those ghetto areas. But, in canada mainly somali girls in the ghetto have kids out of wedlock with non-muslim black ghetto guys..so basically this is the trend I seen.

salaam

p.s. If one wants to marry and have kids with a muslim black guy. There's nothing wrong with that..so my comments were not racist at all. so all of you just chill out and move on

ElPunto   

Malika;731235 wrote:
I personally found the comment about having black babies as a sign of erotion of moral/spiritually in the community rather ugly comment.. ps. It was racist comment and I stood by my interpretation of it.

An ugly comment but a reality. That (some)Somalis would aspire to emulate and copulate with a group that for a host of reasons is in the lowest category of human development in the States and Canada with sky high levels of drug abuse, out of wedlock births, incarceration rates, absentee fathers, etc etc. says a lot about how low Somalis have come. We have a different language, religion, culture and history to almost every other group in the West - but we've chosen disproportionately to identify with blacks. Why?

ElPunto;731341 wrote:
An ugly comment but a reality. That (some)Somalis would aspire to emulate and copulate with a group that for a host of reasons is in the lowest category of human development in the States and Canada with sky high levels of drug abuse, out of wedlock births, incarceration rates, absentee fathers, etc etc. says a lot about how low Somalis have come. We have a different language, religion, culture and history to almost every other group in the West - but we've chosen disproportionately to identify with blacks. Why?

Excuse me, but we are Black. I think you should correct yourself and say African American/Carribbean.

Anyways, to answer your question. Our people came here as refugees with no education/money at all. The majority lived in government housing and depended on the government. Due to the war, husbands either stayed back or died and thus, the women raised 10 + kids on their own. Because we mostly lived in the ghettos, the kids were educated in the worst school as well the area is rife with drugs/prostitution/out of wedlock. Basically, you are a product of your environment, point blank! Parents can't complain that their kids are drugdealers or have kids at 18 because they raised them in the ghetto.

ElPunto   

^Same difference black/AA - I meant non Somali blacks.

Yeah - your answer is pretty much right and self explanatory. But when you see with your own eyes how bad things are in the ghetto and then willingly associate yourself with that when there are opportunities for getting out and despite the fact that you have your own culture, religion and history. That is where the earlier point about a severe moral decline in Somali communities becomes self-evident.

Aaliyyah   

Well put El Punto.

Insha'Allah this is just a phase that our community is going through and we will realize there is nothing better than our culture and religion. And, we don't need to copy the ghetto culture..

salaam

Som@li   

IF only some of those mothers were not busy with AYEETO/HAGBAD, and got out of Ghettos, their kids might have been saved.

Juxa   

Why are we so quick to judge the mothers? at least they stick around and do their best (most of them try). young men need fathers or father figures....where are the fathers? are they not the ones ciridkooda taagaya kenya and dubai spending caruurta caanahooda!

It is so easy to go on the blame-wagon, maybe there are other ways of addressing this problem and that is to engage the young people and help them find their way!

^Fathers are busy destroying the country leaving more mothers to fend for themselves and take care of the kids-if only one see the useless creatures that loiter around in the streets of Nairobi.

Juxa;731218 wrote:
Istaqfurullah.............. lets not take things too far.

dee waa run hunno. i agree with aliyah, if these girls are gonna have out of wedlock babies, at least have cute out of wedlock babies with timo jileec and san dhuubam

Juxa   

Those girls are daughters and sisters of someone, why baad la caytameysaa?

dont you know it could happen to you or to your sister!