Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Man Marries Pillow

Lee Jin-gyu fell for his 'dakimakura' - a kind of large, huggable pillow from Japan, often with a picture of a popular anime character printed on the side.

In Lee's case, his beloved pillow has an image of Fate Testarossa, from the 'magical girl' anime series Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha.

Now the 28-year-old otaku (a Japanese term that roughly translates to somewhere between 'obsessive' and 'nerd') has wed the pillow in a special ceremony, after fitting it out with a wedding dress for the service in front of a local priest. Their nuptials were eagerly chronicled by the local media.

'He is completely obsessed with this pillow and takes it everywhere,' said one friend.

'They go out to the park or the funfair where it will go on all the rides with him. Then when he goes out to eat he takes it with him and it gets its own seat and its own meal,' they added.

The pillow marriage is not the first similarly-themed unusual marriage in recent times - it comes after a Japanese otaku married his virtual girlfriend Nene Anegasaki, a character who only exists in the Nintendo DS game Love Plus, last November.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/816601-man-marries-pillow#ixzz1QEnHRrVX

Som@li   

Hug machine on show in Japan

Updated Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:13pm AEST

r788902_6850515.jpg

The Sense-Roid is connected to a jacket worn by the human user that replicates the embrace with the help of air compressors (AFP: Yoshikazu Tsuno)

Japanese inventors have pushed the frontiers of technology with the ultimate companion for lonely singles - a wired torso-shaped device that you can hug and that hugs you back.

The Sense-Roid looks like a tailor's mannequin with silicon skin and is packed with pressure sensors.

It is connected to a jacket worn by the human user that replicates the embrace with the help of air compressors.

The illusion of a mutual hug with the half-humanoid is enhanced by artificial muscles and vibrating devices in the tactile jacket, according to the inventors from the University of Electro-Communications in Tokyo.

"Many people initially feel surprised and uncomfortable about the unusual experience, but they gradually get accustomed to it until they feel comfortable and pleasant," said research team member Nobuhiro Takahashi.

"Usually people feel nothing, or they even feel bad, when they hug strangers, but they experience feelings of satisfaction, love and comfort when they hug a boyfriend or girlfriend.

"We wondered how humans would feel if they could hug themselves."

He added that the device could be used in medical therapy and to give comfort to elderly people living alone. However, there were no immediate plans to put the gadget into commercial production.

The Sense-Roid is on display at the 3D & Virtual Reality Expo in Tokyo.

Aaliyyah   

kualaha@give comfort to elderly people living alone..lol ma wax qof badalaya ba aduunka jira. Alle cidla nama dhigo...now seeing cadaan elders all alone, you would wanna have at least 10 kids (so some of them can turn alright n take care of u later on lol).

i mean say u have 3 kids, which I always think of having (and they all turn out cadaan washed) xagee iska dooni? hmm difficult question to answer somaha lols

salaam

Qorax   

^lol sadex leeyaa , bal nimcada ha isku yareenin .

Japanis people r weird.......with all tht technology no one suptitue Man.

Aaliyyah   

^lol walahi till today im like close to my mid 20s and i dnt have the slightest idea of how anyone raises 10 kids (as most somali parents do) bt then it kinda explains their lack of parenting..they focus too much on putting food on the table that they forget to sit with each child and try to figure out whats happening with that child's personal life..

laakin personally i dnt think i can raise 10 kids..this is not even abt asking myself whether i will be a good mom oo tarbiyadeenasa..it is not even about tarbiyada. I just dont think i can period lol..even three? sida lo manage gareenayo aaba adkaanasa..this lady was over at my house the other weekend and she had 3 kids..not even a lot right? n they were running all over the house. The lady was hardly paying attention to me or my mom ..she was literally going ..alla ba'ay hebaloy halkan haka dhicin. I felt sorry for her walee it aint easy taking care of kids..sadex hadaan kaso baxo ayaan bilad isa siin laha lmao. no kidding we have to be so grateful to our parents...waxay so qabteen ma aha wax aan anago qaban karno..kolay anu aan iska hadlo!..I cant imagine raising 10 kids! taasi wa qiyaame

salaam

Aaliyyah   

lol@ somalicentric.

Showqi mala yaabtay. Aduunka inta jogtid waxkasta waad arki oo cajiib ah lol..alle dadkan caqliga ha usoo celiyo.

salaam

nuune   

^^ Wax dhiba uma arko kolleey anigu, waayo horey baan u arkey nin guursadey xaashi, ama warqad, iyo mid kaloo saabuun guursadey, xataa markaas lama yaabin waayo waxaa ka sii horeeyey oon arkey nin mehersadey saxiixiisa ama signaturekiisa, laakin meher unbuu ahaa I don't know in uu guurkii dhacey.

Ps: Adduunkan hada la joogo hadaad dhahdo wax kasta waan la yaabi adiga unbaa xiidmaha ku kala fakkan sidii rooti laga hilmaamey in butter ama jam la marsado.