Sign in to follow this  
SayidSomal

What Will It Take?

nuune   

Hadal badan haan ba buuxsho miyaa la oran jirey horta, doofaarna fiicl baa loo cadaabaa baan maqli jirey wax saas camal, Kisaa'i wuxuuu yiri, hadaad always iska dhigto mafcuul bihi waa kuu dhamaatey, war at least aan noqono faacil marfuuc ah, taqdiiran aw takhriiban

soomaali maalin un bey heshiin oo nimceysan , waxaanse u baahannahay dad hogaamiya yaal ah oo soomaalinimada daacad ka tahay diyaarna u ah iney u dhintaan ,hadii la helo dad noocaas ah shacabka wey wada raacayaan, soomalida wey bislaatay wax hogaan fiican u noqdo ayeey weysan tahay mooyee .

soomaalida dibada joogto hadey banaanbax abaabulaan waxaa ku dayanaya wadamada kale sidaana waxaa ku balaabaya abaabul bulshadeed muqdisho ayey deetana ka bilaaban halqabsigana waa ( shacabka wexey rabaan in maamulka dowlada la hagaajiyo dastuurkana uu noqdo midka kala saara hey'adaha dalka) , iyo(alshabab danaha wadanka ayaa ka muhiimsan danta ururka )hadii dowlada musuqmaasuqa joojiso shacabkeedana daacad u noqoto inta lacag la'aan eey u geysan iney meela kale ku biiraan wey iska soo laabanayaan .

shacabka hadeey dhan kaa maraan waligaa ma guuleysaneysid ,alshabaabna waa ilmaha /waalidiinta/walaalaha ,hadaba cid walba hadey ilmaheeda cesheto yaa dagaalamaya islaan walbo ninkeeda waniso .

waa ogahay in arinka uu dhib badan yahay lakin waxaan loo dhibtoon mirahiisa lama gaaro.

N.O.R.F   

Unity is worthless if in name only.......

I have concluded Somalis are too politicised with too many interest groups looking for power (20+ years of no state does that to you) and dare I say it lack the maturity required for unity.

This what happens when you don't define things properly; people assume things - my fault really.

Ok - lets start again - first of all Unity means different things at different levels. here is dictionary definition of Unity:

ities, plural

1. The state of being united or joined as a whole, esp. in a political context

- European unity

- economic unity

2. Harmony or agreement between people or groups

- their leaders called for unity between opposing factions

3. The state of forming a complete and pleasing whole, esp. in an artistic context

- the repeated phrase gives the piece unity and cohesion

4. A thing forming a complex whole

- they speak of the three parts as a unity

5. In Aristotle's Poetics, each of the three dramatic principles requiring limitation of the supposed time of a drama to that occupied in acting it or to a single day (unity of time), use of one scene throughout (unity of place), and concentration on the development of a single plot (unity of action)

6. The number one

As evidenced by the replies to this thread - majority of people including the lamb (as opposed to sheep) by the name of Ngonge, did not get my drift - instead they all assumed that i was talking about the number definition of Unity. When in fact i was talking about or rather lamenting about the loss of unity in as far as it is defined in number 2. Unity of purpose and common interests, which the business sector in the Somali peninsular seems to practise at the moment.

So, I'll ask my question once again - How can we in SOL achieve unity of purpose and common interest for the betterment of ourselves and our people where ever they might be??

p.s. - that does not mean we all become so serious that we stop all together any fun in SOL. Just that it would be good and worthwhile to see once in while if not often us discussing something beneficial for all of us and reducing the negativity that seems to draw most of our attention in SOL.

Sayid*Somal;730671 wrote:

So, I'll ask my question once again - How can we in SOL achieve unity of purpose and common interest for the betterment of ourselves and our people where ever they might be??

sayid, you are calling for uniformity of opinions, instead we should encourage a pluralist model of thinking.

all things considered, the 'somali peninsula is at a very dynamic point in its modern history. perhaps, the political upheaval was necessary. change is always good.

but, it seems to me, that you're missing the point by all calling for a rigid form of unity. unity should be based on common shared interests not emotions. somalinimo is a myth and too often, too many people are consumed by such irrational ideas. we live in a world dominated by interest where the vestiges of tribalism and other backward beliefs no longer determine the power of play. I believe its time to put an end to this concept of greater Somalia, which is unreasonable and unrealistic and embrace the eventual and evitable fragmentation of the Somali peninsula. by embracing the self-determination of different regions in Somalia peninsula, we will expand the Somali language, culture and expand the notion of ‘somaliness’ across and into new frontier. this is key to development. already there more than 5 major centres of Somali commercial activity - dubai, eastleigh, hargeisa, mogdisho, bossaso, jigjiga. who knows what the future holds.

Alpha Blondy;730945 wrote:
sayid, you are calling for uniformity of opinions, instead we should encourage a pluralist model of thinking.

all things considered, the 'somali peninsula is at a very dynamic point in its modern history. perhaps, the political upheaval was necessary. change is always good.

u missed the point alpha. from what sayidsomal wrote, he didn't call for uniformity of opinions but ratherHow can we in SOL achieve unity of purpose and common interest for the betterment of ourselves and our people where ever they might be??. and this, by any far doesn't mean uniformity of opinion.

the likes of sayid are illogical. they use loose and empty phrases they have no comprehension off. he is most certaintly somali-weyn and doesnt understand 'real politik'' and the realities on the ground. Sadly, sayid is not the exception but the norm among this nation of losers. if, we all, understand that the status quo is beneficial for all then we can at least some strides towards the betterment of our people.