Sign in to follow this  
SayidSomal

What Will It Take?

- To unite Somalis?

Watching the daily rants of SOL and Panorama's Land of Anarchy - I wonder what will it take for Somalis to wake up and see the reality as Somalis we are living in - more importantly for them to ACT??

I am hopeful - but for how long?

Individuals and Groups operate under certain conditions that allow them to do what they do with impunity in the current Somali arena - one can not simple change the situation by changing the individuals or the groups. We need to change the conditions that allow them to exist.

How can we as individuals best contribute to changing the condition of ourselves and those that surround us?

Taleexi   

The fruition of your feeling is not only a function of time rather among many other factors. Many Somalis are hopeful as you are but their resilience has to yet pay them handsomely.

Aaliyyah   

in my opinion those who want to separate should have the full right to separate..maxay nagala maqnaanayayaan, sadexdooda magaladood meshay rabaan hala adaan...

as for the rest of us who believe in somaliwayn, midnimo, sinaan, wax wada qabsasho, iyo horumar. we should find a way for the rest of somali regions to unite, maintain peace, and reach progress.

salaam

Let's be honest with each other-everyone is sitting on the fence and not moving a finger yet we have audacity to ask what will it take to unite all Somalis.

Put simply, god forbid it may take a successful Al Shabab terror plot on the streets of a western capital for the world to engage the disaster that is Somalia once and for all. Even then the prospects for peace would not be good, as we are some of the most hardheaded people on this planet. Just imagine if we weren’t muslims but rather idol worshippers. We would hold on to those believes like our lives depended on it.

I sadly predict another decade of anarchy. I just hope my children will know a peaceful Somalia like my parents did, however brief it was.

I like your question XX.

Just like in SOL we will continue to bicker amongst ourselves for eternity. Then again I’m a cynic beyond believe.:eek:

whatever happens i just hope we get rid of these vile Shabab cowards. They have taken the Somali name to a new low. Cowards beyond believe.

Som@li   

Despite the anarchy , famine, and destruction, Somalis have not yet shown they are ready to move on, and bring peace. Sometimes I think the situations got so worse, it has reached a point of no return, where most pple with capacity to rebuild, change the country have disappeared, Somalia can only be helped , and shaped by those who these problems touch everyday, those who are back home, and unless they move and do something to get out of the mess, it will be like this.

Weli sheeko ma dhowa!

NGONGE   
Contrary to what many here are arguing I actually believe that it does not take much to unite Somalis. The majority of you (and I exclude myself wa man raxima rabi) are sheep. You united behind the Courts, you united behind Sharif and a large number are now lamenting the loss of Farmajo. You are an emotional lot that fall for and follow personalities. So, in order to unite you all, you just need a competent personality to lead you all. Find yourself a competent man and build him a personality ban ku idin odhan laha.

^ exactly whats wrong with so-called leaders..... keep you're ears to the ground and listen to the people.... they just want peace, shelter and security. all else is peripheral.