Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

What exactly are Farmajo’s achievements?

NGONGE   

NASSIR;729671 wrote:
He is popular among the masses, and that is what matters the most in democratic ideals. I think the emergence of leaders whose support from the public transcends along clan lines is something to be rejoiced by every Somali person. Such phenemenon enlivens our Somali nationalism; it also frustrates the designers of the disintegration of the Republic. The Islamic Courts, despite its foibles and blunders in strategic calculation, was a popular movement nipped in the bud. And now we are witnessing another good faith effort on the side of high performance technorats and political leaders derailed by the same two Shariifs and their backers.

Sheikh Sharif was popular among the masses and even got support from Norf above (who I drag into this becuse of his question above). I would have thought we have learned our lesson from the Sharif stitch up, saaxib!

Let's hope this is a rhetorical question and good Ngonge wasn't expecting to see shining skyscrapers near Liido beach, total defeat of Shabaab, and new Somalia rising out of the ashes from the "world's foremost failed state" in the span of six months while fighting both external enemies of the TFG as well as internal enemies within the TFG.

So what is it Ngonge? Is yours just mere disingenuous naysaying or shallow Western ignorance?

Talking of total defeat of Al Shabab, your beloved Farmajo did say (earlier this year) that he would wipe them from every part of Somalia within 90 days. So, though I did not expect him to manage it, I could, should I wish to, point and laugh. Still, that is not my question. My question is about this empty sudden popularity, saaxib. Other than saying that he was a good man who was badly treated by the Sharifs and Uganda I truly see nothing that makes it look like Somalia lost some great leader (if it's ignorance, enlighten me. If "disingenuous naysaying", point it out dee).

while PMs before him devoted their energies is meaningless trips, he has single single-mindedly pursued securing territory and providing for the liberated people even if what could provide was aid... More competent cabinet + more professional forces = the first foot steps to recovery...

I love the tunnel vision there, NN. :D

Saaxib, did the old warlords not pay their militias on time? As for previous prime ministers devoting their energies to meaningless trips, could you really argue that Farmajo did not do the same? I am willing to wager that no PM before has made more forigen trips (the man was almost catching up with Sheikh Hotel to be honest). Granted though, visiting the soldiers was a nice touch.

p.s.

Aaliyyah, nothing to be jealoues about adeer. The man lost his job. Dee naga daa.

Qorax   

^Nogongo the guy managed to unite Somalis around Somalia that itself is achievement..... so how did he do it ? All the people above me have mentioned how he managed to achieve that success, but u r still not convinced . So lets say the guy used Black Magic how about that?

Gabbal   

Some things aren't meant to be replied to and your shrill negative protestations are among those things. Whatever achievements this man has garnered, it isn't meant to be critiqued by you all the way in London town holding political allegiance to secessionist Hargeisa. It is meant for the populace under the TFG to remark on and remark have they done.

N.O.R.F   

^:D the man asked a simple question. Ama ka jawaab ama acknowledge Farmaajo didn't actually do much. Even I wondered what he acheived when I saw islaamo coming out supporting him.

Ngonge, there was euphoria when Sheikh Sharif was elected. In Farmaajo's case the euphoria occured when he was asked to resign :D

Gabbal   

N.O.R.F;729783 wrote:
^
:D
the man asked a simple question. Ama ka jawaab ama acknowledge Farmaajo didn't actually do much. Even I wondered what he acheived when I saw islaamo coming out supporting him.

Ngonge, there was euphoria when Sheikh Sharif was elected. In Farmaajo's case the euphoria occured when he was asked to resign
:D

He didn't ask a simple or even an honest question. That you are the only person in this topic to give him credibility should give you a pause.

Also, you are right in the difference of euphoria. People were ecstatic when Sheikh Sharif was elected whereas for Farmaajo it was when he was asked to resign. In your less then intelligent attempt at a political jab you have failed to see people were moved by what Sheikh Sharif could have represented whereas for Farmaajo it was what he represented. Euphoria after accomplishment is the substantive euphoria, not the euphoria based on expectation.

What your Siilaanyo spokesman friend Ngonge here, opining from his private quarters somewhere in London, can never fully see is the story in Mogadishu streets:

Angry Somali citizens and agitated members of parliament said Tuesday they fear the recent forced resignation of the country's Somali-American prime minister will allow government corruption to rise again, bringing back a time when soldiers went unpaid for months.

Mohamed was seen as the rare honest politician in Mogadishu.

The mother of six said her life has changed dramatically over the past six months.
Three of her children have attended a free government-run school the former prime minister was responsible for opening.
Her son joined the army after being encouraged by the government's renewed seriousness to care for its soldiers, and
brings home about $150 a month.

Mohamed "was like a rain after a long, drawn-out drought," said Ali. "It's been the best life I have seen for 20 years."

Sadaat Mohamed Nur, the director of the department of planning and training at the Women's Ministry, said he received only two months of salary in 2009 and five months in 2010,
but since Mohamed took office last fall, he has received regular pay.

"I'm worried because the corruption can rear its head again," the 32-year-old said, adding that he put his plans to get married this year on hold "because I don't know what will happen next month."

Mohamed Abdulqadir Mohamud, who works for a local organization called Aragti Relief and Development, said the deal was an affront to Mohamed's government, which cleaned up government institutions and started to deliver services.

^and thus why both you and him will fail to comprehend why those "islaamo" took to the streets.

NGONGE   

Gabbal;729792 wrote:
He didn't ask a simple or even an honest question. That you are the only person in this topic to give him credibility should give you a pause.

Also, you are right in the difference of euphoria. People were ecstatic when Sheikh Sharif was elected whereas for Farmaajo it was when he was asked to resign. In your less then intelligent attempt at a political jab you have failed to see people were moved by what Sheikh Sharif could have represented whereas for Farmaajo it was what he represented. Euphoria after accomplishment is the substantive euphoria, not the euphoria based on
expectation

Honest question? :D Ok, I'll let that pass. But your post above brings us back to the original point. What "Euphoria after accomplishment" is this?

War don't take words to heart, saaxib. I have nothing against Farmajo as a person. In fact, had I believed that he will make proper use of this latter day popularity I'd be the first to sing his praises. However, having watched the meek way he gave up the fight after first appearing to stand his ground, I hold no hope of him ever returning to the political arena in any major position (just like the PMs before him) and, THAT, is what puzzles me about all this overreaction.

p.s.

Talking about me being in London, hada ma adiga Villa Somalia jooga saaxib? That dig is way below you and you know it.

Gabbal   

Ngonge, my earlier post has been edited.

Also I do extend apologies. Hindsight is 20/20 and looking back I notice my tone is somewhat combative. Still, it was more a response to your lack of empathy and sympathy to the causes which led the populace of Mogadishu to make their voices heard for the first time.

His resignation is a disappointment but I am not completely blind to the sort of external, as well as internal, pressures that might have led to it. Also, I have just heard that if the current interim prime minister is named prime minister, he has vowed to name Farmaajo as deputy-prime minister in order to both keep his skills inside the TFG as well as keep him in the game in order to be in a position to succeed Sheikh Sharif as president come next year's presidential "elections." The story continues to unfold.

NGONGE   

^^ War waa caadi. But I'll tell you one thing for nothing (if you happen to be in touch with Farmajo). He must make full use of this here and now or else the people shall never rise again.

Gabbal   

As long as the TFG can be in a position where a speaker of parliament doesn't understand his job description and wants to meddle in the executive affairs or vice versa, the people shall never rise. The work started by Farmaajo and his cabinet of technocrats can continue and they can be in a position to design the political parameters of the post-transition as long as the interim prime minister is named the succeeding PM. If this occurs, I will rest a little better knowing Sharif Hassan and the other corrupt charlatans have exposed themselves completely and still have to deal with the team put in place by the recent PM. This wasn't just a war against a single individual but a war against a cohesive team who put the interests of the public before theirs.

LOL@ Ngonge, its not tunnel vision, here is an article with government workers saying exactly what I said...

Talaado, June 21, 2011 (HOL) – Shacabka Soomaaliyeed iyo xildhibaannada ayaa si isku mid ah uga carooday iscasilaadii ra'iisul wasarihii hore ee Soomaaliya Maxamed C/llaahi Maxamed (Farmaajo), waxayna sheegeen inay tani dalka u horseedaydo inuu dib ugu laabto musuqmaasuqii.

In ka badan 150-xildhibaan oo ka tirsan baarlamaanka Soomaaliya ayaa ku baaqay maanta oo Talaado ah in mudanayaashu ay si deg-deg ah isugu yimaadaan kulan ay kaga kaga hadlayaan heshiiskii dhexmaray madaxweyne Sheekh Shariif Sheekh Axmed iyo Shariif Xasan Sheekh Aadan, kaasoo dhigayay in ra'iisul wasaarihii hore ee Soomaaliya uu ka tago xafiiskiisa.

Mudane Maxamaed Farmaajo oo horay u diiday inuu xilka iska casilo kaddib markii uu arkay dadweynaha oo dibadbaxyo ka dhigaya Muqdisho uguna baaqaya inuusan is casilin, ayaa haddana wuxuu si lama filaan ah isku casilay horraantii toddobaadkan.

Ra'iisul wasaarihii hore ayay Soomaali badan u arkaan inuu ahaa siyaasi daacad ah oo aan la mid ahayn hoggaamiyeyaasha kale oo lagu eedeeyo inay dantooda gaarka ah ka hormariyaan midda guud. Mid ka mid ah saraakiisha DKMG ah ayaa sheegay in shaqaalaha dowladda iyo ciidamadu ay mushaar joogto ah helayeen mudaddii uu Farmaajo xafiiska ku sugnaa, balse hadda dib loogu laabanayo xilligii hore ee mushaar la'aanta.

Farmaajo ayaa xilka uga tagay heshiiskii lagu gaaray 09-kii bishan Kampala, kaasoo lagu go'aamiyay in dowladda hal sano oo dheeraad ah loogu daro xilliga ay talinayso. Balse iscasilaadda Farmaajo ayaa loo arkaan mid dalka dib ugu celinaysa musuqmaasuqii hore.

"Hadda dhaqaalaha dowladda wuxuu ku dhacaa jeebabka hoggaamiyeyaal aan waxba ka xishoon," ayay tiri Bakistaan Maxamed Cali oo nadiifiso ka ahayd xafiiskii ra'iisul wasaaraha Soomaaliya, iyadoo intaas ku dartay inay bil walba mushaar u qaadan jirtay 150-dollar ayna hadda ka baqayso in mushaarkaas ay wado.

Hooyo lix caruur ah haysata oo ka sheekeysay sida ay u aragto iscasilaadda ra'iisul wasaare Farmaajo ayaa sheegtay in lixdii bilood ee ugu dambeeyay ay saddex ka mid ah caruurteeda wax ka baran jireen iskuul ay dowladdu maamusho oo lacag la'aan ah. Mid ka mid ah caruurteedana uu ku biiray ciidamada dowladda uuna qaadan jiray bishii 150-dollar.

"Maxamed Farmaajo wuxuu la mid ahaa roob da'ay muddo dheer oo abaaro ah kaddib," ayay tiri Bakistaan, oo intaas ku dartay: "Wuxuu ahaa hoggaamiyihii ugu wanaagsanaa ee aan arko 20 sano."

Saadaad Maxamed Nuur oo ka mid ah shaqaalaha wasaaradda haweenka iyo arrimaha qoyska ee DKMG ah ayaa sheegay in sannadkii 2009 uu helay mushaarka laba bilood oo keliya, sidoo kalena sannadkii 2010 uu helay mushaarka shan bilood, laakiin tan iyo markii uu xafiiska la wareegay Farmaajo uu si joogto ah u heli jiray mushaarkiisa.

"Anigu waan walwalsanahay - maxaa yeelay musuqmaasuq ayaan mar kale ku laabanaynaa," ayuu yiri Saadaad oo 32-jira ah, isagoo intaas ku daray in qorshihiisu ahaa inuu guursado sannadkan. "Ma garanayo waxa dhici doona bisha soo socota," ayuu hadalkiisa ku daray.

Maxamed C/qaadir Maxamed, oo ka shaqeeya hay'ad maxali ah oo lagu magacaabo ARAGTI ayaa sheegay in heshiiska labada Shariif uu yahay mid lagu horjoogsanayo waxqabadka xukuumadda Farmaajo, taasoo dib u habeyn ku sameysay hay'adaha dowladda isla markaana bilaabay howl waxtar leh.

"Hadda dhibaatada jirta waa inaanan ogeyn cidda lagu bedelayo. Ma awoodi doonaa inuu sii wado howlihii uu ka tagay Farmaajo? Mise wuu luminayaa? waan sugaynaa waana arkaynaa," ayuu Maxamed C/qaadir u sheegay AP.

Madaxweynaha Soomaaliya iyo Guddoomiyaha Baarlamaanka ayaa weli isku maandhaafsan cidda bedeleysa Farmaajo oo soo jiitay qalbiyada iyo indhaha Shacabka Soomaaliyeed.

Maxamed Xaaji Xuseen, Hiiraan Online

maxuseen@hiiraan.com

Muqdisho, Soomaaliya

Any sane person with good judgment and understanding over the current situation in Somalia knows the true picture of what is going on in Somalia. The truth speaks itself out load. Somalis inside Somalia and around the globe welcomed and were happy with Farmajo Government. With its limited capacity and its short period it existed the made progress in every field, be it moral boosting of our military and supporting them in every way, getting most of government institutions up and functioning, tackled corruptions and last but not least a good governance. I believe that any good somali citizen regardless of his/her clan will acknowledge that and at least would say: “Been Alla xaraanshaye, give the man a credit for putting together such a good, honest and result-oriented team”. But, but to ahem anyone else with an ulterior motives just laugh at them and IGNORE ;-)

Kool_Kat   

Gabbal;729792 wrote:
Also, you are right in the difference of euphoria.
People were ecstatic when Sheikh Sharif was elected whereas for Farmaajo it was when he was asked to resign.
In your less then intelligent attempt at a political jab you have failed to see people were moved by what Sheikh Sharif could have represented whereas for Farmaajo it was what he represented. Euphoria after accomplishment is the substantive euphoria, not the euphoria based on
expectation

Iyadoo eysan isku d.ir iga eheen, if the above isn't a TKO, I don't know what is!

Not much can really be done in the short time Farmaajo has been in office, specially for a country that has been dismantled for over two decades! Very silly of NG to ask such a question, laakiin sheekada inuu meel kale uwado bey ila tahay...

With that said, Farmaajo has done something no other Somali official has done for two decades+: SOOMAALI IS WADA GARAB TAAGAN, Somalia dhexdeeda iyo aduun weynahoo idil...If Farmaajo did that, trust and believe, in my eyes and so many other Somalis around the world, he has accomplished a lot more than Faroole iyo Siilaanyo la'isku daray oona la labo jibaaray...

Ps, the fact that he's easy on the eyes is also a plus in my books...:P

N.O.R.F   

Gabbal;729792 wrote:

Also, you are right in the difference of euphoria. People were ecstatic when Sheikh Sharif was elected whereas for Farmaajo it was when he was asked to resign. In your less then intelligent attempt at a political jab you have failed to see people were moved by what Sheikh Sharif could have represented whereas for Farmaajo it was what he represented. Euphoria after accomplishment is the substantive euphoria, not the euphoria based on
expectation

What your Siilaanyo spokesman friend Ngonge here, opining from his private quarters somewhere in London, can never fully see is the story in Mogadishu streets:

^and thus why both you and him will fail to comprehend why those "islaamo" took to the streets.

Touche, but why spit the dummy out? :D

You fail to answer the question yet continue to shrowd it in 'the poster is being disingenous' because he represents SL and lives in London (whilst you're shouting from even further afar) but continue to tell us he DID have some accomplishments but, for some reason, can't expand on them.

You have arrived at a host of conclusions about the poster just because a) he asked the question b) is from SL c) lives in London but then go on and tell us there actually were some accomplishments.

Very worked up. Tolow waayo? :D

Farmaajo’s Achievement:

1- Competent Cabinet

2- Competent Cabinet

3- Competent Cabinet (And yes there is no military to speak of, so any claim of credit for the AMISOM offense against alshabaab is pure politicking…)

4- Precursor for an emerging consensus in the laymen and enlightened alike that Somalis have no say in their affairs.

Farmaajo’s Shortcomings:

1- Lack of keen appreciation of the extent of foreign meddling in Somali affairs

2- Failed to understand that Somalia in the current political framework has no leverage on the table (ma ku dhuusaysaa Mahiga and the co? The only alternative when faced such humiliation is to join alshabaab, maaha?)

3- Failed to devise any meaningful reconciliation platform where Somalis could sort this mess out

Now, all his shortcomings are understandable in the context of current trusteeship Somalia is technically in. What is not understandable is all the protestations from supposedly educated folks in the cabinet! I for one would like to see another humiliation for the Sharifs, the next PM, and regional leaders so Somalis can be made to understand the value of sovereignty they so recklessly surrendered.

It must be noted though Farmaajo and the majority of his team has just arrived the scene and cannot be blamed the chronic political situation they have been operating in. They could not be excused for not understanding the rules of the game; the relationship between real political stakeholders whose soldiers are dying in the field, and the political operatives either appointed or selected by unaccountable parliament who face the predicament such an arrangement poses.