Sign in to follow this  
Nin-Yaaban

SoL 10th year Anniversary

I couldn't find anything on Archive, or Wayback Machine to find out when this site came online. But going off when the Admin and Libaax registered, seems like the 10th year anniversary is Sept of this Year.

So anyone got any stories from wayback.

Lets hear for SomaliaOnline 10th year birthday.

Aaliyyah   

loool this place is the same age as my little sister, thats too cute!..

Anyways, I was here half of that 10 years. Time to retire! I been saying that like forever lool

Happy bday to Sol :D

salaam

sol is an invaluable source of information. i wish the management were a little more lenient on some issues. primary among these is freedom of speech. i also think that membership shouldnt be so strict. nonetheless congratulation on 10 years. i've only been here for 1 year of those glorious years but cheers.

Qorax   

If your were 20 when u joined SOL and u r 30 lol and if you were 30 then u 40. But I am sure half of you won't count last year so you r still in ur early 20s lol

I like this plc , I remember the first time ever I came to know this site was around 2002 through Google and the first page I opened was DOODWADAAGpage but couldn't understand anything so I left and after some time I received a recommendation from a friend.

Now when I get up in the morning I quickly browse the Politics page to see a snap of what is going on.

Happy bday SOL and I wana take this opportunity to thank the ADMIN & the Moderators for the great job they do around here without you guyz this plc would have been the famous Somali parliament gathering .........keep up the great job.

Showqi   

Sol Haday toban sano u buuxsantay, toban kale iyo in ka badan ayaan u rajaynayaanaa.

Dadka tobanka sano memberka ahaa, walee mar dhow caruurtoodii ayaa sheekadooda halkan ka akhrisan doona.

UZTAAD   

happy anniversary , this is my favourite site i have been member for 2 years and i have got allot of information, entertainment ,knowledge thanks for all controbuters and admins

Qorax   

Lol@Jacayl sxb waa runtaa amayba fiicanthay in aan junior-kaaga uu san arkin waxaad qasi jirtay lol

Out of the topic : Anyone know where i can listen to this song: Qoraxdoo aroortii qaybisay falaaraha ama qaansa roobo....?

A brief history of SOL.

Before there was SOL, there was a site called somali.com in late '90s. Then that site's then popular chatroom was hacked and placed in another upcoming site. That upcoming site now is the most infamous Soomaali site on the net. I won't mention it but almost all the older members of SOL are familiar with it, and we were refugees of that site, taking shelter in SOL.

When that popular chatroom on somali.com was hacked, the masses who were using it were not aware it. They moved along with that chatroom.

And during the late summer of 2000, ex-admins (I think) of somali.com created SOL. It was August. And we were invited in a grassroots-like campaign from that infamous site. Each member invited another and then another. And the rest is history.

Sanadguuro wacan SOL. SOL mar dhow curad ayuuba noqon doonaa. Anagana abtiyaal/adeero/habaryaal/eedooyin u wada noqon doonaa, if not awoowiyaal/ayeeyiyaal. 058.gif

I have never been a member of another somali or other nations' forum.

I am very loyal member of SOL.

I started reading SOL during one lousy and boring work day back at the end of 2001 i think.

The joke section drew me here.

At the beginning of 2002 I became member.

The rest is history as they say.