Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Is yours a marriage of convenience?

Aaliyyah   

It is true that many people get married just cuz every other farah or xalimo is settling. Which explains the high divorce rate in the somali community. There is nothing wrong with getting married, in fact it is half of your deen. But, it is good to strive to find a good person who is mature/responsible who you can say okey this man I can spend the rest of my life with. As oppose to oh my god every halimo got married lol..like my mom always tells me dee orad guurso and all that preaching. But, personally i dnt see myself married unless I find that right person. I dont giva dam who settled or who didnt :D

salaam

my mom always tells me dee orad guurso and all that preaching. But, personally i dnt see myself married unless I find that right person.

Now expect PMs from Xaaji Xunjuf and Axmed_Najad :D

Taleexi   

Alla maxaa layska waalay! this voluntary surrender of your God given freedom will carry on - I must agree with Nuune, marriage is the only prison you voluntarily submit to.

Malika   

I must be too tired - cant comprehend the marriage equals a prison sentence concept the guys are talking about here..:confused:

LOL@Aaliyah - any given chance huh? :P

Aaliyyah   

^lol malika

I wonder jacaylbaro wat your awoowe meant by that statement. perhaps, he meant if u married someone u luv it is prison especially if that person takes it for granted, where if u married someone u dnt care abt too much then u are not heartbroken if something goes wrong..Just saying maybe thats what he meant! even though its weird way of looking at it. Like if u married someone u dnt luv marriage should be a prison..like whats the point of that marriage!..where if u married someon u luv n luvs u should be worthwhile. But, then again real love comes after marriage doesnt it? so u never know how things are until u get married and qofka si wacan u baratid...hmm now its getting more complicated lol ...

Lol Malka neither can I comprehend what they are yapping abt but I am thinking if jacaylbaros awoowe said it, there might be some wisdom behind it. Odey mala yacni uma hadlin wuxun arkay :)

salaam

Taleexi   

Maxay gabdhahan yar yari maxay la qayl qaylinayaan - Prison-ka waa ku khasbanahay sheekadu halkaas bay ku dhan tahay Illaahay amarkiis.

horta, there are days i wonder who was that first caveman who invented marriage? it must've been a mutation that made him want to settle for one woman. the other cavemen should've go together and made sure he got into an accident before he passed on his onegina disease. alas, millions of years later, we are still suffering for the actions of that one selfish *******.

Miriam1   

Interesting. There are a lot of marriages took place only because the girl is edging on that disastrous age *imagine dramatic music - DUN DUN DUN* 30. So its really a mission to marry before 30 and many of these marriages can be successful or fails. Oh and men, when they generally hit 35 - are obsessed with the idea of settling down - so who ever is next best girl is the one. its all really sad.

marka hore raadso qof naftaada ku qanacsantahay ,aadna isla jaan qaadi kartaan ,kadib salaatul istakhaara u tuko rabina u bari ,hadii eey qeyr ku tahay waa kuu fududaanee hadii kale Rabi ayaa kaa leexin .

lakin marka koowadba hadaad ku barato meel xun calaaqadiinana horana macsi ka buuxdo guurkiina munkar miiran laga dhigay ,halkeed barako iyo reynreyn ka sugeysaa. guurka wanaagsan runtii waa jano aduun oo kale , ka fiirsi ayuu ubaahan yahay intaadan galin , ninkana haduu mas'uul noqdo gabadha si fiican ula dhaqmo training fiican siiyo wadadaas ayeey waligeed ku socon waa hadaad adiga ugu horeysid ( gabarnimo ku guursatid).

Aaliyyah   

^sound advice there..especially abt how important it is where you meet the person. We usually underestimate that and be like whereever u meet him dnt matter as long as u get to know him afterwards (ie meeting him at a party, or those nowadays who think meeting someone online is cool and etc)...!

I hoenstly believe if you meet someone at the wrong place, i doubt they would hold you in high regard and treat you as such!..and not to mention if you met him at the wrong place chances that he will turn wrong is higher as oppose to meeting him meel ka qeyr badan..

thanks for ur input!

salaam