Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Is yours a marriage of convenience?

Last month, a client came to my office looking stressed. She had been married for only two months, but her husband was already cheating on her.

He had also threatened to beat her up several times. When I dug deeper, I found out that they had courted for only a month before moving in together.

As I always say, marriage is meant to be a life-long commitment, therefore, get married to someone you are sure you want to spend the rest of your life with, rather than anyone just because you are under pressure to settle down.

Interesting piece from The Daily Nation ...... http://www.nation.co.ke/Features/Living/Is+yours+a+marriage+of+convenience/-/1218/1180806/-/1u2b0tz/-/index.html

What a story ................

A woman, unhappy with the disrespectful way her husband treated her, decided to kill him.

She figured that if his death was sudden, people would get suspicious, so she decided to seek the services of a witchdoctor who would advise her on a slow way to do it.

Here was his advice, “Take this poison and mix it with the food that you serve him for the next six months. Remember to kiss him often and treat him like a king.”

This, the witch doctor assured her, would make him weaken him gradually and kill him eventually. The woman thought to herself, “What is six months of treating him well if I will be rid of him after that?”

That day, she cooked her husband his favourite meal and when he came home that evening, she kissed him, took his coat, and kept him company while he ate.

She could tell that he was surprised, because they had not been on good terms for a long time. As days and weeks went by, she and her husband started to get close.

He started to treat her with respect, bought her presents, and started to take her out. Five months later, she realised how happy she was — her husband had turned into a loving, romantic, thoughtful, and respectful person.

How could she live without him? She rushed back to the witchdoctor, and begged him to give her medicine to reverse the damage that the poison had caused. “I don’t want him to die,” she said.

The witchdoctor laughed, and with a smug look on his face, said, “What I gave you wasn’t poisonous. Go back home and always treat your husband like you have done for the past five months”

everything we do in life is out of convenience, the job, the children, the marriage. i think as a man, you should get married, but dont expect to be happy. luckily in islam there is the option of marrying another, although that seems to be more headache then it seems. the best thing to do is to cheat, but don't cheat with the same woman, keep it fresh and interesting, and always wear protection.

Showqi   

Axmed-InaJaad;728757 wrote:
the best thing to do is to cheat, but don't cheat with the same woman, keep it fresh and interesting, and always wear protection.

Hahaha, hahahahaa You definitely don't wanna leave any incriminating evidence Huh...........:D

Ibtisam   

There is nothing wrong with a marriage of convenience, it just needs to suit your needs and wants in life- if he is threatening to beat you or cheating, you just need to leave and find another one that makes you happy for however long it may last. People get bogged down with trying to find something that lasts forever be it by force or glue or clan. :cool:

JB your article implies it was always the women fault- damn the witchdoctor :D

JUXa; lool malah you nearly answered the question.

Juxa   

Ibti all relationships are about supply/demand/delivery

Labo qof Isla jooga reason bey iskula joogaan.

I did not read the article but love if you lucky is part of the parcel and fortunately not the whole parcel. Otherwise life would be boring.

Ina najaad you should come with hazard tag

NGONGE   

"If thou dost marry, I’ll give thee this plague for thy dowry. Be thou as chaste as ice, as pure as snow, thou shalt not escape calumny. Get thee to a nunnery, go. Farewell. Or, if thou wilt needs marry, marry a fool, for wise men know well enough what monsters you make of them. To a nunnery, go, and quickly too. Farewell."

Eesh cala ya Hamlet. :D

nuune   

Marriage, what is marriage, marriage is going to a prison willingly(volunteering) for a period of time without police enforcement, for the whole period while you are in prison, you actively participate repetitive workshops that never end, only until you escape, you won't feel safe in the hands of the animal kingdom.

Juxa   

CL you pushed me to it

Marriage is jannah on earth, obviously to get to the jannah you must be deserving and humble, hence why many dont enjoy marriage, waligood ma arkayaan ileyn ma aysan shaqeysane!

Ngonge you are lug'gooyo lugo loo yeelay

Thanks Juxa- i just vomited a little.

Marriage is a joke my darling nothing but a glorified prison......not to mention a big hoop compromise.

p.s If it wasn’t for the deen.....how many of you would even bother with it eeh?.

p.s.s the only jannah that can come out of this sham is if the old man agrees to marry me. I even agreed to pay for the online bariis session. As my tool (whatever that thing is called) Juxa- you've been useless in advocating for my online guur. As the opportunistic person i am-Old Man the SoL 10yrs anniversary is approaching what say you? ;)