Sign in to follow this  
Complete

Recommend Apps

Complete   

I'm an Android user so my recommendations are as follows:

- Adhan Alarm. It comes equipped with an audio call of the adhan and a qiblah director.

-Barcode Scanner. In a store and yet can't locate the pricing of the product? No worries. Scan the barcode and not only will it tell you the pricing but it'll compare the store pricing with other local stores and even online shops.

-ColorNotes. This application is for those who like to jot down to-do lists everyday and like checking them off. Keeps you on track. Plus side, there's a widget for it.

- GestureSearch. Hate looking for contacts, bookmarks, music, and other media especially when driving? Simply open this app and draw in the name of what you're looking for. I only use my thumb when I'm driving. It's hella quick and easy.

-miCoach. This is especially useful for those fitness freaks. You'll have an actual coach drilling and warming you up on your phone. It'll keep track of distance and time ran using your GPS. Works well on cycling as well. It can also keep track of your heart rate. You can also set up a daily, weekly and monthly schedule. It has other cool perks. Check it out!

What are your recommendations? Do mention what kind of phone you have and what type of software/platform it's running.

AYOUB   

The iPhone torch app is magical. You click on on it a badhan appears on the screen you press it and.. abracadabra! you're holding a £500 torch. Can't wait to go miyi. The thermometer app is useless though. I've even put the phone under my armpit and it still says 0. Either I don't know how to use it or the thingy thinks I'm dead.

The london tube map app is very useful.

PS Why is it not possible to see or watch embedded videos on iPhone on SOL while it is on other Somali sites? Make sure you include to add the links for posted videos so my "smart" phone can show it.

I've even put the phone under my armpit and it still says 0

Bilaa dab baad tahay dee sxb ..... :D

Try that on a girl and let me know ,,, lool

Jacpher   

Just a quick review of same of the apps on my phone.

alQibla: As the name implies, it helps you determine the location of the qibla using the built in gps. Also by using the gps, it calculates your precise location city/country to deliver the athan via text alert or voice. You may choose between different athans, makka, medina, aqsaa and couple more. No more guessing the qibla direction when you're driving in the country. No internet connection required except the first time to setup. I've tested other athans and none of the were as accurate at this one. Best of it, free.The developer of this app is also developed Firefox Prayer Time extension and runs Tanzil, Quran Navigator, quran website with dozens of tafsiir, kind of like quranexplorer but better. Great work brother. Masha'allah. Guys try the firefox athan extension. You can't go wrong with your browser telling you time to pray and count down to your next prayer. Cool work.

Al Mus-haf Quran: Just like the name says, your Quran Musxaf Fahdi in your iphone. Has tafsiir. I know, no voice qiraa'a. Just reading but works great. Free.

Athkaar: Your daily athkaar, sabaax iyo masaa'a among many other ducaa. Never miss your daily adkaar. Free.

iSubha: iSubxaanalaah is your tusbax in digital. Does the counting of your daily tasbiix. You can customize and add more phrases of tasbiix. Costs 2 bucks. Worth it. This developer also developed a very good todo app that works real good.

Hisn Al Muslim: Again as the name says, your xisnul muslim in digital in the palm of your hands. Can't function without it. Free.

Al-Quran Al Kareem: This app lets you download six different recitation to your phone. No wifi needed then. Comes with quran search option, bookmarking and tafsiir. The search feature can use a little improvement. It failed me couple of times.

And dropbox, google; gv.

Will do more later insha'alaah.

Complete   

Jacpher;728275 wrote:
Just a quick review of same of the apps on my phone.

And dropbox.

DropBox is one application I constantly use at work and very much recommend. I usually use it to review papers, forms, powerpoints and etc. I'm not sure about your guys phones but I'm able to edit my files on my phone. It's worth the download.

Jacpher   

A smart phone with no dropbox, isn't really smart. There are couple dozen of apps that works with dropbox. From note taking to editing documents to backing up photos contact to the cloud. I've got few apps that sync with dropbox.

AYOUB   

Zack, there are cheap solar chargers out there you know.

Jacaylbaro;728257 wrote:
Bilaa dab baad tahay dee sxb .....
:D

Try that on a girl and let me know ,,, lool

confused-monkey.jpg

nuune   

Women compare, this application compares women of the world, and tells you the one you will date, her features, how she looks like etc, it helped me got hooked to some Georgian & Kyrgyzstan women, not bad after all they drink faras caanihiis and kaadidii, very strong women in every sense of the word.