Sign in to follow this  
Som@li

Don't let Facebook....

Aaliyyah   

Lol there is some truth to this. Anyways, fb is a waste of time..and so are forums...i like the lady who was like u gonna do quizzes all day, like u got nothing better to do lol...yeah ppl gotta find something more worthwhile to do with their time. I agree with her! I remember when I had fb always someone would invite me to do a quiz or another (none of them really added any value to anything!)

As for relationships?? dnt know about that lol like if u are on a relationship ada og what u doing poking (I personally hated being poked on fb and most of them were not ppl I knew random guys from the groups I joined..bt then again I had a display pic so maybe thats why lol having facebook without a pic does save ur time try it..)...

anyhow, I seen friends getting pissed on each other based on what was said on fb..too much drama! I am glad I left it even though there was the good side of keeping in touch with my young cousins overseasn few uncles here and there, and to be honest I dnt see FB lasting in the next few yrs..

salaam

Som@li   

Gossip, Dramas, cheating, everything is moving now to virtual world.

It is not big deal, anyway, And do you closed your account? Was wondering where is Aliyah in my list? :D

Aaliyyah   

Why I Quit Facebook

Posted on January 25, 2011 by Randy Peterman

I realized today that Facebook was not really my problem, but as a symptom I needed to move on. We had a good fling, me and Facebook. I realized I was not blogging in part because of Twitter & Facebook. For various reasons I’m keeping Twitter active (most of them professional). I also realized I was heavily distracted throughout my time as a dad, a husband, and as a brother-in-law (since my Sister-in-law has lived with us).

I was writing comments or responses to various folks, but then deleting them so as to not offend people who I had ‘friended.’ Therein lies the rub: if someone is your friend you want to care about them, but some folks were not friends, but acquaintances and I still didn’t want their facebook experience to be marred by my interjections on the site. Here on my blog I can be forthright, opinionated, and even make mistakes, but it is in my sandbox.

I should be blogging more now and I should be my usual spouting self, but I’m going to warn folks: I may reign all of my blogs into one central blog and quit the split personalities. That’ll mean religion, beer, food, programming and so forth in one place. I may even switch away from WordPress to experiment with other platforms.

I quit facebook so I could start relating with a few people more, rather than more people just a little. I’m back and I’m going to make an effort to spin things up to crazy, silly, funny, and personal. I don’t think anyone else should leave Facebook because I did, I’m just doing this for my own focus and purposes.

Nina Fox   
One plus side for me about FB is I can keep in touch with family and know what they are doing in real-time, coz Im not a good telephonist. On the down side I dislike people I dont know adding me or sending me messages,,,,,,,iish. I had to close my first account coz it was flooded with anonymous faraxs and xalimos.