Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Bal Maxaa Sidaa u Diiday ....

Ibtisam   

Hmmmm might consider sending an SL hardcore delegation to Boston. :D

We should make a flag-less june 26 to include all, then no one is offended.

I am so against all forms of parties for any day- Somalis have nothing to celebrate- war/choas iyo party xagey iska kaalan- such waste of money and this is how we end up missing Allah's blessings.

Blessed   

The first image is quiet heartwarming to look at at it seems to say that Somalis are tolerant of their differences, Somaalis standing side by side and not taking political divisions too seriously.

I'm not sure about the second image and why people took offence to that particular man -- was it things he said? Were the people celebrating different things?

Ibts. I agree. I find Somali parties confusing to be honest, people don't seem to know the purpose or care to be honest. For example, I was so shocked and upset that the presenter of this event was apologising for the serious nature of the night and promising the people fun and heeso at the end ---

Ibti-I don't think we think we could, should or will have flag-less June 26 but I do agree with you, there's little to celebrate.

Just make sure it's not XX and his 'ethnic Somalilanders' that you send. There's hardcore and then there's out-there.

AYOUB   

Che

Maybe you're hearing things sxb, coz I can't see noise on those photos. :) I see people smiling and having fun till the officers arrived to disturb the party. But let's agree to disagree on that.

Che -Guevara;727903 wrote:
^Secessionist flag doesn't foster the June 26 spirit in the minds of southern Somalis and southerners don't support secession. It's only logical for southerners not wanting to see secessionist flag being waved at this event.

lol@minds of southern Somalis. That's laughable. They needs to get their heads checked. :D

There are shops belonging to "southerners" over here that sell that flag so I find your argument bogus. A lot of the southerners I meet these days are not as you portray when it comes to SL, but we hang in different circles I suppose.

Che -Guevara;727903 wrote:
And it's not really about Somalis beating each other into submission. It's fundamental political difference any member of any society would react to. Tell me any country that tolerate secessionist movement?

I live in a such country. The UK. If the majority of people in Northern Ireland or Scotland decide they want to break off, they can. That's how it should be.

That's argument of yours is another red herring. I've asked you several times, don't you guys claim SL is part of federal structure of TFG? So what if someone from SL comes to celebrate his Independence carrying his flag? Has the flag been made illegal? What's the problems apart from certain "minds of southern Somalis"? What is SL according to you and the people you dubbed "southern Somalis" anyway?

loooooooooool@Southerners selling Sland flags-these are business people. They provide what ever sells.

I don't recognize TFG as legitimate entity that represents Somalia and Somalis and I see Sland as secessionist province that needs brought back into fold in due time. Obviously, that's not in the cards now.

Che -Guevara;728058 wrote:
loooooooooool@Southerners selling Sland flags-these are business people. They provide what ever sells.

I don't recognize TFG as legitimate entity that represents Somalia and Somalis and I see Sland as secessionist province
that needs brought back into fold in due time.
Obviously, that's not in the cards now.

How you Koonfurians going to do that :D

AYOUB   

Che -Guevara;728058 wrote:

I don't recognize TFG as legitimate entity that represents Somalia and Somalis and I see Sland as secessionist province that needs brought back into fold in due time. Obviously, that's not in the cards now.

That means you and the rented cops are the rebels against not only the TFG, but also Obamas' dual tract policy.:) Remember, Uncle Sam and Queen Bettty partially fund the elections in SL.:) Naga daa niyow, hanaga hadalsiin.

N I thought you say you say Hargeysa was self-sufficient democracy. As long as Obama's dual track policy doesn't explicit endorse or encourage secession in the northern regions, it's something we could live. It is not ideal but you take what you can in time of upheaval. But in the meantime, the future of Xamar is more than the cities in the periphery namely Garowe and Hargeysa.

AYOUB   

Che -Guevara;728092 wrote:
N I thought you say you say Hargeysa was self-sufficient democracy.

You thought right. Why does that make it inappropriate for someone who thinks that celebrating 26th of June in your opinion? If fact I find it ironic -- if not sardonic -- to get some kick out arresting someone celebrating his liberation day. Way jidha iyo majidh weliigiin waad dhihi jidheen..... but.... 26 June cid inaga xigta majidho.:D

Che -Guevara;728092 wrote:

As long as Obama's dual track policy doesn't explicit endorse or encourage secession in the northern regions, it's something we could live. It is not ideal but you take what you can in time of upheaval.

The point I was making was; the US and the TFG do not have beef with SL flag according their official policy. Which means those coppers did not have the right to harass the gent. If I was his lawyer I'd sue them cops for bringing their "ha dhag-dhagaagin" culture to the "land of the free". :)

You and (or the folks who misled) the cops have issues. If you want to bring Somaliland in to the "fold", the battleground is back home yaa sahbi and not 26 June in MPLS.