Sign in to follow this  
OdaySomali

Remembering the Somalis massacred in Kenya... their relatives will never forget.

galbeedi   

I remember exactly were I was on that tragic in 1984. I was in wajeer or wanla weyn as a national service after high school in

the so-called Gurmad, teaching elementary school in the town. The bbc radio broadcaster explained the the destruction

clearly. After they killed as many as couple of hundred then they took about 400 men to a make shift camp and kept them

for few days. eventually they burned them alive, almost over three hundred people died in that fire. the thing I remember

most is the Somali government did not said a thing. as a young Somali nationalist that did hurt me a lot. I would not say it

was tribal or any thing like that but was shameful the revolutionary government did not raise ther voice. the only thing

I remember most is the bbc kept talking about the tragedy for days.

galbeedi;917244 wrote:
I remember exactly were I was on that tragic in 1984. I was in wajeer or wanla weyn as a national service after high school in

the so-called Gurmad, teaching elementary school in the town. The bbc radio broadcaster explained the the destruction

clearly. After they killed as many as couple of hundred then they took about 400 men to a make shift camp and kept them

for few days. eventually they burned them alive, almost over three hundred people died in that fire. the thing I remember

most is the Somali government did not said a thing. as a young Somali nationalist that did hurt me a lot. I would not say it

was tribal or any thing like that but was shameful the revolutionary government did not raise ther voice. the only thing

I remember most is the bbc kept talking about the tragedy for days.

The news to the BBC was leaked to them by a very brave Italian nun called Annalena Tonelli.

Where is that nuune who thinks he know NFD? There are parliamentary hansards, newspapers, books on Wagalla if you care to read them (which by the way I did and spent a lot of tiem at the Kenya National Archives). They did and said NOTHING. ZERO. ZILCH.

nuune   
Qansax, please care to provide what I asked for and stop jumping around, at this point, it doesn't concern me how many books or newspapers you have read, again, what I asked for is simple, let every Soler and bystander see and read it: What evidence do you have that they did NOTHING, intaas dhib mey kugu tahey, forget about everything else, and address what I am asking you, haye, we are waiting for you!!

galbeedi   

Aophis is also right thirty yeas ago Somalis in Kenya including the top leaders were puppets. it is normal for African

leaders to rush those who pose a treat. even then the long foot guys were not that powerful. the only reason some

of them get preferential treatment was that on of them , a general saved Arab Moi from military coup, in return he

was named defense minister. another important factor was the Degoodi were the principle base for the Nfd resistance

helped by the civilian government of Abdirisaaq and Aaden cadde in the sixties. many years latter both communities

were against the Kenyan occupation.

galbeedi   

another important factor is even few months ago the Kenyan forces killed and burned garisa. of course some people

in the government protested but did not help much. today it is democracy and freedom of speech which allows you

to speak up yet, it did not stop Kenyan troops from killing and burning businesses in Garrisa.

nuune;917261 wrote:
Qansax
, please care to provide what I asked for and stop jumping around, at this point, it doesn't concern me how many books or newspapers you have read, again, what I asked for is simple, let every SOLer and bystander see and read it: What evidence do you have that they did NOTHING, intaas dhib mey kugu tahey, forget about everything else, and address what I am asking you, haye, we are waiting for you!!

The evidence that they did nothing is there for those with eyes and who want to see. I have directed you to the evidence assuming you are willing to make the intellectual effort to understand what happened and why. You expect me to cut and paste Hansard records onto SOL?

Those who know the history of the NFD know these things like the Wagalla Massacre just like nursery kids can sing the wheels of the bus go round and round. It is both codified in records, official and unofficial, and more importantly in the collective memory of thousands of people, just like millions of Muslims can read the Fatiha off-head. Clearly you are not one of them.

The Somalis in power at the time "heard no evil, saw no evil". At least SOLers who might not have been familiar with the specifics have made an effort to contextualize what happened within Big Man African dictatorship and what an individual member of that government can or can not do and therefore culpable for, whereas you are not even trying....

The fact that you don't know something as Nuune doesn't me it doesn't exist. You are beginning to sound like the nomad who has never seen an Airbus 330 and thinks there is no such thing - an "I haven't seen it ipso facto it doesn't exist" argument. How lame is that! No amount of telling that reer baadiya an Airbus 330 exists will convince him...you are asking me to drag the bloody thing to his little cariish?

Go read at least 4 books on Wagalla and the history of the NFD before posting another thread.

I am not doing your homework for you buddy. Comment is free, but you need to come from an informed position, not just typing away at the keyboard because you can.

nuune   

I am sorry dear Qansax, I am reer baadiya and happy about it, but I want what I asked you to provide, car bal wakaasee aan kaa haro, you had more than 8 hours to provide me something I can chew, you failed, and you tell me I am reer baadiya, I am indeedd one BIG reer baadiye who happens to have the necessasry documenation to fly the aircraft you mentioned, that is beside the point anyway just informing you, now, I am going to kill our terrible discussion once you give me at least one simple evidence,even if it is one sentence alone, mise waan iska kaa dhaafaa I think it is better inaan iska kaa dhaafo

nuune;917352 wrote:
I am sorry dear
Qansax
, I am reer baadiya and happy about it, but I want what I asked you to provide, car bal wakaasee aan kaa haro, you had more than 8 hours to provide me something I can chew, you failed, and you tell me I am reer baadiya, I am indeedd one BIG reer baadiye who happens to have the necessasry documenation to fly the aircraft you mentioned, that is beside the point anyway just informing you, now, I am going to kill our terrible discussion once you give me at least one simple evidence,even if it is one sentence alone, mise waan iska kaa dhaafaa I think it is better inaan iska kaa dhaafo

This is a pointless discussion; at least we agree on that much. Adios, fii amaanillah.

For those who want to sit back and delve deeper into the subject matter, here is a very good account by Salah Abdi Sheikh who was orphaned by the Wagalla Massacre: http://www.scribd.com/doc/2579697/WAGALLA-MASSACRE-THE-UNTOLD-STORY

And for those wondering why I am very passionate about the subject matter, my mother is Mark-A-Bull from Wajeer (how is my abti Haatu) and although she was not a member of the Degodia clan targeted by the state, she was a first-hand witness of the events and she still gets nightmares about Wagalla...the horror of it.

And here is a song dedicated to the memory of those who lost their lives by Abdixakiim Jabarti:

Haatu   

Granted, you care about the issue, but how can you blame a whole Somali community for it? That's the nonsense part Abti ;)

Haatu;917372 wrote:
Granted, you care about the issue, but how can you blame a whole Somali community for it? That's the nonsense part Abti
;)

Abti I said there were some powerful people who did nothing...you are misquoting me. ;)

Apophis;917390 wrote:
And you proved that through several post by not posting a single credible source. Like nuune said, you tightened your own noose,

And like I said, it is a pointless discussion especially when it comes to you and Nuune. Adios. Kwaheri.