Sign in to follow this  
Ms MoOns

Dark Girls

Som@li   

Aaliyyah;723761 wrote:
lol@ maybe he was implying that your mother is a very beautiful woman....it is so cute the way u are trying to explain what he means! I mean that is exactly how she understood it LOL

lol, so what is the problem? If someone tells my son, he is more handsome than me, is that an issue? :D

Aaliyyah   

The way I understood it is that he was implying that their mother is more beautiful than them.... that they dnt match up to their mother's beauty?..I am sure they love their mother but it is still rude comment lol...it is one thing to say hoyada way quruxbadantahay it is another to say ..hoyadood ma raacin. do u see the difference!...

n if someone does say ur son is more handsome than u that would prolly be something u would be proud of ..the opposite wouldnt hold marka la dhoho sida abihi he isnt handsome lol..u get me!

salaam

Jacpher   

Dark skin vs light skin has always existed in the African American communities just like, getting good grades or speaking proper english is seem as 'acting white'. Some people are just plain ignorant about their own identity and refuse to accept their own identity. It is no different than associating black race with inferiority and whites with the devil. Plain ignorance that one has to be shamed of something they had no control over.

On a positive note, the black africans including maryooleey wey ka caafimaad qabaan cudurkaan inta badan.

The Diana users need to be stoned ! They make me sick to my stomach. How can you walk around in public with a Geisha face? What a disgrace!

some of my aunts are so obsessed with skin colour and you can totally see that they passed thier insecurities down to their children (to the extent that little girls refuse to stay out in the sun too long :mad:) kids aren't born thinking that dark=ugly. they're taught that by the people they grow up with.

also the somali nickname 'cadey' (sp?) needs to go :P

It is not neccessarily about features as such. It seems that for these people it is not about beauty as such but about who they are. Even if a women doesn't have the 'ideal features', she is still a beautiful creation of Allah swt and for people to say or for the woman herself to believe that she is less worthy than the other creation of Allah is just wrong. Like someone said before, people will put you down if you let yourself down. Beauty is subjective but humans are equal.

A_Khadar   

In the mix of all these, news surfaced from the city that most somalis populated in the USA, Minneapolis. Law enforcements and public health officials are investigating and collecting these products from some of the somali owned shops that sell these products.

<O:p</O:pHealth officials are investigating reports that these products contain high level of Mercury which may have some to do with the children autism that is very high with Somali children in MN. This is "Waxaa lalahaa"

<O:p</O:p

Color coding is getting more interesting... <O:p</O:p

Taleexi   

War nadaafada iyo clean-imada baa muhiim ah. Laqad khalaqnal insaana' fii axsani taqwiihim miyaa la bedelay tolow ... anigu ayaamahan Quraan ma akhriyine. Haddiiba Illaahay bini'aadam kaa dhigay ma fool xumid.

grasshopper;723783 wrote:
some of my aunts are so obsessed with skin colour and you can totally see that they passed thier insecurities down to their children (to the extent that little girls refuse to stay out in the sun too long :mad:) kids aren't born thinking that dark=ugly. they're taught that by the people they grow up with.

also the somali nickname 'cadey' (sp?) needs to go
:P

Cadeey, Cadaanta qalbiga waaye ee it aint the surface :) :) :)

Aaliyyah   

Laqad khalaqnal insaana' fii axsani taqwiihim miyaa la bedelay tolow ... anigu ayaamahan Quraan ma akhriyine

lol@ qurn ma akhriyine. Your honesty is refreshing. Alle hana hadeeyo..

"Surely We created man of the best stature" - That Ayah says it all and everyone is beautiful in their own way!..and at the end of the day looks are only skin deep. It is personality that lasts. Yet we are humans and we do judge each other based on looks. But, if you think someone is not good looking you dnt have to say it out loud..

salaam

A_Khadar;723882 wrote:
In the mix of all these, news surfaced from the city that most somalis populated in the USA, Minneapolis. Law enforcements and public health officials are investigating and collecting these products from some of the somali owned shops that sell these products.

<o:p</o
Health officials are investigating reports that these products contain high level of Mercury which may have some to do with the children autism that is very high with Somali children in MN. This is "Waxaa lalahaa"

<o:p</o

Color coding is getting more interesting... <o:p</o

Interesting indeed...

Ms MoOns   

Ms MoOns, nee ik had niet tegen jouw letterlijk, maar ik wou zeggen dat tegenwoordig iedereen draagt iets dat is nep. ha noqoto timo bruko ah, ciddiyo dukaanka laga soo gatay ama de kleur van je huid oo la badalo.

Oh, ik begrijp het! Heel jammer dat mensen nergens tevreden over zijn!

Btw, I didn't knew you could speak Dutch as well! Lool, cool like Aaliyyah said :D

Ms MoOns   

^You shouldn't take it literally, maybe he was implying that your mother is a very beautiful woman.

@Somali: Sweet that you're trying to justify what he said, lakin waxaan u fahmay that he was referring to the fact that I'm not as light skinned as my mum. While my little sister is. I don't reckon he was on about beauty. I just don't understand why it's necessary to point out something like that? lol ... I already know that.

kids aren't born thinking that dark=ugly. they're taught that by the people they grow up with.

@Grasshopper: I so agree with you on this. Kids can get brainwashed so easily, and instead of teaching them equality, they hear/see that skin colour is what defines beauty instead of one's features. Like that girl in the video who was telling that her mum was bragging about her to a friend and ends with ''imagine how beautiful she would be if she was only light skinned'' ... these sort of things messes up children's mind, letting them believe a false image of what they should be.