Nur

Ramadan Kareem To All

Nur   

I wrote this article two weeks before last Ramadan on Snet, a year has elapsed since, alhamdulillah that I have another year to witness Ramadaan, what a joy......

Fasting days

Worship nights

Doing a little good on earth

Caring for fellow man

Till we meet our maker

Rabbanaa taqabbal minna innaka anta la caziizul xakim.

Enjoy reading yester years writeup

Assalamu Calaykum wa raxmatullah wa barakaatuh

Sisters and Brothers

Ramadan is approaching and it is due at the end of the next two weeks.

Ramadan is a refueling station in our journey to meet our maker.

Ramadan is a period of purification of the soul

Ramadan is a time to reflect on the purpose of our creation

Ramadan serves as a wake up call for minimizing our quest to indulge in the material world.

Ramadan is like summer school, in which you have a chance to earn credits that you need to catch up with others.

Ramadan gets you close to your loved ones, teh prophet SAW and the Companions

Ramadan, awakens your sense of community service, by thinking of the plight of the poor, orphans, oppressed and the disadvantaged.

Ramadan offers the rare opportunity of the night of the POWER, in which, any good deed done that night is worth in value more than 83 years of worship. And as Allah SWT said, those who satisfy their lord, are rewarded, ( Bi Axsani alladee kaanuu yacmaluun)

Meaning, like retirement, your final salary, (which is larger than your initial salary) to calculate your benefits.

For example, you have worked 20 years in a firm, and your salary progressed from 1000 dollars a month to 6000 dollars in the last year before your retirement. Your benefits will be calculated as follows:

6000 X 20 = 120,000 Dollars

Like wise, if you ever succeed in attaining the worship in lailatul Qadr, your entire life will be multiplied by that factor. in other words:

all your prayers will be valued like the prayer you made in lailatul Qader

all your sadaqa wil be valued like Leilatul Qader

all your good deeds will be valued like leilatul Qader,

Provided, that you do that night all the good you can afford, including a ducaa for your parents, brothers and sisters in faith, and in case I reminded you a valuable lesson, a prayer for my poor soul.

Muxibbukum Fillaah

Nur

Baashi   

Provided, that you do that night all the good you can afford, including a ducaa for your parents, brothers and sisters in faith, and in case I reminded you a valuable lesson, a prayer for my poor soul.

Jazaka Allahu kheyran. Allah willing, I will make ducaa for you and other Muslims who do good deeds for the sake of Allah.

Zakariye   

s/alaykum

Nur, ty brother for reminding us ramadan, this is one of the holliest month, the month where by the quran has decented,and i hope we see so many ramadan month come and go, god help all of us , and i hope to c all of you next ramadan around, if not god bless you. so plz get ready for the month of ramdan, . i think it will be a good idea for that month to read quran and help the hungry.Good luck all of u and i can't wait the month to approach us soonly.

c/salam

Raxmah   

Thanks Br. Nur for the article, ramadaan is definitely a time for us to get closer to allah, and purify our souls. May allah give us a long life to witnesses many ramadaans to come.

Ramadaan kareem to u too Br. Nur.

Ranya   

Jazakumu Allahu Khairan Nur

I thought that was great especially the Laylatul Qadr part. It’s inspiring night. Allah is so merciful towards us, that he lets us make one night of supplication turn into more than a thousand nights:

It is narrated that four holy men, including Prophet Ayub and Prophet Zakariya, devoted themselves diligently to the worship of Allah for 80 years. When the companions of Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh) heard of this extraordinary devotion, they were full of admiration, and also sad as they would not be able to compete with them. For, the people of Ayub and Zakariya had the advantage of a long life, whereas the people of their time did not live that long. Just then angel Jibreel appeared unto the Prophet (Pbuh) and said;

“O Messenger of Allah!, Because of your companions’ admiration and amazement at the 80 years’ worship of the four holy men Allah has granted you and your followers a night better than 1000 months. He then recited the following chapter called Qadr- The night of power of honour:

“We have indeed revealed this (Message) in the night of power and what will explain to thee what the night of power is? The night of power is better than a thousand months, therein come down the angels and the spirit by God’s permission. On every errand; peace until the rise of morn.”

Isn’t that sweet (for a lack of a better term)

So during this night, all angles come down on earth from sunset till sunrise with Allah’s message:

“Is there a supplicant that I may fulfill his request? Is there a seeker of sustenance that I may grant his need? Is there a repenter that I may forgive his sins? Is there anyone in distress that I may redress him?”

Apart from the fact that Allah is seeking to forgive all our sins this night, what’s also distinctively amazing is that all the angles descend from the sky to Earth on this night and give their blessing to everyone that’s prayer that night. What’s so remarkable is that the angels were only created to worship Allah, and their job in heaven is to pray all day. So this night is so exceptional that Allah stops the angels from praying, which is all they do, and sends all of them down to Earth and its reported that the number of angles that descend to Earth during that night of Qadr is more than the number of pebbles on Earth.

It is a night when supplications are granted and immense rewards given to the faithful and sincere worshippers and the night when the decisions of following year is written, births, deaths etc and the whole world is at peace for the believers. But no one, except Allah, knows the exact moment of this night. It is a secret of Allah so that people may engage themselves in His worship in order to find it definitely in one of the nights. According to the tradition of the Holy Prophet (Pbuh), there is a great likelihood of finding this night in the last ten nights of Ramadan.

Then on the day of Eid, Allah glorifies the deeds of the believers amidst angels. He then says:

“O my angels! What is the reward of a servant who has performed his duty faithfully and honesty?” They say: “O our Lord! His reward is that he should be paid adequately.” In reply, Allah says; “O my angels! Verily my male servants and my female servants fulfilled the obligations imposed by me on them, and now they have come out of their homes in large numbers, hastening toward the mosques for Eid prayers raising their voices in supplication to Allah. “I swear by my honour, my glory, my generosity, my eminence and my dignity that I shall certainly accept their prayers.”

Allah then says to those who attend the Eid prayers;

“Return to your homes, verily I have forgiven your sins and replaced your vices with virtues”

Then the people return to their homes with their sins forgiven.”

Among the signs that show the person witnessed the Night of Qadr are:

1. To see a great, clear light during the night other than the light of the sun, the moon, or electricity;

2. To see the trees prostrating;

3. To hear the voices of angels;

4. To see the angels in their original form with two, three, four or more wings, or to see them in the shape of a human being,

Also, the way the sun rises the next morning is an indication that the previous night was the Night of Qadr. When the sun is rising its light and heat are not intense.

It is a very good sign for the person who sees the Night of Qadr and makes supplication during it. A very great goodness is hoped for this person, and, inshaallah, the supplication would be answered.

Al-Tirmidhiyy narrated from Aisha that she said:

“O Prophet of Allah, if I encounter the Night of Qadr, then what should I say?

The Prophet answered her: “Say:

“Oh Allah, You are the One who forgives a great amount and You love forgiveness, so forgive me.

May Allah bless us with seeing this great Night and making supplication in it.

LuCkY   

May Allah bless us with seeing this great Night and making supplication in it

May allah give us a long life to witnesses many ramadaans to come.

AmIIn to that and many more.

Thankz aLL for sharing...superbLy done.

Adna   

salaama calaykum wr wb

Jazaalakal kheyral jazaa brother nuur. Allah hana siiyo cimro dheer and cibaado wanaagsan. alaaha sanadkan sanadkiisa caafimaado qab cibaado wanaagsan hanaagu gaarsiiyo. love you all

Nur   

Jazaakuullahu Khairan for your Duaa and Ramadaan Kareem to:

Bashi

Zakariye

Raxmah

Ranya

MizUnique

Lucky

Modesty

Asraa

Brothers and Sisters

Alxamdulillah, we indeed have a good family on this forum, may Allah Bless people behind these screen names, I just want you to know that the more I love Allah SWT, the more I love my brothers and sisters in Islam, which leads me to make Duaa for you all whenever I am making duaa for myself.

So in the month of Ramadan I plan with Allah's help to post very beneficial topics that will require participation from your part, the more hits on these topics the more benefits that will go around and the more ajar.

Special note to Sister

RANYA

Maa Shaa a Allah Tabaarakallah

Where in icy snowy Ottawa are you? your contribution was one of the best I read on these pages about Ramadana adn Leilatul Qader, please keep up and give me a hand, you are a must, please make ducaa for me and stay connected to Allah SWT, the Sunnah and the virtual community through this medium.

Walaalkiin

Nur

Rahima   

I can't wait smile.gif . My iman is in need of a boost and inshallah as every year Ramadan will do the trick.

More than anything i can't wait for taraawiix and the night prayers at the masaajid.

Nur and fellow bretheren Ramadan Kariim and May Allah make it a beneficial one for you all.