Sign in to follow this  
Nur

Can We Have A Halaal Government In Somalia?

Nur   

S.O.S Nomad has just posted a video clip streaming from Halaltube.com. This new trend of Islamization like other Halal products such as Halal meat, Halal Banking etc ( Also known as Sharia Compliant) inspired me to pose a question to our Nomads on this site of how to establish a Halal Government in Somalia?

Does the current conditions warrant the acceptance of Haraam Government run by officials who have names such as ( Xaaraan Ku Naax) instead of insisting on a Halaal Government for Somalia?

Since any Somali Constitution states that Islam is the Official Religion of the Nation,

Shouldn't our Somali Scholars ( Culimadeenna) set Sharia Compliance Standard for any national or regional Somali government?

Like Halaal Meat which we consume, shouldn't our government be also a halaal Government?

Nur

winnie   

yes, but who/where are our scholars?

we have people today claiming to establish such a "halal government" but time and time again they go astray either through ignorance, avarice or a combination of both.

i have a question though, if we were to set up a shariah state, is there legitimacy in wanting to establish it in stages?

as in re-education first, and public huduud last?

or must it arrive all in one shot?

Nur   

Shaken and Deterred

You ask:

"i have a question though, if we were to set up a shariah state, is there legitimacy in wanting to establish it in stages?"

Yes indeed, there is a very strong legitimacy for that strategy, Rome was not built in a day, that is simply a strategy after we as a nation have agreed in PRINCIPLE to make Sharia the law of the land in Somalia. The problem lies not in the strategy, but in the objective, if the final Objective is the implementation of Sharia, gradual implementation is not only a good strategy, its also Sharia compliant as we can not enforce a law that the common man on the street is not aware of, nor before the government has set up an awareness campaign for the public, nor before the government removed drivers for crime such as stark poverty. At the time of the Caliphate, no thief was amputated during famine. There is an ample room to accomodate all of the concerns that many Somalis have if only they accept the final Objective that we should serve Allah alone, and not His adversaries.

Nur

Shaken and deterred am glad you asked that question for i have also been asking myself the same question the other day.

But for the sake of clarity we ought to first understand what it is the government we wish for ourselves is going to do for us and never forget that a government cannot do everything for a nation.

We have to separate what it is the people should for themselves becuase they have decided that it is something that they vallue allot and would like to have it maybe even at some distress. After all my opinion is that even if we were say a wash with natural resources from which we could all live comfortably for the rest of time, we must learn to do things for ourselves and also for our environment. This simply means we must learn to work and contribute something rather than just live off what our land can provide.

So our government is not then going to be the provider of livelihood and everybody else then be left utterly dependent on it but the other way around which is that each will have to contribute to pay for the functions of the government. This will not only force the government to be accountable to its citizens thereby making it efficient but it will also empower the people knowing that they own this government.

Since the government will then be a tool of the people, the vallues it will uphold will have to come from the people themselves.

Our religious communities will have thier work cut out and it wont be to force compliance but work form the bottom up and do the hard work, just like the prophets used to do-and that it to educate the people and call them to the ways of ALLAH. Teach mums and dads the Islamic way of bringing up children, help in organising an educational system that is in sync with our islamic vallues and so on.

If they do their work properly those who will end up as governers will have to listen to a population that knows what it wants and are not shy to ask for it.

I cannot say for sure that in the end our government will be islamic but if you believe as i do that those who follow islam properly will be better placed to succeed in life than the others, assuming here that the laws are just and applied consistently, then there is higher probabilitty that we will in the end have all forces alligned for the establishment of an islamic state.