Sign in to follow this  
Xeefow

Ban Ki-Moon appoints Somali Lady from NFD as deputy executive director of the UNEP (Amina Mohamed)

Ibtisam   
She is not from the NFD she is actually Isa*aq, nevertheless I'm sure she would do her best for all Somalis and Kenyans, after all this is what she has worked tireless for and has been elected to continue doing.

*Ibtisam;719690 wrote:
She is not from the NFD
she is actually Isa*aq, nevertheless I'm sure she would do her best for all Somalis and Kenyans, after all this is what she has worked tireless for and has been elected to continue doing.

FYI - Many tribes inhabit the Northern Frontier District. This coincidently still makes her from NFD.

ps. no one implied her tribe.

Ibtisam   

:D By that I mean she traces her roots directly to the North [her family left the North to Kenya]. So SHE is not from the NFD.

Her clan was implied as posters made it her responsibility to resolve /or/ and mock the inhabitants of a particular area. She is more Kenyan than anything else.

P.s. NFD ciida deegta anigu maan sheegin,

Leezu   

Yea I said "If Somalis built Somalia, why cant they destroy it aswell?" I mean that they did destroy many parts of Mogadishu but it has not been destroyed by Somalis alone, also by Ethiopians 2006, USA 1993, and now recently by Jareer Uganda/Burundi soldiers and Al Shabaab foreigners and Somalis. So I mean that Mogadishu has not been destroyed by Somalis alone but by other foreign players.

Xeefow   

*Ibtisam;719690 wrote:
She is not from the NFD
she is actually Isa*aq, nevertheless I'm sure she would do her best for all Somalis and Kenyans, after all this is what she has worked tireless for and has been elected to continue doing.

Amina Mohamed, is a Somali from NFD. I did not mention her clan, and I will not mention her clan. I just mention NFD because I would rather put the Somali area (NFD) in the limelight rather than just mention her to be from Kenya. Once again she is from the NFD area of Kenya. Her clan is irrelevant and we shouldn't randomly throw clan names into this thread. (Your ruining this inspirational thread).

N.B Can the rest of the member's please refrain from Clan names or Tribal disscusion on this thread PLEASE.

Malika   

^Indeed. She is an inspiration - kudos to her!! - Masha'allah.

*Just shoved her down my daughter's throat.:D, ofcourse in a positive tone..

Good luck with that Xeefow, You are dealing with someone who was raised in the West and can barely speak Somali yet she is the most tribalist individual in this form. Ibtisaam and Xaaji xunguf isku xishooda.

Ducaysane;719765 wrote:
Good luck with that Xeefow, You are dealing with someone who was raised in the West and can barely speak Somali yet she is the most tribalist individual in this form. Ibtisaam and Xaaji xunguf isku xishooda.

I have been observing from the sidelines for a while and I'd say that there are a looooooooot of 'tribalist', if that is even a word, people here, particularly in the POLITICS section. Ibtisam would have to go a bit further to be tribalist #01 and overtake several people hehe

Chimera   

Leezu;719513 wrote:
Why are you mad that Somalis built Mogadishu?

He's a ultra-qabiilist, he does not see Mogadishu as a "Somali Capital" but the city of a specific clan, hence he will try to attribute anything great about it to a foreign source. There are forums like S-net where you can see his real hatred, but his modus operandi on this forum is more "passive-aggressive", because anything direct is not tolerated. What the Italians built is trivial, infact they ruined important places like the ancient Fakr Ud Din Mosque, and this wasn't rectified until after independence.

The trivial things they built, you've already mentioned(the Arch, the binocules, some neo-classical government facilities) etc, the most important things however such as:

- The National library was built by Somalis

- The Somali National Theatre was built under a Somali administration

- The new deepsea Port was built under a Somali administration

- The sprawling residential neighbourhoods were established under a Somali administration

- The largest stadium in the country was built under a Somali administration

- The most iconic hotels and resorts in the country like the Al-Uruba Hotel were built by Somalis

- Hundreds of miles of road and streets were paved and established under a Somali administration.

- The Old Port City was established and sustained for a millenium by successive Somali city-states, kingdoms and empires:

25qycxs.jpg

scan100025050.jpg?w=1024

(this pre-Italian illustration only covers a quarter of the entire city)

Ofcourse he will deny historic evidence and rather resort to revisionism because his black heart is clearly "anti-Somali". His loyalty is with a clan, and its chieftain, not a people or their country.

As for the Mogadishu-Nairobi comparison, in the future a regenerated Somali Capital can easily reclaim its crown as the most beautiful major city in East Africa, this combined with many other beautiful revitalised Somali cities like Kismayu, Garowe, Bosaso, Merka, Barawa, Galcaio, Burco, Hargeisa, Berbera and you will be witness to the rise of the Somali Phoenix. When that happens, watch how fast all the anti-Somalists from all corners of Somaliwayn start waving the blue flag. ;)

Two examples of Somali beauty that can't be compared to dumb glass towers - dubbed skyscrapers - that are only half-full and eating up all the much needed electricity:

Mogadishu_waterfront.jpg

2gweuxg.jpg

Ibtisam   

^^Beautiful pictures!!!!!

:D :D looool Xeefow, maxaad ugu khasbi? She is Not from the NFD, miis you think ALL Somalis in Kenya are from the NFD. If it makes you any less proud of her achievements then say so, but ha ku khasbiin wax aney ahiin. By shoving NFD down her throat you are marginalizing her. She would probably have more impact as a Somali Kenyan, particularly with the new anti Somali/refugee legislation in Kenya and all the other problems. NFD limelight limits her work and what she aims to achieve.

Saleex, I know, the sujui side of my relatives bey wax iisu yihin.

Habarsanow, go back to chasing your bold inabtiis, ha igu so diciin.