Sign in to follow this  
NinBrown

Is it Ignorane or Anti-Islamic some of the views on SOL?

NinBrown   

Salama Calaykum

Brothers and sisters this question bothers me a lot. Whilst browsing SOL, one finds comments and views taken by some members to be wholey anti-Islamic...so are these comments upon ignorance of our great religion or anti-islamic.

If find that many people have westernised their views and what is worse is that they think like the kufaars of the west..so i also ask my who is worse..the fool or the fool who followed the fool.

Next time you read comments please view them...

Would value many opinions..including NUR, Sphist, ENT and many others..

This not meant to attack any 1

Wassalam

Bachelor   

Ninka!

I am a bit confused so here i am asking you to clarify few point for me if you would. In order to validate your argument, you should be supporting your point with evidance, where did you see the "western or Kufaar idology" in this forum and by whom. Also, what have you done to correct it?

Coloow   

Nino-brown

an interesting observation! In terms of Gaalo inspired topics on discussion forums on the internet, I think SOL, deserves an "elogue". I have been a regular on somalinet and that place is home to satanists who disguise as somalis... but are in actual effect gaalo evangelists.

In regards to your question, I would say it is a combination of the two factors that you mentioned above.

Firstly, somalis are more than ever exposed to the media bruises that we have witnessed during the last few decades. There appears to be an air of propagandism on the islamic faith- and if the bearer of the islamic faith is not strong enough to absorp, diffuse and digest the information that we are exposed to, certainly he/she falls a prey to the message.

Westernisation is latent in its initial phase but becomes an active virus on the stranger who buys all the crap without a critical brain.

Secondly, ignorance does play a paramount role too. many of us (including me) are very ignorant when it comes to adopting a strategy to relay a message... we do not however use the western phrase of "I don't know".. Instead, we try to explain matters that we don't know...not from a layman perspective, but we adopt an all knower attitude.,,,

I have to rush............ to be continued insha allah

many of us (including me) are very ignorant when it comes to adopting a strategy to relay a message... we do not however use the western phrase of "I don't know".. Instead, we try to explain matters that we don't know...not from a layman perspective, but we adopt an all knower attitude.,,,

Indeed :rolleyes: , but that doesnt really explain some of the responses that i have seen either, and really i dont think one needs to go to the lenght og identifying A B or C, the have been quite a few.

Brown,

Could you pls elaborate more on what you think is ignorance or anti-islamic?

Or is it that anyone who does not have your thinking pattern an anti-islamic fanatic?

and why is it that you only ask for certain peoples opinions on the matter?

NinBrown   

salaama calaykum

First of all iam not here to point fingures or name names..what i had noticed had been a general trend.

Bachelor..iam not here often but when i see i try to put the correct poit of view within that topic.

Entr..i think you hit the nail on the head..many ppl r presented with information and they as u say dont handle it with critcal head and fall prey to their message.

Opinionated...there r no opinions on the fundemental issues of islam....its a way of life set by the Quran ans the sunnah....and i said many opinions..including the mentioned names, so evry1 ones contribution is valued bro.

AYOUB   

I have to agree with Nino, some of the articles posted in here need clarifications. I don't mean to put Etrepreneur on the spot, but these two comments spring to mind

posted 18 June

Bro/Sis the word "ugly" is a relative word..depends on what you mean by ugly...To be honest I find the arabic names and to a certain extent the so called muslim names "very ugly" but that is my judgement.

posted 22 June, 2003

Brother Kheyr. A good topic. I want to come back to this issue later on in the week because I have to rush. But I would agree with you. From my experience, the more I study the more sceptical I become of the words of Allah ( have to admit it). I think university education, in particular post graduate courses and onwards give you the ability to question things including religious arguments. I have found myself repenting every hour due to my thoughts.

Insha allah waan ku soo noqonayaa mowduucaan.

There are other comments sometimes posted in the 'intellectual social debate' part of SOL that that I think fall into category Nino's question/topic.

Rokko   

Nino, are ya talking about that Hijab thread?

I think it was more of an ignorance than actual hostility towards Islam na'mean. Some people don't even know the importance of the Hadith na'mean.

Originally posted by Nino_Brown:

salaama calaykum

First of all iam not here to point fingures or name names..what i had noticed had been a general trend.

Bachelor..iam not here often but when i see i try to put the correct poit of view within that topic.

Entr..i think you hit the nail on the head..many ppl r presented with information and they as u say dont handle it with critcal head and fall prey to their message.

Opinionated...there r no opinions on the fundemental issues of islam....its a way of life set by the Quran ans the sunnah....and i said many opinions..including the mentioned names, so evry1 ones contribution is valued bro.

Sure you can have opinions on certain rulings when it comes to interpretations...just look at the 4 scholars!