Sign in to follow this  
Nur

Just doin it aint enough!

Nur   

B_Analyst

That was a great video, Jazakallahu Kheiran. Our Prayers is the key To Jannah, I like the Sheikhs passion, MaashAllah.

Nur

Nur   

Nomads

Today the following description of the believers ( Muminoon) got my attention:

"those who secure their prayers" ( YUXAAFIDOON)

How do you secure your prayers?

1. Before Prayers

2. During Prayers

3 After Prayers

The way to secure our prayers before prayer is:

A. Setting the Calandar and reminder ( Salat Watch)

B. Ample time for wuduu and Sunnah ( Warm up)

C. Proper Niyah and Spiritual rediness to meet Allah.

The way to secure prayers DURING prayers:

A. IKHLAAS NIYAH ( PureIntention for Allah alone, no show off)

B. Focus

C. Khushuuc

D. Proper execution of movements and prayers

The Way to Secure prayers after finishing:

A. Looking back at what you have missed or your mistakes

B. Looking Forward in securing that prayer by:

1. Not doing injustice to others

2. Not speaking ill of others

3. Not boasting about it ( Riyaa)

Nur

Nur   

As I made Salat yesterday, I stopped and reflected on Al Faatiha, the words " Iyaaka Nacbudu, wa iyaaka nastaciin" caught my attention, I repeated these verses several times, every time I read, I find a seamless connection between the verses that most tafaaseer do not highlight, here is a snapshot of my mental journey.

The mainstream tafseers of Quraan usually explain this Surah as disconnected verses, but if we focus on these verses closely, we discover that they are all connected.

We repeat the following verses 17 times a day:

" Iyaaka nacbudu, wa iyaaka nastaciin" Thee alone we worship, and from thee alone we seek help"

They do not move us as desired because, we don't digest them as they were meant to be. Here is how they settle in our hearts:

The disconnected tafseer.

"We worship you alone, and we seek help from you alone. Guide us to a path that is straight. the path of those you have favored

For these verses to make the difference they were meant to make in the Arabic language, they need to be connected to deliver the full meaning, hence the actions.

Now here is the seamlessly connected tafseer.

" O Allah, we worship you alone, as a constant means to seek help from you for all of our needs which you alone are capable in providing(because if we don't seek help from you alone, we are assured not to get it ), foremost of which is our need for guidance to follow the right path that will connect our efforts in this life to your pleasure in the next life, the path taken by those you have shown your generous favors, such as the Prophets, the Sidiques ( Like the Disciples of Jesus and Abu Bakar), the Martyrs, and the pious men and women, NOT the path taken by those who chose to disobey you with full knowledge of their actions, hence earning your anger, nor those who lost the path due to ignorance

That first part of this daily prayers clearly sets the tone of what should we focus on in our prayers, which is to seek the path of the Prophets, Martyrs and the pious men and women who lived throughout history, like Abraham, Moses, Jesus, Muhammad . The second part of the Al Fatiha includes a disclaimer, that we seek not to take the path of those nations before us who lost the way.

If we pray while keeping the above meaning in our minds, what course of action should we take in our daily lives?

Socially?

Politically?

And of course, economically?

Nur

Nur   

Nomads

A good measure of our faith is how much of what we know is reflected in our beliefs, and in turn, how much of our beliefs we translate to an actionable habit that stays with us forever until we meet Allah SWT.

Early Dusk prayers, Fajr Prayer, among many other measurable performances, is such a good criteria of our devotion to Allah SWT.

Devotion to Allah does not come easily.

First: We need to KNOW Allah SWT very well, (To Know Allah SWT, is to Love Him)

Second: We need to know what Allah values in people most.

Third: We need to align our priorities with those Allah SWT told us in Quraan and through the teachings of His Messenger Muhammad SAWS, so that our daily to-do-list reflects the order of importance that Allah values in our actions both inwardly niyah and ikhlaas and outwardly actions.

Our earthly day begins at Dusk. The day break is a special time in many ways, for me, its everything, if I miss my Fajr prayer in Jamaacah, it usually turns out to be a miserable day on all perspectives, spiritually, mentally, emotionally.

Because, there is a lots of Barakah in getting up for fajr prayers, and if we miss the prayers in Jamaacah, we miss out on the following areas too:

1. We miss the equivalent hasanaat Credit of nightly Qiyaamul Leil prayers.

2. We miss Allah's Protection fi dhimmatillah for that whole day.

3. We miss the Complete Wholesome Enlightenment (Atmim lanaa Nuuranaa) of our path in the day of judgment, which we earn by walking in the darkness of Dusk to pray at the Masjid in Jamaacah.

4. We miss the opportunity to be classified in the category of those who pray ( Al Bardayn) , Fajr and Asr in Jamaaca, who are protected from Jahannam, and are promised Jannah. The bardayn, are two periods in which the angels on our shoulders who record our actions (Not Homeland Security) change shifts. Allah asks the relieved angels "How did you leave my servants?" the angels will respond, " O Allah, we left them in Fajr Prayers".

5. We miss to claim our share/allotment of the distributed Rizq ( Wealth, Health, Happiness, Offspring etc.) because short term Rizq is distributed at day break. Also Barakah is not assigned to all of our efforts in that day, because the Messenger of Allah SAWS said ( O Allah, Baarik li ummaatii fii bukuurihaa) Barakah is a factor that makes everything better, right and plentiful.

6. We can miss the opportunity to pray the two valuable Sunnah Rakcats before the Fajr Prayers. The Prophet SAWS said that they are better in value than life on earth and all of its contents. If that is the value of the Sunnah prayer of Fajr, just can you guess how much value we lose by missing Fajr Prayer?

7. We also miss the file uploading ceremony of our deeds, Fajr and Asr Prayers, so if we are sleeping when we were supposed to be uploading our daily deeds files, how can we ever win?

8. After praying Fajr prayers in Jamaacha, if we sit in the same spot and make dhiker until sunrise, then pray two or four Rakcah, we get the Ajar of a complete HAJJ and UMRAH, ( Taammah, Taammah, Taammah) meaning; Complete,Complete, complete.

9. Now, after we have performed Hajj and Umrah pilgrimmage, if you are like me, you'd put on your running gear and hit the tracks for your daily run to supplement the spiritual "high" with a mental and physical "high" with a heavy dose of soothing Endorphin drug( aka runners high ).

10. At the end, you come home and quench your thirst with a liter of fresh water, take a shower, drink an Aroma filled Somali Tea with your breakfast, then seek Allah's Rizq and Barakah.

Nur

Nur   

Breaking News!

TERRORIST GROUPS IN THE MASJIDS ( MOSQUES)

Latest news reports are that five terrorist cell groups have been operating in many of our masjidS. They have been identified as: Bin Gossipin', Bin Arguin', Bin Fightin', Bin Complainin', and Bin Missin'.

Their leader, Iblis Bin Shaitan, trained these groups to destroy the muslim community. The plan is to enter the masjid disguised as Muslims and to work from within to discourage, disrupt, and destroy.

However, there have been reports of a sixth group. A tiny cell known by the name Bin Prayin' is actually the only effective counter terrorism force in the masjid. Unlike other terrorist cells, the Bin Prayin' team does not blend in with whoever and whatever comes along.

Bin Prayin' does whatever is needed to uplift and encourage the muslim community. We have noticed that the Bin Prayin' cell group has different characteristics than the others. They have Bin Workin', Bin Studyin', Bin Fastin', Bin Givin' and Bin Patiently Perseverin' in the cause of Allah!

Author: Unknown

Malika   

^Indeed,nice!

Worth a bump.

Sheikh Nur, hanagaa daliin. Keep erm coming walaal.

May Allah reward you for all you do here - every now and then I go read such a thread,they are great reminders, and tools of learning. Marka walaal hanagaa daliin, even we dont comment that much in here,we[some of us] sure do read and take heed to all you teach.

Honesita   

Assalaamu alaykum,

Another answer for the question of how to attain and maintain khushuuc insha Allah... We need to observe our lives, if we are living a life that is heedless of Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala and full of disobedience, then how then do we expect to connect with Him the 4 minutes we stand in Salah? If I'm out backbiting, cheating and lying, then I will definitely not have khushuuc in my Salah.. However, if my life is generally one that brings me closer to Allah, then I'll find the sweetness of khushuuc bi idhni Allah... Our Salah in Ramadan is definitely not like our salah in other times... our salah in the masjid, in jama'a, or after reading Quran is definitely not like the one you do in 5 minutes while hanging out at the mall... Listen to a lecture on halaltube.com by Abdulnasir Jangda called Khushu' in Focus... I found it very beneficial...

Fi Amaani'Laah