Sign in to follow this  
Armstrong

Why are there not enough people contributing to the Islamic Forum ?

Salamu Alaikum,

Hey so called nomad men and women why don't you contribute more to the Islamic forum ?

Why do the majority of the people in the forums bla bla about other topics and there is hardly any people contributing or posting Islamic topics ? It seems the most popular talk is either about women or sex. Don't get me wrong, I know that most of us are young and well these things like women and sex are in our minds more often that not ! redface.gif I am probably the most that thinks of this :eek: (women I mean !) ;) but I am engaged in a difficult Jihad against myself. For sure people we have to re-think about our purpose in life. Is our purpose in life sex and women ? or is it to adhere to Islam ?

Please help me I am baffled :confused:

Check out the stats for yourself:-

1. Camel Milk Debate = 1003 posts

2. Women = 3025 posts

3. Islam = 593 posts

4. Teens = 802 posts

5. Jokes = 870 posts

6. General = 8032 posts

7. Poetry = 1186

8. Sports = 377

9. Somaliland = 503

10. Tech Talk = 11

Come on people just look at where our interests lie in. Wake up and smell the coffee it is time we did more for our religion because it is the only thing that can safe guard us from a tormentful day and grants us Jannah and peace of mind.

Where are the Mujahids at ?

Well Mujahid, most of us are not very well versed in the Quran and Diin in general so we'd look pretty stupid trying to talk about it.

I do read the articles sometimes....but dont contribute...I'm still in the learning process and not in a position to answer any1's Q's or engage in discussions.

Religious topics being very sensitive, I wouldnt wanna say the wrong stuff.....I could have my head blown away by our resident sheikhs who are not so patient.

Ahlaan   

Asalaamu Caleykum Waraxmatullaahi Wabarakaatuh!!!

I asked myself this very question the FIRST DAY I came to this forum and realized that people are just as far from being in touch with religion. They don't wanna feel uncomfortable, they don't wanna have to question themselves, or be questioned of something they know. It seems easier when u don't know that something is Xaraam. Basically NO ONE wants the GUILT of reality.

I posted something a while back and got 1 response! Very encouraging huh?

PEACE!!!

Deeq A.   

Good question mujahid.

We have tried our best to encourage others but it didn't work out. Kowneyn and Yussufaddie used to contribute alot, but I think Yussufaddie is gone to Asia and Kowneyn gave up.

The thing with the Islamic forum is that most nomads don't want to give opinions on issues relating to Islam because it is not the Islamic ADAAB to do so if you aren't CAALIM (muslim scholar).

One way of by-passing this obstacle is to have nomads posting interesting, educational articles from other Islamic sites for reading/educational purposes only. Nomads will start asking question about these articles and that usually starts the discussion.

asalamu calykum

i understand what u r saying mujahid, i thought the same thing too, but i also understand what Athena is saying i mean i wouldn't wanna be comming here and writting about things i have no clue about.

may allah guide us all to right path

ameen ameen ameen

Buubto   

Asalaamu Aleykum Wr Wb

Mujahid

Mansha Allah thanx that is good question & wake up call as well. I come here more often not posting topics or anything just reading the posters & if I have any comment I do so. I did ask myself that question more often, but what can u do if there is not enough people who want to contribute the side. Like admin said the only way Islam section will dominate other forum sections is if others ask questions, exchange each others knowledge & opinions in that way is win win situation. We could learn something rather than just killing our time other forum sections. And maybe this could be a good idea if we had a caalim or sheikh that visits this side who might educate us in certain topics or we might ask him question. That would have being the only way to get this section moving. Allahu yaclam. That is my 2 cents.

Rahima   

Asalaamu Calaykum Wr Wb,

Mujahid you've just asked the million-dollar question. It is a real shame that the situations is so, but remember the blessed prophet Muhammed (S.A.W) said Islam began as something strange and would return as something strange. Sadaqa Rasuallah, you see brother people especially the young view Islam as something strange to them. They believe in it, but don't discuss it.

Athena and Xamdiya, sisters your reasons for not posting are very admirable for the salaf-us-saalahiin (rightly guided predecessors) never spoke about anything in Islam which they had no knowledge of. But with this is also a great lesson for us all, maybe it’s about time we learnt more about religion, maybe then we could contribute more to such discussions. Even if we can't add anything, maybe we can question what we do not know in the hope we would get an answer.

Samafal   

SALAAMU ALAIKUM,

Good quastion i must say........ i asked myself same quastion when ever i got here. We could been posting as the admin suggested from other islamic websites which is written by some people who know better. i myself , i dont know that much but i always try not to hide what i do know, which is something we here need to practice. I mean all of us here know something about the religion so why dont we start passing over? prophet mohamed (saw) once said ''baliquu canii walaw aayah'' ''pass from me to others even if it is one verse of the kuran'' . May allah guide us to tue path AMIN.

w/salaamu alaikum

Taqwa   

I'll confess for a moment. I like discussing Islamic topics with people that have great knowledge and so that I can learn something from them. But when you discuss Islamic topics with people that have limited knowledge, then your in for an argument, rather then receiving knowledge. Thats why I don't contribute or bother to post anything useful. Thats me or else I'll get bored. If some of you have something to contribute, by all means, do so. There is no law that state's you can't have a say in this section of ISLAM.

P.S. Its all a mattter of choice.

Salamu Alaikum,

I still strongly perceive more participation can be achieved in the Islamic forum by posting interesting and heart-moving articles.