Sign in to follow this  
Somalina

Photographer's girlfriend pays loving tribute to her 'Timinator'

Axmed-InaJaad;713775 wrote:
waryaa iga xishood, i did not subscribe to playboy, ma waalantahay? i get it for free on the internet.

Ma anaan garan ,,,,,,,,, :D

Mohammed   

Chimera;714041 wrote:
You don't honestly believe that do you
Jacpher
? There are around 500 000 + innocent Somalis burried in the ground and the oceans. That alone shows you that the true essence of our religion has been relegated to a secondary or a tertiary position by Somalis plenty of times and this continues to be the same today. Had the previous generation observed their ancestors' religion and kept the country together, talented individuals like Idil would be working for the
Somali Film Agency
in Mogadishu, where the likelyhood of her ending up with a Somali would be 99.9%.

However she like many of us was forced to scatter around the world and now we intermingle with hundreds of different ethnic groups and nationalities. Why be surprised that relationships will form between Somalis and these ethnic groups? There are Somali guys who are dating women that have Buddhist and Hindu backgrounds; religions they continue to observe. Does this surprise me? Not really, these guys either grew up in Indian dominated communities, or are into things like Martial arts.

I don't see the point in badmouthing these individuals when they have not committed a single crime on a fellow human being. Everything else is between them and Allah swt, and nobody else! Similarly
Idil has not committed a single crime
, to see her being badmouthed like that is hypocritical, when that same individual was praising
actual criminals
on a different topic, hence my anger.

Idil is a great asset for our often misrepresented and demonised community, for she has the passion and knowledge to provide a voice for Somali-diasporans, a void the likes of Axmed, Rampage and Alpha-blondy will never fill, as they are too consumed with "who's dating who" or "revoking the Somaliness card" than trying to uplift our people.

displaced-1-cedar-riverside-mural_t.jpgdisplaced-2-women_t.jpgdisplaced-3-boys-running_t.jpgdisplaced-4-young-girls_t.jpg

DISPLACED (Working Title): In Production

<!--

somalisota1.gif

-->

BTW: girlfriend/boyfriend relationships were common in prewar Somalia, and very much part of what could be considered in hindsight as young Somali Urban culture, so the culture you're referring to is not monolithic.

Correct, but she has probably comitted a major sin and was planning to commit a major sin with this non muslim man.

The reason why people are criticising her is because she was in a haram relationship.

Oh and as much as I like your thread in the other section, don't talk rubbish. It wasn't common to have a boyfriend/girlfriend relationships before the war broke out.

Mohammed;714078 wrote:

The reason why people are criticising her is because she was in a haram relationship.

:D:D:D .......................

So there is Halal one ?? :D

gooni;714046 wrote:
abu hilowlow waxaan islahaa dadka ilbaxnimadu la tagtay kuma jirtid!! ma waxaad ku talin lahayd dadku xor ha noqdo:D

ka waran haddaan diidno inaan ka istaagno nalka cas oo gawaarida loogu tala galay markay wadada socoto? sow xor ma tihid maku socon karnaa?

hadaad taas yeeshay ha diidin tii alle, tan kale masayrku aadanaha oo dhan waa ku jiraa mar laga reebo inta doofaarka cunta

Dee iyada ay uu taala, free desire ayeey bani aadumku heystaan, qaar diintooda ay ku adagyihiin qaarna waa unbelieving, anigu kaliya waxaan dhahay waxey doonto ha sameeyso iyada ay uu taala. tan kale tii alle inaan diiday miyaan dhahay?

Taqwa   

Salam,

Dadka qaar baan jawaab oo mudneyn! Especially the defenders of Gaal Raac!

Idil is what I call garbage. Maybe most of us won’t say it but when you see something like that, it's truly despicable. To top it off we have a Nomad who is trying to convince us that our ancestors (Mothers and Fathers) used to date once upon a time in Somalia before the turmoil’s of war. Walaal I don’t know about your mother and father lakiin my parents where setup and I'm 100% Halaal. I don’t care if you defend this garbage but don’t try to take everyone's parents and put them into one POT and hope no one replies about it. Since you’re having trouble trying to conceive the crimes of Idil, I would be more then happy to list them for you. I might not have seen them with my eyes but I could come up with possible scenarios. As for the likes of Raage Omar and Mo Farah, well if the women are Christians or women of the books (Jews or Christians) then Islamically it’s Halaal for them. No one really cares what she has done or is going to do it but spare us the nonsense you put forth about our Ancestors.

Complete   

Vans;713940 wrote:
I'm sure darn well none of us here know Tim or Idil on a personal level to be throwing around assumptions about their faith and relationship so it's best we keep our unwanted calumny and libel to ourselves. Just sayin'
:D

May I reiterate :D. For all we know they are both non-Muslims or better yet Muslims. Who knows? So why bother with waxaad waxba ka aqoon.

Chimera   

The only reason people - excluding Taleexi/BOB/Jacpher - are criticizing her is because the guy she was with was a non-Somali. If this was a female English reporter dating a non-muslim Somali guy, there wouldn't have been any criticism, for there are many Somali men like that who face no flack whatsoever. The religious aspect is just a convenient stick - certain misygonists I won't name - use to beat Idil with. Nothing is known of the couple or their religious orientation, but just the fact that she is Somali and he is not equals in their mind "believer & infidel".

Secondly, to the gullible members who believe prewar Somalia was just a place of pious scholars and their followers would certainly die of a cardiac arrest, if ever a timemachine is constructed and they are transported back to prewar Somalia's many beaches, night-clubs and discos. The latter ones were situated in the basements of the major Hotels, full of Somali men wearing Disco Flight Pants and blouses and Somali women with mini-skirts, dancing to Somali and Western music. Teenagers read magazines with stories such as Qawdhan & Qoran, Elmi iyo Hodan and novels such as Aqoondarro Waa U Neceyb Jacayl, all about immortalised Somali lovers. Not to forget naughty plays like Shabeelnagood showcased in the modern Somali National Theatre. To even claim that this widly deseminated popular literature had no influence on young Somalis back then is to be absolutely ignorant of Old Somalia.

You guys are imposing your own modern conservative mindset on a Somalia that rightfully saw itself as a cosmopolitan powerhouse in Africa, with a miracle economy and a people with a severe superiority complex because they were more educated than most countries in the world, and extremely confident in their own strength as a nation because of their gigantic military. It was absolutely normal for high-ranking decadent Somali judges, politicians and military men from across the country to visit brothels in the Capital back then.

In fact according to my Uncle, before the 77' war, he used to hear of Somali soldiers and marines chasing Soviet girls stationed in Berbera, Mogadishu and Kismayu, during their time of leave, as if they were best thing since sliced bread. Face it my friend, it was Somali Hedonists galore. Why do you think all those good-hearted sheikhs were complaining, and ended up eventually being executed?(may they rest in peace) Oh yeah Somalia was being ruled by a regime employing an atheistic system that organised plenty of open-air parties in the Central Square. If your mom or dad lived in prewar Mogadishu, then my brothers do take a look in their closets and cupboards for there might be a few skeletons in there lol.

I certainly did while doing research about prewar Somalia for a WIP novel, but there was nothing interesting about my parents. A lovely country-bumpkin married a shy Police-officer, hitched together by my maternal and paternal grandparents who were longterm friends.

Taqwa;714185 wrote:
Salam,

Idil is what I call garbage. Maybe most of us won’t say it but when you see something like that, it's truly despicable. To top it off we have a Nomad who is trying to convince us that our ancestors (Mothers and Fathers) used to date once upon a time in Somalia before the turmoil’s of war. Walaal I don’t know about your mother and father lakiin my parents where setup and I'm 100% Halaal. I don’t care if you defend this garbage but don’t try to take everyone's parents and put them into one POT and hope no one replies about it. Since you’re having trouble trying to conceive the crimes of Idil, I would be more then happy to list them for you. I might not have seen them with my eyes but I could come up with possible scenarios. As for the likes of Raage Omar and Mo Farah, well if the women are Christians or women of the books (Jews or Christians) then Islamically it’s Halaal for them. No one really cares what she has done or is going to do it but spare us the nonsense you put forth about our Ancestors.

rageedi. well said

Chimera is a victim of western feminization, miskiinka didnt have a chance.

RaMpAgE   

Taqwa;714185 wrote:
Salam,

Bravo.

Next minute he will tell us illicit intercourse is Halal, because he heard some guy in the back streets on Xamar, use to do it. Cawaanimo

RaMpAgE;714223 wrote:
Bravo.

Next minute he will tell us illicit intercourse is Halal, because he heard some guy in the back streets of Xamar, use to do it. Cawaanimo

:D:D

Chimera   

How cute, Sheikh Axmed the fanatic Playboy subscriber & Rampage the badmouther of Somali Nomads uniting in their opposition to me, yet fail to provide anything that counters my very truthful reply to Taqwa, who seems to have a very fantastic image of Old Somalia that in his mind completely followed the Sunnah and Qur'an. They pretend to be bastions of "real Somaliness" yet know nothing of their own country's recent history.

The twisting of someone's words still viewable to all, is probably the biggest insult to a person's intelligence.

My reply: I exposed the double-standards and real reason behind the anger here.

Result: Insinuations galore that I'm being politically correct, a sissy and even greenlighting such marriages.

My reply: I explain why interracial marriages happen in life and the circumstances behind them.

Result: I'm accussed of calling 98.5%(including myself) untalented and therefore must be a self-hater and screwed up.

My reply: I counter the claim that there was no Somali girlfriend/boyfriend sub-culture in Old Somalia with info that is easily available in a myriad of books, or simply having conversations with the old-timers that lived there.

Result: someone replies with a non-sequitar that I'm now calling this sub-culture Halal.

What kind of retarded illogical system is being employed here? If your angry with my posts please stay clear from Somali history for you could find things there you might not like. However if you think you can misrepresent my words, you'll end up deceiving yourself.

Fact is; 9 out of 10 times a Somali guy becomes hurt when he sees a Qalanjo with an Ajanabi is because that guy is SINGLE and his anger is purely based on ethnocentrism, with religion simply being a cloak. Indeed the moment a sister needs help from a monetary, medical or hospitality persepective these Somali guys are all missing in action, yet they will be the first to pass judgement on these same sisters, what a joke.

Go get your own Qalanjo, and the sight of seeing someone from your ethnic group with an ajanabi won't cause you to have a near heart-attack.

bowie-iman.jpg

Oops, didn't ment to you scare you my angry single brothers.........;).