Sign in to follow this  
Aaliyyah

Niqaab

Aaliyyah   

Sol sisters,

Just wondering if any of you are niqaabis? and how hard it is to wear it ?? like do you feel like wearing it makes everyone distant from you? do you have hard time finding a job? how comfortable do you feel at your college/uni/work etc...your feedback is appreciated =)...

salaam

Aaliyyah   

So proud of Heba Ahmed.She made articulate arguments... She makes me even wanna wear niqaab more... that other lady utters nonsense subhanalah..she didnt have a clue of what she was saying..

salaam

Blessed   

Masha Allah to Heba, the sister has articulated herself well. I'm not a Niqaabi but have several wonderful relatives and friends who don it and I must say it takes a lot of courage to do this. Unfortunately there are many Monas in the Somali community and you'll get the most aggravation from other Muslims rather than gaalo. SubhanAllah. It does make work and study difficult but not impossible. I would suggest hijrah to a Muslim country for ease of living in niqaab.

However, you need to address why you really want to wear it. Unfortunately and I don’t mean you, I know many sisters who jump the bandwagon to make a political statement – we must remember that purity in niyah is an important aspect of worship in our deen.

Do you believe it's fard? Have you read all the fatwa, tafsiir on the issue? Do you believe that hijaab / abaaya / jilbaab fall short of the conditions of Islamic hijab? Is this the only thing you could do to get closer to Allah? Is it the most important / essential? I think that you need to be absolutely firm in your intention and reasons to wear the niqaab if you want to succeed. May Allah increase your Imaan, walaalo. I’ve utmost respect for my niqaabi sisters. All the abuse they face will Insha Allah be rewards for them in on the day of judgement. Also, I must that the niqaab is a good da’wah tool.

Masha Allah very useful video, the other lady just doesn't make sense at all. "It's not an obligation to wear it" ku te, lol so what? That doesn't mean a girl can't choose to wear it. If she knew who of them that was being controlled by men, maynan hadli lahayn.

And I like how the muslim girl has the last words, its always important to have the last words in a debate.

I have the upmost respect for sisters that wear niqab(and of course also those who doesn't , daaqadda bal ha igala bixina lol), but......

One thing I find problematic is when some sisters choose to wear the niqab, then there are a lot of other sisters who see this as a negative thing.

Understand me correct, most girls have nothing against the niqab as a general Islamic clothing. But I've seen situations where a woman chose to wear niqab, and than there were some(her female muslim frinds) who said,

"are you really gonna wearing it?",

"What about your school, they'll certainly throw out "

"you should do this for Allah you know, and not just because you want to stand out "

"isn't it sooo hard to wear it "

"I myselfs could never wear it"etc etc.

and than there are those who uses the text(quran-sunnah) to proof that it actually isn't important, therefor they can't see the meaning with this whole thing! Meanwhile many scholars says it's fard(obligatory)

(but that a whole another discussion, ha nagu galina lol)

My point is, those comments, might seem innocent, but wallahi it leaves a mark on the persons heart.

Arintaasi waxay keentaa gabadhii miskiinadda ahayd inuu khalkhal/jahwareer iyo kalsooni-darro ku dhacdo and she becomes more and more vulnerable and nervous about the choice she made.

Intii gabadha miskiinadda ah, la garab istaagi lahaa, and support her in the choice and progress she've made towards Allah, maaha in looga daroo, niyadda laga jabiyo! And by than it's the whole society against her, both; non-Muslims, and her muslim friends.

When a girl chooses to do so, no one can interfere in her niyah and intentions. Marka drop the niyah talk. Shaydan uses this as a method to let the person astray, he whispers in your ear "you are not doing it for Allah" and many times you see that you stop doing something because you think it is based on the wrong niyah etc. Wich always isn't correct. In uu qofku dhaho "Ala amaynan ikhlaas iga ahayn", xataa waxay ka timaadaa shaydaanka marar badan.

By that I don't mean that one should not advise the sister who chooses to wear niqaabka. Of course it's a good thing, and one must also tell her that wearing it in the west isn't like walking on pink roses, but there is a difference between "niyad Jabin" and giving supporting counseling.

So I would say any girl who wants to wear niqabka, do it. Do not think of what people will think, the only person you have to satisfy is your Creator, and if it ends with, that life is too hard for you with the niqab(In the west), than the muslim scholars says that it's ok to take it off under these circumstances, although sabr and being steadfastness are the best ways to eternal happiness in Jannah.

I almost forgot, jzk for the video Aaliyah

I think it is ill judged for them to choose to wear it in non Islamic countries especially considering the rising levels of islamophobia, it’s also equally ludicrous that governments around Europe are now banning it. Ultimately it’s about choice, and if that choice negatively impacts on their quality of life and in some cases puts them at risk or in danger than surely it becomes self defeating. Why not mitigate that risk by donning attire that’s both Islamic and culturally sensitive.

Less of this

niqab.jpg

and more of

turkish_hijab.jpg

I must admit i find these women intimidating:D, what’s the significance of the colour black anway?

Blessed   

Che, Hijaabi of Sheilahstan and you're from? :)

Aduunka rag waalan baa haysta. :rolleyes:

AlMisikin,

If one has knowledge, conviction and purity of intentin, hadalka dadka kale waxba ma tarayo. Our actions are judged on the intention behind them, so it's never wise to 'drop the niyah talk'. I see your point though. :)

Blessed(Barakaysan), I agree, intentions are the most important thing, but let it be as I said "supporting counseling". Hadalka dadkuna waxba ma taro true, but than again, we are just humans, Shaydan may whisper and trick us any second.

But I'm glad u got my point. :)

Pucca   

Go for it! if wearing the niqaab makes one feel closer to allah and strengthens their iman, then by all means...do what you gotta do to reach your religious goals. Its all about personal choice at the end of the day. And depending on the school of thought you follow, it is either sunnah or waajib. Personally speaking i don't wear one and i don't see myself doing so in the future, there are plenty of ways i can increase my iman without having to cover my face. Everyone's different. Good luck Aaliyah walaalo if you're going to start wearing it.

Aaliyyah   

However, you need to address why you really want to wear it. Unfortunately and I don’t mean you, I know many sisters who jump the bandwagon to make a political statement – we must remember that purity in niyah is an important aspect of worship in our deen.

Do you believe it's fard? Have you read all the fatwa, tafsiir on the issue? Do you believe that hijaab / abaaya / jilbaab fall short of the conditions of Islamic hijab? Is this the only thing you could do to get closer to Allah? Is it the most important / essential? I think that you need to be absolutely firm in your intention and reasons to wear the niqaab if you want to succeed. May Allah increase your Imaan, walaalo. I’ve utmost respect for my niqaabi sisters. All the abuse they face will Insha Allah be rewards for them in on the day of judgement. Also, I must that the niqaab is a good da’wah tool.

You are right blessed that the person have to have the right intention. I am not going to wear it right now. But, inshallah I plan to wear it in the future. Also, to answer your question I don’t believe it is farad. From my understanding wearing niqaab is optional, but that does not mean one cant wear it even thou they think its recommended. I definitely think wearing niqaab will increase my imaan.

When a girl chooses to do so, no one can interfere in her niyah and intentions. Marka drop the niyah talk. Shaydan uses this as a method to let the person astray, he whispers in your ear "you are not doing it for Allah" and many times you see that you stop doing something because you think it is based on the wrong niyah etc. Wich always isn't correct. In uu qofku dhaho "Ala amaynan ikhlaas iga ahayn", xataa waxay ka timaadaa shaydaanka marar badan.

That is true Almiskiin. But, I am sure blessed was just reminding me that I need to have the right intention instead of just wearing it for the wrong reasons and then not getting rewarded for it ..Clearly alacmaalu biniyaat….. However, you are right that many girls get confused when ppl yap too much and make them doubt and then they become hesitant and decide not to wear it…

Go for it! if wearing the niqaab makes one feel closer to allah and strengthens their iman, then by all means...do what you gotta do to reach your religious goals. Its all about personal choice at the end of the day. And depending on the school of thought you follow, it is either sunnah or waajib. Personally speaking i don't wear one and i don't see myself doing so in the future, there are plenty of ways i can increase my iman without having to cover my face. Everyone's different. Good luck Aaliyah walaalo if you're going to start wearing it.

Pucca thanks sis. Inshallah I will. but not at moment though…I believe there are many other aspects that I need to improve religious wise that are farad on a muslim individual. Before, I do what is recommended….

They are sick in the head. Truly are. The worst of the worst, the lowest of low.

Clearly anyone who talks about people in that manner is the worst of the worst. Seriously, you need to grow up!