Sign in to follow this  
Liqaye

Mahiga Reer Muduga oo Diiday Rajada Muqdisho

Gabbal   

Libaax-Sankataabte;711419 wrote:
Before he took office, he came across as a Siyaadist ideologue. But as the events on the ground rendered the early fears unwarranted, the man found his footing in Shariif’s listening ears. Compatibility is an important commodity in the shifting sands of TFG politics. Shariif and Farmaajo are compatible. But that is where the festivities end awoowe. Both Shariif and Farmaajo see some of the major clan in the country as adversaries that need to be silenced. It is not only Shariif/Farmaajo that hold that view as the first article you posted clearly indicates. Theirs is a shared political thinking lacking of any practical high-mindedness. What the two men have in common is a derivative of that old and dirty “We-have-a-common-enemy” filtering; a filtering which is hardly the tool to build a failed nation around.

LOL. And I suppose you sought fit to label me as coming from tribal perspective. It is clear the only bone you have is the Puntland association with the TFG which I might bring to your attention fractured at the nature of naming a non-Puntlander to the PM position. I can say more but I suppose the degree of difference we both judge the association is that of two people look at a cup and either seeing it as half-full or half-empty.

As for your earlier response to me, there is multi-paged documentation of daily undertakings that would be repetitive and wholly redundant to repeat. Once sees what they want and doesn't see what they don't want. Welcome to Somalia.

Chimera   

xiinfaniin;711458 wrote:
Farmaajo had shown a much needed courage in his cabinet selection, but unless the political in which he is fated to operate changes I dont see him succeeding. I am not the one to believe foreign troops will defeat alshabaab. In the long run, absent of any political settlement, alshabaab will prevail against foreign intervention. All the current offenses, and the gains they made (if any) are sustained by AMISOM. Perhaps we need to remember that Ethiopian troops under Abdullaahi Yusuf term, made much larger gains but did not last because there was no a Somali capacity to sustain it.

Al-Shabaab as a group was far more popular during their campaign against the Ethiopians compared to their current status. They had most of the population on their side, and young nationalists from across the diaspora went back to join what they considered a "just cause". All of that momentum is out of the window now. They alienated people when they started burning the blue flag and enforced Talibanesque customs on the populace. The recent poll by the independent medium; Mogadishu Media House is evidence of that, the vast majority support the government.

As for Somali capacity; you can't compare the Yeey era where Somali soldiers didn't receive proper training or salaries with the current loyal army that has been established and that continues to grow in strength. The recent advances made in the deep South were primarily done by government troops. Now that there is a steady flow of funds coming from multiple large revenue makers like the sea-port and the airport, the government has alot more money to work with, and will eventually purchase jets and tanks, making the need for foreign forces obsolete. This combined with a faltering image will be the end of Al-Shabaab.

I look at Al-Shabaab, and I don't recognise anything Somali in them, when I look at Somaliland, Puntland, Galmudug and Farmaajo's team I recognise myself in them on multiple levels, even if I disagree with them on certain issues. Al-Shabaab feels completely alien to me.

Let's be honest, though I have been only following the situation back home since 2006, backtracking history has shown me Farmaajo's team is the best government Somalia has been blessed with in two decades(outside of the six months of ICU peace ofcourse). For the first time I see REAL progress, the type of progress that isn't just on paper, but the type that's actually benefitting the locals back home, shouldn't that be the most important factor in this whole circus? More has been done in the last 100 days than the last 1000 weeks.(the conflict has been going on longer than that!)

I want Somalia out of this "sick man" situation so it can stand proudly on its own two feet and start focusing on progressing our people.

Chimera, adeer it is about conflict resolution/management.

Assume you are an initiated elder in the affairs of the ummah, sitting under acacia tree. Village folks come to you for mediation. They identified the parties in the conflict: x, y, and z. The conflict is about a control of a piece of land. x has .9 percent, y has .06 percent, and z has .04 percent. z tried every conceivable method to expand its control to no avail, and so did y. It is an stalemate.

Put your biases aside, and be as impartial as you can possibly be, in this situation what would you do, ya The Judicious Chimera.

Remember your task is to settle this thing, that is what the village folks want. Just for a second, forget the real names of the disputing parties, just use the variables in the equation: would you ever ignore the x in the conflict?

Chimera;711598 wrote:
A

As for Somali capacity; you can't compare the Yeey era where Somali soldiers didn't receive proper training or salaries with the current loyal army that has been established and that continues to grow in strength.

hahahaa. Adiga ma xishooneesid?

cabdulahi yusuf established the best army the nation ever had since the fall of Siyaad Barre. if you want to be biased (i know you like Mr. Cheese) but don't be so obvious cunuga. xataa his enemies give him credit for that.

farmaajo ha la iska daayo. dhibta isaga maaho. madoobe waaye meesha wadanka ka sheqeen la'ayahay. in xarig madaxa looga xiro oo villa somalia laga jiido maahe si kaleeto ma ku baxaayo dhuxuloow.

Farmaajo has done a good job thus far. Its Sharif who has lacked nay sort of backbone and now wants more time.

I say let the man go and the other lead, or let thme both sink.

Somalina   

First Faroole's nephew writes

Farmaajo has promised many things and delivered little.

Then he comes back today and writes on the same page

Farmaajo has done a good job thus far.

Aniga maa waalan mise Mudug ayaa laga buraanburaayaa.

Quuqlayaasha halkan isugu yimid oo dawlada dacaayadeynaa, walaalayaal Soomaalida aduunka gees ka gees ayaa garab taagan dawladan hadalkiina qiimo kuma fadhiyo. Don't worry jago ayaa la idin siinayaa soon, idinkoo sacbinaaya waa la arki markaas.

Somalina;711904 wrote:
First Faroole's nephew writes

Then he comes back today and writes on the same page

Aniga maa waalan mise Mudug ayaa laga buraanburaayaa.

Quuqlayaasha halkan isugu yimid oo dawlada dacaayadeynaa, walaalayaal Soomaalida aduunka gees ka gees ayaa garab taagan dawladan hadalkiina qiimo kuma fadhiyo. Don't worry jago ayaa la idin siinayaa soon, idinkoo sacbinaaya waa la arki markaas.

:D:D:D:D