Sign in to follow this  
Nin-Yaaban

Somalis Behind Bars Thread!

Man jailed for stairwell stabbing

London, UK.
A 21-YEAR-OLD man involved in an unprovoked knife attack has been sentenced to a total of 14 years.

Duale Jama, of Hoppner Road, Hayes, has been convicted of stabbing Shameem Momin in Austin Road, Hayes, as he returned home from an evening out on March 22.

wsg_po%40123257_dualejama.jpg

Duale Jama, 21

The toughest looking Farah's in aduunka sentenced.

London, UK.
A GROUP of drug dealers have been jailed for more than 29 years following an under cover police investigation.

Detectives from the Violent and Organised Crime Unit (VOCU), which is funded by Greenwich Council, dismantled a criminal network selling class A drugs in Greenwich.

Jibril Jama aka Khatar, 22.

Hassan Hassan, 29

Ibrahim Jama, 24

Charges laid in inner city stabbing in Edmonton

A 38-year-old convicted rapist has been arrested in connection with the death of a man found lying face down in the snow on the sidewalk of an inner city neighbourhood early Saturday morning.

Officers were called to the area of 107 Avenue and 103 Street around 2:15 a.m. when a passerby noticed the man’s lifeless body. By the time police arrived, the man was already dead.

He has since been identified as 43-year-old Temesgen Asfha of Edmonton. An autopsy is scheduled to take place Monday afternoon, but police said it appears the victim was stabbed.

Residents in the area said the victim was killed over a drug dispute. Investigators are still searching for the weapon and are asking anyone who lives in the area to check their property and alley.

When police officers came banging on Kelly McCann’s apartment door at 3:30 a.m. on Saturday, she knew something was seriously wrong.

“The cops woke everybody up. They came door to door, wanted ID and shoe size,” said McCann, a resident at an apartment building near 107 Avenue and 104 Street, just steps away from the crime scene. “I thought it must be pretty serious if they are coming door to door at this hour.”

By daylight Saturday, a trail of blood could be seen from a nearby alley to the body, which was covered by a tarp in front of the Servus Credit Union branch. By Sunday morning, there was little evidence of the violence other than some sawdust under a skiff of snow on the sidewalk in front of the bank.

McCann said police told her the slaying has a connection with her building, which she described as busy. News of the man’s death hit too close to home.

“It’s getting real close to home. It’s pretty scary,” said McCann about the slaying. “This is a bad neighbourhood. When I’m done school, I’m taking off.”

Video obtained at the crime scene, along with information from downtown division patrol and beat members, assisted detectives in locating one witness and a suspect just blocks away from the crime scene shortly after midnight on Sunday.

Homicide detectives continue to search for more witnesses.

“We know there were at least five more people who witnessed the attack and we encourage them to come forward with that information,” said Staff Sgt. Bill Clark of the homicide unit.

Ahmed Farah, who is known to police, has been charged with second degree murder and possession of an offensive weapon. In 2005, Farah, a Somali-Canadian, was sentenced to more than two years behind bars for a series of sex attacks on teen girls in the area of the Clareview LRT station.

Farah and his partner in crime, Mohammed Ali Hersi, 26, were found guilty of sexual assault and unlawful confinement for an Oct. 5, 2003 attack on a 15-year-old girl. The girl said was lured into a tent near some bushes not far from the Clareview Recreation Centre at 139 Avenue and 38 Street after asking two men for a cigarette at about 2 a.m. Court heard the two men took turns raping the teen and she fled half-naked, wearing only a pair of socks from the waist down, after being let out to go to the bathroom.

The death marks the city’s 27th homicide of the year and the second in a week.

Last Monday, 23-year-old Aden Ahmed was stabbed following a fight between several males at a home near 113 Avenue and 94 Street. He was taken to hospital where he later died. An autopsy confirmed Ahmed died of multiple stab wounds. He was days away from appearing in court on charges related to drug trafficking.

Source:

Scumbag.

Two more arrested for Khat

Upper Allen Township, PA.
Police in Upper Allen Township, Cumberland County, arrested two Philadelphia men yesterday on drug charges after they picked up a shipment of khat, a stimulant, at a UPS facility in the township.

medium_mohamed-ali-0717-web.jpg

Mohamed M. Ali, 29.

medium_abu-habib-0717-web.jpg

Abu Habib Sabib, 31.

chubacka;894370 wrote:
^ Was he getting his monthly package of jaad?

I am always afraid I'll open this thread and see someone I know
:(

Yea, seems like the Chicago area and the O'hare International Airport is now the new transit area for Khat shipments to the midwest. Some of these smugglers seem like they get busted almost weekly, but other's take over and figure out a new way to bring it. It's a never ending sick circle.

Minneapolis Somali cop arrested for beating his wife.

Minneapolis, MN.
Another Minneapolis police officer has found himself on the wrong side of criminal charges.

Mukhjar Abdulkadir, a 36-year-old patrolman, is accused of pulling a gun on his wife, threatening to kill her, and hitting her with the butt end of the weapon, according to the criminal charges. Abdulkadir was booked Friday in Anoka County Jail for felony assault and has since been released on $50,000 bail.

Abdulkadirmugshot1.jpg

Mukhjar Abdulkadir, 36.

P.S. I like Somali police officers, especially those that work in the twin cities and there are few with more joining in everyday. Having said that, i remember reading about this when it first happened last yr and i believe this guy kept his job as a police officer even after being arrested for what he has done. Imagine if this was a regular Farah.....he would've been found guilty and probably lost whateva job he had. But this Qashin get's away with it bcuz he is a cop and is probably out there on streets arresting/writing for the same thing he got busted for.

Big up's to the REAL Somali cops who are just doing their job, and gettin the Qashin off the streets. Thank you guy's for everything you do. I am not Hating on Cops.

A man was shot dead after allegedly breaking into a Mississauga home with two other men who remain at large.

Peel Regional Police were called to a home on Corkstone Glade shortly after midnight Friday after a 911 call about a home invasion.

The homeowner, Mike Vrga, had found three intruders, two armed, in his house, his two young children and wife at home.

A short time later, one of the alleged intruders was dead.

Police said Vrga had struggled with one of the armed men.
Ibrahim Abukar, 22, of Toronto
, was pronounced dead at the scene.

Peel homicide detectives are continuing to investigate how Abukar was shot dead.

“Detectives are trying to piece together the sequence of events,” said Const. Thomas Ruttan.

Ruttan said the two other suspects, described as male, black and wearing dark clothing, remain on the run.

Sigh.

Blackflash;897225 wrote:
Sigh.

Very sad. You just never know what you are walking into when you decide to break into someone's house. I dunno about Canada, but in some U.S states, if your partner get's killed during commission of another crime (like in this case, by the homeowner), the surviving Qashin could be charged for that death.