Sign in to follow this  
Nin-Yaaban

Somalis Behind Bars Thread!

Mahdi Hashi is thought to be in prison in Djibouti. While he was visiting Somalia, Theresa May strips British passport and thereby deprived him of all his rights as a British national, He was accused of extremist activities but his parents say this is wrong. After landing at Heathrow, he was approached by MI5 who said his 'suspect status' would be cleared if he 'co-operated' with them.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2224155/Theresa-May-strips-British-passport-Muslim-care-worker-refused-join-MI5-African-prison.html

For the fourth time in 2 years, I've heard gunshots ring out in the dead of night near my home. The thing that pisses me off is the fact that it always involves someone from outside the neigbourhood.

Man, 32, dies in Malton shooting

1297333620635_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&si

TORONTO - Peel Regional Police are on the hunt for three suspects following a fatal shooting in Malton Thursday night.

Police spokesman Const. Erin Cooper says they received several calls Thursday night at 10:30 p.m. about shots fired at an apartment building at 7170 Darcel Ave.

"When we attended, we located the victim deceased," she said. "He was pronounced (dead) at the scene."

Dwayne Alexander Thompson, 32, of Brampton, was found in a parking lot next to the building, which was still taped off Friday morning.

"We had three suspects that fled, unknown whether it was in a vehicle or on foot," she said.

Police were searching for Thompson's missing vehicle, a grey 2007 Nissan Altima with licence plate BNCH 717.

Area resident Ryan Pelletier heard of the shooting early Friday morning.

"It's Malton, it doesn't really surprise me," he said. "There's a lot of gang violence around here."

Living with his family on a street nearby, he says he has no plans to move.

"It doesn't involve me so I'm safe, you know," he said.

The investigation continues.

Source:

It's probably not a Somali though as the shooting victims here are almost always Jamaican.

You do that Apo. But also know you wouldn't be the first one on SoL to be arrested.

On another note, since some of these arrests are from few yrs back and some people complained about it, i'd now only post those that happened within 1yr. So those of you that want to continue this, pls post arrests that are very recent.....atleast within the yr we are in. Thanks.

Residents living in the Alberta Avenue neighbourhood woke up Tuesday to find a handful of homes surrounded by yellow police tape, marking the scene of the city’s 26th homicide of the year.

Police were called to a home near 113 Avenue and 94 Street around 8:35 p.m. Monday after
23-yer-old Aden Ahmed
was stabbed at the residence. Ahmed was taken to hospital where he died.

Homicide investigators say the stabbing followed a fight between several males. Officers are still searching for suspects.

On Tuesday morning, forensics officers were walking in and out of the two-storey home with white siding. One officer was taking photos of the snowy sidewalk in front of the home. About a dozen orange pylons were placed on the sidewalk leading up to the residence and the front steps.

Source:

Anyone here know more about this? I'm assuming he's Somali, given his name.