Sign in to follow this  
Nin-Yaaban

Somalis Behind Bars Thread!

Blackflash;865232 wrote:
You're not alone Nin-Yaaban. I was arrested myself when I was 16 for a relatively minor crime (theft at a gas station). Have been on the straight and narrow since then, but have watched many friends upgrade to more violent offenses. There's only so much your parents and the system can do to/for you before you have to hold yourself accountable.

No way how honest and brave of you to come out like that. Well done for turning yourself around for the better.

Blackflash;865232 wrote:
You're not alone Nin-Yaaban. I was arrested myself when I was 16 for a relatively minor crime (theft at a gas station). Have been on the straight and narrow since then, but have watched many friends upgrade to more violent offenses. There's only so much your parents and the system can do to/for you before you have to hold yourself accountable.

+100. Count your blessings sxb, because Juvenile arrest records rarely show up in background checks. The slate is wiped clean for you, and you are given a 2nd chance in life. I am glad you are staying away from trouble.

Carafaat   

NinYaaban,

I am a former inmate to. I was 16 years old, when I was arrested by French Border Control. They put me in a small cell together with a smelly fat Malidivian man. The worst 4 hours of my life.

South Hampton Man get's 4yrs for his part in a drug gang.

Southhampton, UK
. THEY were vying for control of the drugs supply in Southampton and across the south coast.

Each member of this eight-man gang played a vital part in peddling heroin and crack cocaine on the streets of the city – determined to be the main suppliers and dealers in the area.

MOHAMMED SHARMARKE, 28.

Carafaat;865451 wrote:
NinYaaban,

I am a former inmate to. I was 16 years old, when I was arrested by French Border Control. They put me in a small cell together with a smelly fat Malidivian man. The worst 4 hours of my life.

Just 4hrs? Ma ooyn rabtay? :)

Yaabanoow, you are misleading SOLers now. Waxaa soo qufeysaa dambiya dhacay in 2008 iyo 2009, making it as though all those accusations and allegations against our sisters and brothers happening in the past few weeks and days. That is very misleading.

Quit googling wax sanadooyin hore dhacay oo yaaba og xataa some of those cases and allegations might have been dropped too.

Didn't know where else to stick this, but here's Toronto's 4th or 5th Somali homicide victim for this year:

The man fatally shot in Malvern early Saturday was killed in a dispute with a passenger in his car, according to police.

Abdulaziz Farah, 28, of Toronto, was driving his black 2006 Acura TL on Fawcett Trail, near Morningside and Mclevin Aves., around 12:30 a.m. when a fight with his passenger broke out.

“There was a violent encounter during which Mr. Farah received fatal wounds,” said Toronto police Det. Omar Khan. “His assailant then drove away from the scene in Mr. Farah’s car.”

Farah died at the scene from multiple gunshot wounds.

His car was found in a plaza parking lot near Kingston and Port Union Rds., about six kilometres from where the shooting took place. It’s now being examined by police.

Khan said Farah was known to police, but declined to give further details or divulge where in Toronto he lived. He said he doesn’t have information showing the shooting was gang-related, and doesn’t believe Farah was headed to a specific address on that street.

Police are appealing to anyone with information on Farah’s whereabouts and company Friday evening to contact them. Farah was 5-foot-11, 170 pounds and of Somalian descent. He was wearing a red checkered shirt, blue jeans, and white running shoes when he died.

“I’m also appealing directly to the person or persons responsible for the death of Abdulaziz Farah to contact their lawyer and turn themselves in to police,” Khan said Sunday.

Police are receiving a “great deal of cooperation” from the public, he said, but are also hoping to speak with the driver of a silver car spotted at the scene and anyone who saw Farah’s car that night

Source: