Sign in to follow this  
Ms MoOns

Globalisation in Somalia?

Ms MoOns   

I've decided to put my question in General, even though it might be more appropriate in the Politics/Debate department. As many people browse here, I'm hoping to get more information on my following question.

I'm doing a research on the effects of globalisation on a developing/undeveloped country. Since I'm interesting in my own country and hopefully learn about it through this, I'm thinking about choosing Somalia as that country.

My question to you walaalayaal, first of all, do you consider Somalia as an developing country or rather undeveloped? Explain. Officially, according to the IMF (International Monetary Fund), Somalia is on the list of merging/developing countries (2010).

And when I say, Somalia, I do mean Somalia as a whole, so Somaliland as well.

Second, having that said, has globalisation effected Somalia, in what way?

Obviously there's a big difference before and after the civil war. Mind pointing out the main differences?

Please discuss, and hadalka ii jilci, I do want to understand and learn something here.

Thanks in advance!

M.

Buy a ticket ,, jump on the plane and come to Somaliland to do a field study ............... i'm sure u will change your mind and write about "Globalization in Somaliland" .. :D

nuune   

Globalization, or in Somali, Qubqac shankalalax, is a major issue in Somalia, geelii sangaalaa dhameeyey, lo'dii takartii maroodigaa wada qarisey midh kama harin, ari ha sheegin, maxaa inoo soo harey, total globalization ayaa wadankii ka jiro, total qubqac dhuguc

globalisation as in? that is a term usedvery loosely these days.....So you have to be bit more specific to get a reasonable answer.

For example, from Telcom prespective, Somalia had benefited alot from the competing multinational corporations as they can now have access to various competing services at a cost they can afford.

Perhaps you need to be more specific with your question and i believe you may get some real answers et=ither from this forum or outside of this forum.

Cheers

Bashiir   

nuune;706601 wrote:
Globalization, or in Somali, Qubqac shankalalax, is a major issue in Somalia, geelii sangaalaa dhameeyey, lo'dii takartii maroodigaa wada qarisey midh kama harin, ari ha sheegin, maxaa inoo soo harey, total globalization ayaa wadankii ka jiro, total qubqac dhuguc

:D:D :D

Ms MoOns   

JB: Field study? That's a waste of effort, they won't give me enough credit for that :P

Nuune: I believe you live in a fantasy world dear, ka soo bax, it's doing you no good.

Legend of Zu: I was referring to globalisation in general. I'm not intending to get into one specific area, if that's what you meant?

Globalisation is a term we frequently hear in today's world relating to politics and the environment.

My understanding of it is that it refers to the fact that we are living in one world where individuals, groups and nations have become more interdependent.

I'm interested in:

- the economic factors,

- political factors, and of course

- the rise of information and communication technology.

Ismahaan: Waad mahadsantahay dear, those links are very helpful, I will go through them.

JB: Field study? That's a waste of effort, they won't give me enough credit for that

So you want to make your report out of SOL replies ??? ,,,,,, very practical eh ?? :D

Ismahaan   

Ms MoOns;706685 wrote:

Ismahaan: Waad mahadsantahay dear, those links are very helpful, I will go through them.

You are most welcome sis and good luck on your research!!!!!!

Ms MoOns   

Jacaylbaro;706691 wrote:
So you want to make your report out of SOL replies ??? ,,,,,, very practical eh ??
:D

No. I'm hoping SOL will give me more of a personal understanding of the subject.

I'm not using it as a source to back up my research.

globalisation runtii wuxuu anfacaa wadamada dhaqaalahooda koray sida turky iyo indonesia marka laga hadlayo wadamada muslimka ah maxaa yeelay hadii adigoon basic need haysan aad tiraahdo globalisation ayaan ku biirayaa mudu yar ayaa lagu xaalufin madama shaqaalaha laysu farayaa bangiyadaa laysku furayaa maalgashi laysku furaya intaas oo dhanna wexey faaido utahay wadamada hormaray ee goob maalgashi ubaahan.

the rise of information and communication technology. company yadeenu lama tartami karaan kuwa dunida 1 , sow dhankasta laga qabsanmaayo wadanka hadaan Globalisation ku biirno .

N.O.R.F   

The following effects the economy back home.

1. Weak US$ - less money for people to spend

2. High oil prices - results in higher fuel prices which is passed onto the people as imports become more expensive

3. Food prices are currently going through the roof.

4. Economic crisis means people can't travel home and boost tourism/airport fees, hotels etc

5. Diaspora setting up business has dropped

6. Construction of homes by diaspora has declined

7. Governments have increased import duties

Hope that help.