Sign in to follow this  
Ms MoOns

''Whatsapp'' for Iphone, Blackberry and Android phones

Complete   

I don't understand why I would need this application when all of my contacts are simply a text message away but I'll give it a try anyways.

Taleexi   

Have you guys ever thought about the detrimental effects of having higher number of similar apps on your gadget? - The redundancy and overlapping functionality of such apps will drain your precious time exponentially in the long run. I would suggest one shops around and selects what fits his/her needs best.

Vans;728131 wrote:
I don't understand why I would need this application when all of my contacts are simply a text message away but I'll give it a try anyways.

Text msgs cost you ,,, this doesn't. That is the point. You can chat with someone in other continent for free.

Complete   

Jacaylbaro;728149 wrote:
Text msgs cost you ,,, this doesn't. That is the point. You can chat with someone in other continent for free.

I get that idea but hey, I personally have unlimited texting so meh either way wa isku mid.

The Zack   

Vans;728153 wrote:
I get that idea but hey, I personally have unlimited texting so meh either way wa isku mid.

No company in the US offers unlimited international SMS, that is where these other crazy apps come handy. You probably don't text to other countries, so you might not be missing out any thing.

Jacpher   

^If I am not mistaking Tmobile offers unlimited texting including international text for extra $10/month. It's a feature you can add to your line but still you're paying for it. But why pay for international sms when you can sms someone across the atlantic for free and even do more.

Whatsapp messenger is more than just sms. This app lets you do sms, mms, video and audio notes. The app costs $0.99. You gotta have wifi or data connection and you can instantly chat, send pic/video/voice notes to anyone with a phone number anywhere in the world. It's a cross platform meaning is supports iphone, blackberry, android or nokia. Push notification wuu leeyahay so you don't' need to have the app up and running to receive them. Worth the money for what it does. So yes, whatsapp beats regular cellphone sms.

Tango is just jaajuus and buggy too. The voice quality sucks too, at least with my experience.

The Zack   

I meant to say no company offers unlimited international messaging rather. T-Mobile offers unlimited SMS for $5 or $10 for individual or family plan if you are on specific plans and will still bill MMS separately.