Sign in to follow this  
Br CD0000

Revert Br, Somalian Sr.

Pucca   

Walle inanta niman somaaliyeed oo dhan kaa dooratay ba jabtay. That whole "calaf ku Waa cajiib" statement never held more truth than it does now. But there's no sense in me being so negative, so dude may your union be blessed. Y'all are still Muslims so I wish you both well.

Ps, Youre still not Somali, remember that.

STOIC   

Not to troll on here, but I just want to WARN my Somali sisters please be careful with PHILLY muslims (Salafi type especially )..I have seen a brother who made a Hijra to Minneapolis to get married to multiple Somali girls..Just someone is a Muslim and has a big beard doesn't mean they are staraight....I have done and seen it all here...Just brotherly warning...and I hope I didn't come across as a jerk!

PS As for the poster goodluck!

^Who's xenophobe? Your blanket statement is offensive Adan.

Stoic... Gabdhihii ragbaa shaqo ka,dhigtey.

Pucca....I'm very well Alxamdillahi. Hope things are dandy up north.

Rumaysah   

As-salamu Alaykum Warahamtullahi Wabarakatuh.

Br CDOOO,

InshaAllah I hope this finds you in the best state of health and IMAAN.

If I may ya Akhii. In islam we have to advice each other, simply because its the sunnah of the prophet(SAW) You say you and this Sister met online(oopSS). You see ya Akhii, In order to safeguard the moral integrity of family and society, Muslim men and women are expected to observe certain guidelines of behaviour that Westerners may find restrictive. We therefore must avoid situations that would put us alone with members of the opposite sex, or lead to temptation or misunderstandings. Moving on! I am not here to judge.

In a certain class of people there rages an internal war, one that doesn't take place on the battlefield, but in one's bedroom, one's office, one's own home and even on somalionline forum threads. It is a war that results in ulcers or an increase in blood pressure. Everything frustrates these people: they become angry at inflation, furious because the rains came late and exasperated when the value of their currency falls. They are forever perturbed and vexed, no matter what the reason.They think that every cry is against them. (Qur 'an 63: 4) My advice to you is this: do not carry the weight of the globe on your shoulders. Let the ground carry the burden of those things that happen.

Always remember Ya Akhii, At a time of calamity, there is nothing more beneficial to you than having a brave heart. The one who has such a heart is self-possessed he has firm faith and cool nerves. On the other hand, during the course of any given day, the coward slaughters himself many times with apprehensions and presentiments of impending doom. Therefore, if you desire for yourself a stable life, face all situations with bravery and perseverance.And let not those who have no certainty of faith discourage you... (Qur'an 30: 60)Be more resolute than your circumstances and more ferocious than the winds of calamity. May mercy descend upon the weak-hearted, for how often it is that they are shaken by the smallest of tremors?And verily, you will find them the greediest of mankind for life... (Qur'an 2: 96)As for those who are resolute, they receive help from their Lord and are confident of His promise.He sent down calmness and tranquility upon them. (Qur'an 48: 18)

Taleexi   

Waar San Diego-ba kuwo yidhi jail-ka baanu ku soo muslinay baa gabdhihii nag ka dhigay!. qaar baan arkay sannad-ba mid qaba, laakiinse sheeko xalaal ah ku raaxayso dhib malaha baan u gartay.. All things considered, it is one's choice whomever they want to get marry but a word of wisdom Xaliimos be selective for your better half. Illaahay amarkiis.

Blessed   

Raggow runta sheega. Ma kuweenaa dhaama? Ma waxaad leedihiin, raga Somaaliyeed gabdhaha Somaaliyeed ma xumeeyaan, oo lama guursadaan oo kama dhaqaaqaan? Naga daaya dee! Rag waa rag whatever their background.

I do agree, being a Muslim doesn't necessarily mean that one has a tolerable personality or good understanding and application of the deen or character (good manners, patient, kindness, respectful etc) which is what the Messengers (SAW) much misused hadith talks about. There are many Muslim men I'd advise sisters to not even touch with a barge pole let alone consider for marriage.

Malika   

^Uu sheeg sis.

Honestly, iney horta ragga somaliyeed iis weydiyaa, maxaa kaa sii aa - sootani gabdhii kaacararayaa ee isku barereen rag kale.

ps.Br CD, pardon the Somali, we kind of hijacked your thread to discuss sensitive matters..lol

SJ   

Honestly, iney horta ragga somaliyeed iis weydiyaa, maxaa kaa sii aa - sootani gabdhii kaacararayaa ee isku barereen rag kale.

Ragu inay u bareeraan waxaan firkood la'aqoon safar dheer baa u raaca. :) Hindidaa shidan

Dumarka bareeraa suuq la'aan ay ku dambeeyaan garoob xitaa dhaanta ......

Sorry about not being around so much. I've barely seen a computer lately, it seems like. Haha.

JazakhAllahu kheyran for all of the advice, and no stress about all of the Somali in thread (even if I do have no idea what's being said 90 perce...Well, all of the time. :D )

I'm sure I'll pick it up inshaAllah. Some very 'real world' and 'heavy' matters are being discussed with the sisters Dad lately, which is good. I mean, he's definitely listening to everything I have to say, and putting forth his two cents. The mutual dialogue going on here is very beneficial alhamdulillah.

Sure, we had the whole rocky road before we met, but now (not sure if I've said this earlier) the family have really made me feel as though I fit in, with out any issues at all. Huge progress is being made, and I've been spending a lot of time with the sister's father (honestly, as much as possible.) and we're getting along famously, from what I can tell. Alhamdulillah.

Thanks everyone. :)

Hopefully inshaAllah soon I'll be back in business and spamming these forums like there's no tomorrow.

"Hooyo, guess who's coming to dinner!"

:D

Brother CD, the reason you got such a hostile welcome is because you come across slightly annoying. I don't know why. There's just something about your posts that scream "self-content". Plenty of Somali brothers marry revert sisters and there are sisters who marry reverts. Plenty of Somali brothers want to marry an Arab/Pakistani sister and wake up the next day with a missing organ and a wall covered in blood, reading: "STAY AWAY FROM FAIDA IBN AL SAHIL". My point is, you ain't the first to be rejected nor embraced by a girl's family. And I know one's broken fingernail hurts more than all the suffering in the world, because it's happening to you, but honestly, it sounds like you're loving this and simply thriving in the whole... whatever this thread has managed to raise.

A quick word of advice for any young Somali out there: if you know your parents will totally freak out for bringing home a non-Somali, it's probably not a good idea to search for one online. Just food for thought.