Sign in to follow this  
Br CD0000

Revert Br, Somalian Sr.

Families: can't live with them, can't live without them. Islamically the family don't have a valid reason to reject you. It should be the daughter's choice as to who to marry.

I say elope.

Chimera   

Both of you are plain cowards, and you clearly have no influence over her as a man or potential husband, she doesn't respect you at all! Nothing would stand in my way if I wanted to marry a sister from ethnocentric communities like; Pakistan, Iran or Russia(lol) and she wanted me back. I don't care how ethnocentric her family is or what their wishes are. I would sweep the girl off her feet in a hot-air balloon to Shangri-la, and my family would become her family, plenty of warmth there to go around.

Come on warya, if my family disapproved of a girl from arch-enemy Ethiopia, or shocking a Jewish girl from Brooklyn, and I really loved either one of them; I would turn my back on my family in a heartbeat( and keep in mind this group has since birth been the most important group of people in my life), if I didn't do this; it would be a clear cut sign to me that I don't love the girl as much as to actually make a painful sacrifice, nor have any long-term faith in this potential marriage.

Man up.

bilan   

^^^^ lol habar fadhida lagdin u fudud, Family is not disposable.

come on ladies I was not scaring him at all, laakiin I just wanted to give him hints so he can check if the girl is still in town, yaa og inu qarfo jafayo

mashallah brothar, it seems ur have found urself a desperate somali girl(one of many). good job akhi, and inshallah i wish you luck in your conquest of her(sex).

waa bilaahi towfiiq

So many ridiculous replies, from people who seemingly know nothing about human relations...Very sad state of affairs indeed.

Have fun sucking at life you guys, I'm logging out. :)

I was looking for intelligent life on the internet. But how underwhelming this experience was...

Jacpher   

^:D

If you can't handle simple words on a screen, perhaps it's better you leave that girl alone. You'd need to grow a pair to put up with gabadh Soomaaliyeed. A weak man is not to mess with a strong black woman.

What daleel are you speaking of? Why a parent can deny a guy to marry their daughter because they don't feel it is suitable to them? Regardless of race, color or ethnicity, nothing compels any parent to marry their girls to other race or nationality. Narrate any source that suggests otherwise. Islamically, nothing is there that imposes this parent to grant your wishes and demands. The parent are perfectly okay in saying your family is not MUSLIM enough for our daughter. That is not to say they are condemning your as a person or belittling your as a believer. You can take it personally and accuse them of all sorts of things but their concern is not with you. IT IS your family that they don't feel their daughter should be joining.

By the way, the most Sheikh I know of will tell the girl to heed the advice and wisdom of her parents. For you, there's plenty of fish in the sea so to speak.

SJ   

Br CD0000, why dont you be a good muslim and respect the wishes of your brother, the father of the girl. Its a shame that you are plotting ways to undermine his decision.

way igu riyootaa kulahaa allow sahal amuraha.....

Malika   

Axmed-InaJaad;702438 wrote:
mashallah brothar, it seems ur have found urself a desperate somali girl(one of many). good job akhi, and inshallah i wish you luck in your conquest of her(sex).

waa bilaahi towfiiq

Subhanallah, you have an audacity to speak ill of someone else? Using beautiful Islamic words arent hiding your ugly side - Your are rude - ps. who are you to judge this girl or the intention of this man?

Brother DC - you must understand the legitimate concern of the parents, they are thinking of the welfare of their child. What you need to perhaps do is ask those in the Mosque or Dawah circles that you have been involved with to be your character witnesses. The sister needs to take some responsibility to reassure her parents that she is strong enough in her deen - if deen is their concern 0r is it also a cultural concern?

Without sounding judgemental of the sister - was her desire to marry you a revert based on your ethnicity[white] or your desire to be on the path of truth -Islam?

Ibtisam   

^Iska ilawo kaas, lost case :rolleyes:

Seems he dont get the Somali tongue in cheek advice and run away anyway, maybe to talk to her and take Val advise :D :D :D

Adam I find that hard to believe!!! :eek: :ee: Being a real man is being able to have both worlds. :D

Ibtisam   

I blocked him so I only see when others quote him.

How u feeling this morning? Back at work or nursing the backache?

Malika   

^Oh - I need to set ignore on a few people then..Lol

I am off today - the backache is much better - just needed a break.

Ibtisam   

Asga kaga bilow :D :D

Yeah a few days of rest is always good, sometimes you need longer though. Something I should know Malika? Tell me I love good news :D :D