Sign in to follow this  
LixAfar iyo Nus

ISLAM the solution to the Somali Crises?

Alhamdullilah, to see that more and more are returning to the fundamentals and the true nature of Islam. We all have agreed that Islam is the solution. I would like to re-state that we should take lessons from the pages of Islamic history or pre-Islamic history. Look at the time and condition of the Arabs in Mecca and Medina before Islam. They were a tribal society so ignorant that they used to bury their newborn daughters. They also drank alchole excessively, enslaved the week and neglected the poor, dealt with usury (interest) and had tribal ridiculous fights on a regular basis. These are only few of the social problems of the Arabs before Islam, than Islam came and solved all those problems and more within 23 years of prophet hood.

The irony is that Somali people are Muslims, which have the same Madhab (school of thought), one culture (not much diversity), majority speak the same language, but yet we have the same problems -or even worse because we’re Muslims- than the people of Mecca and Medina.

With no doubt the solution for now is to live Islam with in us, in our homes and communities and prepare for the reconstruction of Somalia. Usually people in general are followers and right now Somalia is in great need of sincere educated leaders that have a firm relationship with Allah. Just like Umar Ibn Al khataab, Umar bin Abdul-Aziiz, Malcolm X, Imam Hassan al Bana and Abu A’la Al Mawduudi…and many other pioneers and thinkers of Islam, may Allah be pleased with them all. Therefore, who will stand for justice even against his people or himself? Who will stand for the truth if it means dying for it? Who will become the one who unites ALL the tribes in Somalia, just like how Rasuulullah (saw) united the whole tribes of Arabia? The answer to these questions shall be seen in the near future -Insh'Allah- as the process of a new Revolution begins.

"Our people have made the mistake of confusing the methods with the objectives. As long as we agree on objectives, we should never fall out with each other just because we believe in different methods, or tactics, or strategy. We have to keep in mind at all times that we are not fighting for separation…” Malcolm X

Originally posted by Ameenah:

[Opnionated,

What if the Corrupted leaders were replaced by Islamic leaders - and by that I mean ppl who truely follow the Quraan and Sunnah? [/QB]

Are you saying that there is NO possible way that an Islamic leaders can be corrupt? When it comes to politics, EVERYONE has their own agendas.

Raxmah   

Salaams

Islam is the sulotion to every problem we face in soceity - It's that we just fail to recognize it. May allah show us the right path and keep us in that path.

Qac Qaac   

Lix Afar said it all. we need leaders like Omar bin Al-khattab, and Omar bin abdulaziz.

I don't think a mu'min leader would have his own agenda, maybe u r talking about the munafiqiin.

pearl   

Ameenah: What if the Corrupted leaders were replaced by Islamic leaders - and by that I mean ppl who truely follow the Quraan and Sunnah?

Opinionated.

I cant seem to see the picture u portrayed in this statement Are you saying that there is NO possible way that an Islamic leaders can be corrupt? When it comes to politics, EVERYONE has their own agendas. care to explain how that statement could be true...but seemingly contradictive...

i dont understand how is a person who follows the quran and sunnah have their own agenda other then for the betterment of mankind....take for example the prophet saw..i dont know about u but his sole agenda was to please his lord..thus for the betterment of mankind....

dont let these modern politicians make u into thinking that a leader how follows islam whole heartily can have his own agenda....

Opinionated, be careful of giving too much opinions of things that may be out of your league or require personal experience or Knowledge. Mind you, Islam is not a religion based upon Opinions and personal ideas. I’m sure you have much to say and feel you must put your two scents in, but is better to remain factual and realistic. Consider this an advice because it is a Lesson for all of us to learn. The sad thing is, even those who don’t believe in Islam will tell you that it is not a smart thing to be opinionated.

“The more opinions you have, the less you see” Wim Wenders

Miriam1   

Are you saying that there is NO possible way that an Islamic leaders can be corrupt? When it comes to politics, EVERYONE has their own agendas

I do not claim to know everything that there is to know, but i care to believe that the men who ruled after the death of the Nabi (P.B.U.H) such as

Caliph Abu Bakar(ra)

Caliph Umar (ra)

Caliph Usman (ra)

Caliph Ali (ra)

Were statesmen that ruled for the sake of Allah and the well bieng of the muslim ummah and not a personal agenda.

A couple hundred years later too,

Sultan Salah-ud-din Ayyubi

Sultan Noor-ud-din Zangi

Two rulers who contributed greatly to the salvation of the islamic faith my defeating the crusaders several times in their lifetimes..these were rulers, statesmen, politicians.....

There is no doubt that our history as muslims is littered with corrupt leaders, but not every politician leads a personal agenda some were there on the seat of leadership to guide our people into glory!

**If i have made a mistake in any of the above information please correct me as we all are students***

smile.gif

Is ISLAM the only solution for the Somali crises in the name of GOd the most mercyful the most gracious

brothers and sisters.this topic is very nice and worth dicuss. it seems we progressing by dicussing what is good for our country is main step forwad. ok now let be to the point.

What is the problem?

i think every somali knows what is the somali promlem is,it is rtiblism.

How can we improve the dilemma that has caused us pain and suffering?

very good question.i think there one way to imropve this dilema .we can improve it through education as some of you suggested,educating being that raise awareness among the ordinary people of the bad ramifaction of triblism.working as a team and to one goalpeace.

Is ISLAM the only solution for the Somali crises

no dout about that, but what kind of islam?islam mixed of triblims cultures?,islam that can't go well with 21s century?islam that can't tolerate other cultures and religones? it is very easy to say islam is solution to somali problem which.look around the world and you find out the country claims of islam as thier law backward and dictatorial systems. people has been supressed in the name of islam.remember muslims are mirror of islam,whatever they do will considerd islamic.

yes islam is our sollution but how.there more than 34 moslim countries around the world,all of them (except one iran.may be turkey malaysia and indonesia) are dictortarial regimse why??is't becuase islam support dictatorship? if not people do not raised and reject those systems? this is not some started now,it was therefor centuries. ever since last khalifa alraashida ali past away?the royalism the dictotorships started then? why muslim who contributed so much to our civilasation never thought about this?

Is democracy the solution?

i don't know what you mean by democracy,but if you mean a system where people govern,where people dicrectly elect their leaders,where people have right to change,where all people are equal and where justice is practice then yes,and that is islam.

Is ISLAM the only solution for the Somali crises in the name of GOd the most mercyful the most gracious

brothers and sisters.this topic is very nice and worth dicuss. it seems we progressing by dicussing what is good for our country is main step forwad. ok now let be to the point.

What is the problem?

i think every somali knows what is the somali promlem is,it is rtiblism.

How can we improve the dilemma that has caused us pain and suffering?

very good question.i think there one way to imropve this dilema .we can improve it through education as some of you suggested,educating being that raise awareness among the ordinary people of the bad ramifaction of triblism.working as a team and to one goalpeace.

Is ISLAM the only solution for the Somali crises

no dout about that, but what kind of islam?islam mixed of triblims cultures?,islam that can't go well with 21s century?islam that can't tolerate other cultures and religones? it is very easy to say islam is solution to somali problem which is true. but look around the world and you will find out the countries claim islam as thier system and sharia law backward and dictatorial systems. people has been supressed in the name of islam,people have being deyied their right s in the name of islam .remember muslims are mirror of islam,whatever they do will considerd islamic.and the image in front of yes today is unfortuately bad one.

wars,poorness,dictatorships.totalitrian regimes and so on.

yes islam is our sollution but how.there are more than 34 moslim countries around the world,all of them (except one iran.may be turkey malaysia and indonesia) are dictortarial regimse why??is't becuase islam support dictatorship? if not why people do not raised and reject those imported systems? this is not something that started now,it was therefor centuries. ever since last khalifa alraashida ali biinu abii talib passed away the royalism the dictotorships started then? all the khalifahs afters aba bakar omar othiman and ali used royal system. why muslim who contributed so much to our civilasation never thought about changing this? and when moslims fail to curb their dictators others nations with hidden agendas have to do it for them.is't that what is happening today in iraq?is't that what may happen in syria?can you believe a religone that may support a dictators.can that be good for 21st century?( if you look at some of islamic mathahib you will find out that they support the ruler who sieze power by illegal means like coups.) as i see islam is very flexible,

;democratic; and preaches freedom.

now is't wonder if someone with his own race motivation prand arabs and moslims as lim imputator,women surpressors and suicide bombers?

Is democracy the solution?

i don't know what you mean by democracy,but if you mean a system where people govern,where people dicrectly elect their leaders,where people have right to change,where all people are equal and where justice is practice then yes,and that is islam.

sayfulaah-Almasluul

I think your confused or trying to confuse others. Is Islam the solution or not? Don’t say it is and than say but in bold. I will ask once more is ISLAM the solution to the crisis of Somalia? Answer yes or no…and state why. If you don’t know than you don’t know. Secondly, Islam is the perfect religion, which has no flaws or can’t be wrong…. that is a fact. But Muslims can make a mistake or even deviate from the principles of Islam. For anyone to judge Islam through the action of one Muslim or few is merely ignorant and lacks proper education of the social sciences. For example for me to say that Christianity breeds or promotes terrorism, when Timothy McVeigh exploded that bomb in Oklahoma, would show my state of ignorance.

Islam has to be properly applied, in accordance to the teachings and the way of Rasullulaah (s.a.w) and is Khulafa (Abu Bakr, Omar, Uthman, Ali and Omar bin Abdul-Aziz). Anyone can claim something and not do it in its correct manner. Therefore, claiming to have an Islamic government and the action or the principles of Islamic governance is not applied, would not be an Islamic government…correct?

You seem to attack Islam indirectly. We all know Islam does not support dictatorship or anything, which leads to being bad. It seems as well that you speak in the Third party as if you don’t belong in this religion. We’ll give you the better of the doubt and say you grew up in America or the west and followed CNN all your life and other anti Islamic media.

Islam is Islam…not democracy. Islam is made to dominate all other ‘isms’, systems and religions, if we like it or not, if we support it or not. It is the nature of Islam to supersede all and bulldoze that, which is on its way. Truly, Allah knows Best.

Samafal   

Islam is the only solutuon of every society where that be somalis or others, but few things need to be looked at before evrything else:

1. Do the people have firm knowledge of what it means to live under the Islamic Sharia? are they really educated enough to undestand that this will not be a law imposed on them by man But that the law of the mighty creator? do they undestand the benefits of the Islamic sharia for them?

2. will rulers of the day play the politics as it is in the 21st century and not on the basis of historical tales read by clerks who know little about the life outside the mosque ? Do we have the leader who has all it takes to defend Islam with all the Western propaganda?

3. What goverment system should an Islamic country

take?

These things and others need to be debated and agreed on, if an Islamic state is to be formed. Any sooner adoptaion of the system from the somalia side will require grassroots and advanced planning and cannot be attained through decisions made on the spur of the moment.

Salaams

lixafar

sayfulaah-Almasluul

I think your confused or trying to confuse others. Is Islam the solution or not? Don’t say it is and than say but in bold. I will ask once more is ISLAM the solution to the crisis of Somalia? Answer yes or no…and state why. If you don’t know than you don’t know. Secondly, Islam is the perfect religion, which has no flaws or can’t be wrong…. that is a fact. But Muslims can make a mistake or even deviate from the principles of Islam. For anyone to judge Islam through the action of one Muslim or few is merely ignorant and lacks proper education of the social sciences. For example for me to say that Christianity breeds or promotes terrorism, when Timothy McVeigh exploded that bomb in Oklahoma, would show my state of ignorance.

in the name of allah the most merciful the most gracuious

i preciate very much for your contribution.

Lixafar walaal i think youdidn't carefuly read what i wrote .i am not confused neither do i want to confuse the others,and no one can claim perfaction.

let me answer the question you asked me agains.first of all it seems to me you want me to give nomads unadquate or unsatisfactory answers.you are demanding me to say yes or no !!!!! but that is not enough brother,i said islam is undoubtedly the only solution for global crisises in general and somali dilemma in particular.i blieve,like most of you do,the totality perfection of islam.what is more i blieve anyone who have little doubt in his mind about islam's perfection can not be called complete moslim.alhamdu lilaah.but also we have to understand one thing,the holy quran is a text,and if the moslims do not follow and adopt as the only way of life then quran will not be different from the other holy books. soomalidu waxy ku maahmaahdaa kitaab alle kudiiday ayaa ka adag.GOd subxaanuhu watacalaa had reveal this quran for better of human.ok one question,what is the main distictive or atttribute of islam? in other word,what is main thing that islam differ from other systems and religones?

is it jihad? is it salad?is it iiman without action?

you may have different answer for the question but my answer for this important question is among the other islam has one main attributes that no other contemporary or old religone or system share, alcaddalah or justice .justice for everything.justice for the people,justice for minorites.justice for women,justice for men,justice for children,you name them.......

justice is the core axis of islam,where there is no justice there is no islam.no matter how little unjustice is.ok now what are we missing in somalia or in muslim world? are we missing wealth?no i don't think so.we are missing justice.

i love your suggestion there to seprate islam and muslims.it is good point,but do you sincerely think that in a world whether institution like CNN and BBc is the main sources of information for both muslims and others people will blieve that idea of separation?it separation must have a limit.it can't go on for centuries.and that is exactly what is happening in muslim world.

brothers islam doest not support dictatorial regimes.so the question is why all moslim countries have these treble regime? remember everyone has his own interpretation of islam.dictatorial regimes have close men who cliams ulimas,and those so called goverment clerics sets and interprets islam whatever thier msters want.

brothers that kind of islam or in other word that kind of interpretation is what i do not want to be considered.what also do not want to be considered islam is the extrimism( i mean ku xadkudub ka diinta lafteeda not what western brand moslims) prophet mohemd peace be upon him said in hadith:arabic=la tadhra'uunii.literaly meaning do not go beyond the limit islam as GOd descripe is mutawasit meaning the middle.not very extrim and not the opposite.

important note: waxaa eebbe ka baryeynaa in uu xaqa na wada tuso,carbkeena ka dhawrsho hadalka aan xaqa aheyn.

wa bilaah towfiiq.

asalaamu caleykum waxaan idinku salaama magaca ilaahey. aad ayaan u farxey marka aan arkey topican. waxa keliya wadankeena ey ku soo noqon karto waa inaan ilowno qabiilka aan u dhiibano our wadaado ayagana ey na hugaamiyaa nagu dhaqaa

ilaahey sharcigiisa oo raaliga ka yahay. walaahi aduunka waalaga socdaa hadii aan ilaahey u noqonin hada not later ?

waxaan kale oo aan rabey inaan dhaho please ha la barto diinta dhalinyaronimo yeysan idin qaadin aduunka walaahi inuu wax idin tareynin. i dont mean in aan idin wacdiyo laakin i couldnt help it and i probably think alot of people think me as a older guy or wadaad . i am not either one i am just one of you but i was doing little remind becuase we human are tend to forget easy. the mean of human is forgeter. so please halis xasuusiyo aqaaro. salaada si fiican haloo dukado weysada hala saxo ilaaheyna hanoola baryo in ilaahey wadankeena uu nooga dhigo wadin diinta islamka lagu dhaqo. waan ka soo daalney domacraadi qabiil iyo gumeysi kuli.. thank you all for give me aportunity to expres what i have in mind is long but remember i was just visiter.

Dear sayfullaah Al-Masluul

I think I have grasped what you are trying to say. I apologize for mis-judging you. It was not you who I judged directly it is your words that i've analyzed and got the wrong understanding. Our brother Rainbow made good points and as well as Cash_Flow. Thank you both. As Malcolm X says, lets not mix up the 'objectives' with the 'methods'. Our objective is to bring about a country that its laws and rules are derived from the Qur'an and Sunnah, NOT by any means necessary, but by the correct means of Rasullullah (SAW), his Khulafa's-predecessors and those who adopted a way similar (Umar Bin Abdula-Aziz and Saluhu-Diin Ayubi) and a manner the pleases Allah (SW). That is the OBJECTIVE. Allah Knows best. The Method, route, and the plan of action on how to execute that Objective could be disagreed upon. Also, lets us all agree on the fact that if a Leader is brought about in Somalia that truly believes in the same Objective as stated but has formatted and showed a different plan or method, we still must follow him and obey him, even if you disagree with his ways or methods. I hope this is agreed upon and understood. keep in mind, Omar (2nd Khalif) disagreed with Ubu Bakr (1st Khalif) on many things. For example: (1) to change Khalid Bin Walid as the head General in the Muslim army, (2) To also change Usama bin Zayd (being 18 yrs of age) from the General position and put a veteran in charge of the army in Syria, (3) and finally to fight the Murtads (apostates-those who left Islam) and many others important issues. However, the objective was clear for Omar and Abu Bakr (RA) and they did not get into silly fights or arguaments, although, their methods were different on most cases. Truly, Allah knows Best.

Qac Qaac   

Sayfullah al-masluul

R u saying Muawiyah's rule was a dictatorship bro?

if yes where is your sources coming from... state it very clear for us.... ok...