Sign in to follow this  
Complete

Soaring Gas Prices

Complete   

Naxar Nugaaleed;700849 wrote:
^ what surprises me is how gullible these people are, there was a talk of the administration considering the use of oil reserves as if supply had anything the speculators responsible for souring gas prices.

During the BP spill, there was a report that said that the United States had enough reserves to last the entire country for another 20 some odd years but they laid out a very strict rule to when those reserves can be used.

Som@li;700850 wrote:
without OiL, the world will stop , the higher the price, the more companies will be willing to invest in poor, unstable countries like Somalia. So there is an opportunity for Somalis.

How so? I somehow can't make the connection.

Che -Guevara;700855 wrote:
What's higher gas prices?
:D

Feels good not to drive:cool:

Where do you live? Driving is all that we do here.

The Zack;700866 wrote:
It gives me about 15 miles per gallon.

Do you drive a Taco?

Ibtisam   

Wait: you guys are complaining about $66-$70 for a whole tank?, seriously that is cheaper than London- its around £65 here- which is I guess $80 or so; But then again normally people just use the public transport. Me thinks the prices need to go up a bit more to keep up :D

The Zack   

^There is no public transportation here at all so we have no other options but to pay whatever these gas companies ask for. In other words we are screwed LOL.

bilan   

Zack move to Boston, they have fabulous public transportation, but I do not understand why you guys have such big cars??

Complete   

Our transportation systems here reek too. Though I do love taking the coaster and the trolley on my spare time.

I've taken it upon myself to document these soaring prices. Here they are:

Northern (coastal)

IMG_0331.JPG

Northeastern

IMG_0332.JPG

IMG_0333.JPG

I'll visit Eastern counties as well as Southern inland and coastal counties.

Jacpher   

The sad part of it is that regardless of the unrest in the Arab World, nothing is changed in the supply and demand. Whatever oil production lost to Libya's unrest, Sacuudiga said it would increase its production to avoid interruption in the market. Yet oil price continue to go up due to price speculation by big oil companies and big banks. They bet on oil that has not yet come out of the ground and set the price. You and I will have to pay for whatever the price their stup1d betting games determine. These companies waa hadda in ay shaqshaqaan jeebka. Ten or twenty years later, cars with higher gas mileages will fill the market.

Zack: Truck xaad kuu fashay? Ma beeraleey baad noqotay?

nuune   
Zack, that toyota tuntra, if it is laba shirley, it is called qooqan, Afrikay ku fiicantahey, that 4 yrs old, lacag fowqal caqli ayaa lagaa siin, but its shipment over there might cost you alot I guess, still dhabal faa'iido ayaad heli, hadaad ayagoo raqiis ah heyso ila soo socodsii, qooqantaas oo kale anaa suuq u hayo!

The Zack   

Vans, thanks for sharing those pictures, it is getting worse here but I think you guys in the west are the worst LOL.

Bilan, You are correct, Boston has a very good public transportation but the commuting time doubles compared to where I live. I work about 30 miles away from where I live and it takes me 25ish minutes to get there. If I lived in Boston that 25 minutes can turn to an hour or even more.

Che, LOL@redneck, how so? Because of the truck talk? Jilib waligaa ma tagtay?

Jacphar, LOL@beeraley.. arimo kalaa jiray markii la gadayay sxb. Waa runtaas the gas prices didn't really go up for these companies, they are just taking advantage of us.

Nuune, LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL@Qooqan.. war magacaas waan ilaaway cabdow. Dabaqalaal ma aha miyaa iyada? I know ineysan Cabdi Bile aheyn. I am actually getting ready to sell it soon, line-kaa heysid soo diyaari.

ElPunto   

I can't say I feel sorry for the Americans. Canada is the number 1 exporter of oil to the US but our prices are higher. Bloody taxes.

Tuujiye   

zack I just sold my New Pathfinder lol so you better get rid off that..

I had two cars but got rid off one and replaced it with a smaller car (Nissan Sentra) lool

I wish we lived in a place like UK yaaqee.. Ama yurub oo kale. Dadka dhan waa la lugeeyaa ama bas or train ayaa la qaataa.. Laakiin here in north America, if you wanna get things done and be independent, you must have a car. Our Transportation system sucks! specially here in Canada even in T.O which is one of the best in Canada.

Here in Canada we don't use Gallons but if you convert our Litters to Gallons, the prices are the same. We pay 1.22 a litter here in east side 1.22 x 3.79 = 4.62 gallons lool you see the west coast of Canada and North is even a lot higher than that lool.. How do we sell most of our gas to US and pay more than them? does that make sense lol....

Anyways aniga ayuuutooo! aan joogaa yaaqee....

Wareer Badanaa!!!