Sign in to follow this  
Complete

Soaring Gas Prices

here it is $1.3/L which comes to around 6$/Gallon.

I filled up the truck yesterday for $120. fortunately I drive a company owned vehicle. I used to pay out of my own pocket and get re-reimbursed. now I just fill up and don't have to worry about prices.

but I agree, the prices are rising.

Buuxo   

For those of us in Australia and New Zealand we are paying between $1.60 - $ 2.22/litre = $6-8/US Gallons.

I have sold my car and I am trying to cope with sub-standard public transport and carpooling with family /friends.

Kool_Kat   

Gas prices jumped nearly .06 cents overnight! WTH!!! It is nearly $1.4/liter this morning...

I'm slowly starting to regret upgrading to a SUV! :( Labo jiiro kadib, gas baabah...

My local shell station is charging £1.42 per litre, or roughly $12 per gallon in US talk. Yes folks in the UK we get charged by the litre:-( its killing my wallet.

Complete   

Gheelle: Xageed reflection-kayga ka aragtay? Indho dheerida

Aaliyyah: It's not that we don't have public transportation. The city I reside in is the second largest city in the United States. It's the mere fact that you lose more time and energy hopping from one system to the other. And also the fact that they simply SUCK!

Axmad InaJaad: I was expecting indhadheeri. My Persian friend says thank you ;). Oh BTW it happens to be a HE :D.

*Blessed: That lasted for just about three and a half days. Mind you, it was half a gas tank.

Geel_jire: Wait. You use the company gas pump?

*Buuxo*: I feel you on the hurt. I've contemplated about that but I like to be independent and roam about the city however I please.

Kool_kat: Gallon wise, you guys pay way more than us. Sometimes I like to thank the American metric system. It really does us justice.

Sensei   

Vans;700839 wrote:
Do you feel it too? 'Cause I sure hell do.

I honestly feel that the pump just raped my pocket. I find it ridiculous to be paying $4.21 a gallon and not have it being a premium. *Clenches pocket*

Screw it. I'm pedaling my behind to school and I sure hell will introduce myself to the public transportation system while I am at it.

Lol, I actually drove for about 30 mins for the past couple of days. I metro in/out baby.

lol vans no way thats a he. unless ur persian freind recently got a sex change.

in toronto gas is 1.40 a litre, and i hate taking the public transit. i need to invest in a vespa

Aaliyyah   

Vans I agree with you. Driving does give u that extra freedom..bt all im saying if its too expensive drop ur driving habit for a while.

Kool_Kat   

The Zack;718212 wrote:
Gas prices are actually coming down these days. We shall see how cheap they can be.

Maxaa tiri? Prices are coming down? Not in my neck of the woods! Matter of fact, prices went up again overnight, it is now $1.41+ per liter...

Thank God I don't have to drive my daughter to school every morning and pick her up, and my work is less than three minute drive...Which I can probably just walk to/from work, but I would hate to put all that mileage on my pretty feet! :P

The Zack   

Kool_Kat;718408 wrote:
Maxaa tiri? Prices are coming down? Not in my neck of the woods! Matter of fact, prices went up again overnight, it is now $1.41+ per liter...

Thank God I don't have to drive my daughter to school every morning and pick her up, and my work is less than three minute drive...Which I can probably just walk to/from work, but I would hate to put all that mileage on my pretty feet!
:P

Yes, KK, the gas prices are getting better in where I live. $3.79 a gallon is what I paid today. I never understood why the gas prices are always higher in Canada when Canada produces its own gas. The US buys some 30% of its gas from Canada and yet Canada's gas is more expensive for the consumers. Talk about consumer rights..dheh.

LOL@mileage on your feet.. soo inta Xamar kusoo lugeysay Utanga lug kuma iman 1991kii, I say you already have enough mileage on your feet :D.

Actually you should be pretty grateful that your job is only 3 miles away from home, one gallon can get you going for a week unless of course you roam around the city in the weekends. The fact that you drive SUV won't help it either.

The Zack   

Drivers Line Up For Cheap Gas After Glitch Lowers Price To $1.10/Gallon

When people in the L.A. neighborhood of Wilmington began to get word that a Valero gas station was selling gas for the low, low price of $1.10 a gallon, there were soon cars lined up around the corner. But this wasn't some crazy promotional discount; it was a computer glitch that lost the station's owners thousands of dollars.

According to KCAL 9, it took a few hours for the on-duty attendant to realize that it wasn't the late '80s and that people weren't queuing up just to see his pretty face. In the meantime, police had arrived on the scene to direct traffic around the station.

When the station owner finally got wind of his unintended generosity, he shut down all the pumps until the problem could be fixed. He estimates that he lost around $21,000 because of the glitch but says he hopes that at least some of the people who got discount gas will come back and buy stuff at his convenience store in the future.

- Consumerist