Sign in to follow this  
o0o

Islamic Quiz

raula   

Mansha-Allah and JZK all for the inputs.

I apologize if I did jump in the middle. Now the prophet (s.a.w) was very fond of this lady whom ended up getting married to Zaid Ibna Haritha (r. c.)and they had a son by the name Osamah. (she was the prophet's (s.a.w) nanny during his parents life and after their death -peace be upon them). The prophet (s.a.w)would say "she is my mother after my natural mother"

2.When the people of Ad' disobeyed Allah s.w. command and signs, He(Allah s.w.) sent unto them a furious wind, that made a distinct sound-what is the name of this wind?(Hint: there is a river on the East that has the same name as the wind)

Muhammad   

Asalaamu Calaykum walaalayaal, Ramadaan Kariim.

Originally posted by Rashiid:

Which one is the best story in the holy Koran?

Akhi this question is not clear, All of the stories in the Quraan are all important and good, but are you asking for a specific story?

Who was the Sahabi that Allah ordered Prophet Mohamed (asw) to recite to him one of the Surah of the Holy Koran?

Ibn Mascuud(ra)

Abdallah ibn Mas'ud (may Allah be pleased with him) reports as follows:- Once the Holy Prophet (may Allah's blessings and peace be upon him) asked me to recite the Qur'an to him. I said: "O Messenger of Allah! The Holy Qur'an has been revealed to you and you ask me to recite it to you!" "It is my wish, " he said, "that I hear it from some other person". So I began to recite, beginning from the Sura an-Nisa, and when I reached this verse:
"But how (will it be with them) when, We bring of every people a witness, and We bring thee (O Muhammad) a witness against these," (4:41).
I chanced to glance at his auspicious face and saw that tears were rolling down from his eyes. (Tirmidhi)

Originally posted by Warrior of Light:

salaam,

The Prophet who passed through various stages of authority and slavery was Prophet Yusuf.(Joseph)

Regarding the death of Prophet Zachariah, beleive it occured after his sons death Prophet Yahya Ibn Zachariah(John)AS except he was killed in Masjidil Aqsa. The reason the tyrant ruler of then in Isreal-(Palestine) Herold wanted to marry his brothers daughter Salome which was haram as its incentous. Due to power, lust and human weakness Salome asked for the Prophets head so that they can rule and go against the Allahs(Jewish) beleif at that time. In the end its known that the children of Isreal were later punished by invasions.

*I could be wrong, thats what I remember*

Sis WOLight,

Right you are on both questions, MaShaAllah.

Raula,

When the people of Ad' disobeyed Allah s.w. command and signs, He(Allah s.w.) sent unto them a furious wind, that made a distinct sound-what is the name of this wind?(Hint: there is a river on the East that has the same name as the wind)

As the quran mentioned the wind was: Sarsar : This means cold, and Atiyah means, it blew fiercely upon them without any mercy or blessing.

Also a hadith mentions as following:

(I was helped by an easterly wind and the people of `Ad were destroyed by a westerly wind.)I didn't know if got a proper name - Wa Allahu Aclam.

Question: the Amir Almuminin: Omar binu Abdulaziz was related to Khalifah Omar ibna Alkhatab, what was the relationship? and give a brief history if you know the story?

Question: what was the relationship between the prophet(SCW) and the Saxaabi - Zubair ibna Alcawaam?

Yonis   

Question:

Omar binu Abdulaziz was related to Khalifah Omar ibna Alkhatab, what was the relationship? and give a brief history if you know the story?

Good question brother.

Omar bin Abdul aziz was one of the great grand sons of Omar bin Khadab. Here is the complete story: very interesting!

One night, Caliph Umar as usual went in disguise with his companion Ibn Abbas to see the condition of the people. They strolled from one quarter to another. At last they came to a colony where poor people lived.

While passing by a small house, the Caliph heard a whispering talk within. The mother was telling her daughter that the amount of milk fetched by her for sale that day was very little. She told her that when she was young, and used to sell milk, she always mixed water with milk, and that led to considerable profit. She advised her daughter to do the same.

The girl said, "You adulterated milk, when you were not a Muslim. Now that we are Muslims, we cannot adulterate milk." The mother said that Islam did not stand in the way of adulteration of milk. The daughter said, "Have you forgotten the Caliph's order? He wants that the milk should not be adulterated." The mother said, "But the Caliph has forgotten us. We are so poor, what else should we do but adulterate milk in order win bread?" The daughter said "Such a bread would not be lawful, and as a Muslim I would not do anything which is against the orders of the Caliph, and whereby other Muslims are deceived."

The mother said, "But there is neither the Caliph nor any of his officers here to see what we do. Daughter you are still a child. Go to bed now and tomorrow I will myself mix the milk with water for you." The girl refused to fall in with the plan of her mother. She said, "Caliph may or may not be here, but his order must be obeyed. My conscience is my Caliph. You may escape the notice of the Caliph and his officers, but how can we escape the notice of Allah and our own conscience." Thereupon the mother remained quiet. The lamp was extinguished and the mother and the daughter went to sleep.

The next day, Caliph Umar sent a man to purchase milk from the girl. The milk was unadulterated. The girl kept her resolve. CaliphUmar turned to his companion and said, "The girl has kept her resolve in spite of the exhortation of her mother. She deserves a reward. What reward should I give her?†“She should be paid some money," said Ibn Abbas. Caliph Umar said, "Such a girl would become a great mother. Her integrity is not to be weighed with few coins; it is to be measured in the scale of national values. I shall offer her the highest award in my gift, and which shall also be in the highest interest of the nation."

The Caliph summoned the daughter and the mother to his court. The mother trembled as she stood before the mighty ruler. But the girl faced the Caliph boldly and with great equanimity. She was beautiful, and there was an impressive dignity about her. Then before the gathering, Caliph Umar related how he had overheard the mother and the daughter, and how in spite of the exhortations of the mother the daughter had kept her resolve.

Someone suggested that the mother should be taken to task. The Caliph said that ordinarily he would have punished the mother, but he had forgiven her for the sake of her daughter. Turning to the girl the great Caliph said, "Islam needs daughters like you and as a Caliph of Islam it devolves on me to reward you by owning you as a daughter." The Caliph called his sons, and addressing them said, "Here is a gem of a girl who would make a great mother. I desire that one of you should take this girl as wife. I know of no better bride than this girl of sterling character. In matters of wedlock, it should be the character and not the stature in life that should count."

Abdullah and Abdur Rahman the elder sons of the Caliph were already married. Asim the third son was yet unmarried, and he offered to marry the girl. Thereupon with the consent of the milkmaid and her mother Asim was married to the girl, and milkmaid became the daughter-in-law of the Caliph.

From this union was born a daughter Umm Asim, who became in due course the mother of Umar bin Abdul Aziz. Umar bin AbdulAziz was elected as Caliph and served for a short period during 717 - 720.

Answer for the second question:

Zubair Alcawaam and the Prophet were cousins.

Brother Muhammad, i did not forget to address you. i will response for that later tonight inshallah.

Wiilo   

Su'aal:

Waxaad sheegtaan tobanka aayadood ee markii aad xifdiso Ilaahay kaa xijaabaayo abuu dujaal?

Wabillaahi Towfiiq:..

Jacpher   

Waxaan jeclahay inay yihiin toabanka aayadood ee ugu dambeeya Suratul Kahf. Waxaa kaloo la tilmaama xadiis sheegaya inay yihiin tobanka ugu dambeeya ee isla suurada.

Sheeg nabi Qur'aanka magaciisa labo jeer kaliya lagu sheegay?

Yonis   

Brother Mohamed, there is a verse I was quoting my question from. Allah swt says

“ We relate unto you (Muhammad Peace and be upon him) the best of stories through Our Revelations unto you, of this Quran….†[surat Yusuf verse 3]

Qisatu Yusuf is the best Qisa in the holy Quran as we can read what Allah says in that verse. However, it is possible I misunderstood the verse. And the verse was saying “Qisas†which means stories in plural form and that covers the whole stories of the holy Quran are the best (not only one particular story). Any idea what I am talking about? And what do you think about this??

Walahu Aclam

About the other question, you misunderstood it brother. I said Allah ordered our holy Prophet to recite that Surat to one of the Companions, not that I said our prophet asked a Sahabi to recite some Koran for him. I know what you are talking about, but it is two different stories. Here is the story or the question I asked.

When Surat Al-Bayyinah (Lam Yakun) was revealed to the prophet, our prophet called Ka’ab bin Malik and told him that Allah has ordered him to recite this Surat to him, Kabba said “did Allah mentioned my name? Then our prophet said, “Yes†then Kabba started crying.

What a beautiful. I think you have heard about this story. I wish I could provide the link though.

Wiilo

Su'aal: Waxaad sheegtaan tobanka aayadood ee markii aad xifdiso Ilaahay kaa xijaabaayo abuu dujaal?

lol@abuu dajaal you mean Dajaal Cawar smile.gif Ramadan Kariim Sister

They are the last ten verses of Surat Al-Kahf. However, if we read the whole Surat every Friday, we will also be protected from him! Walahu Aclam

Muhammad   

Originally posted by Rashiid:

Brother Mohamed, there is a verse I was quoting my question from. Allah swt says

“
We relate unto you (Muhammad Peace and be upon him) the best of stories through Our Revelations unto you, of this Quran….†[surat Yusuf verse 3]

Qisatu Yusuf is the best Qisa in the holy Quran as we can read what Allah says in that verse. However, it is possible I misunderstood the verse. And the verse was saying “Qisas†which means stories in plural form and that covers the whole stories of the holy Quran are the best (not only one particular story). Any idea what I am talking about? And what do you think about this??

Walahu Aclam

Salaams Akhi

I actually remembered this question in last night's Taraawiih, when the Imaam recited the verse.

And yes, the verse is not saying that the Qisa of Yusuf is 'the best', but that it is One of 'The best' stories 'ever told'. So all of the stories mentioned in the Quran have the same merit.

here is the tafsir of Ibn Kathir on this verse:

Reason behind revealing Ayah (12:3)

On the reason behind revealing Ayah (12:3), Ibn Jarir At-Tabari recorded that `Abdullah bin `Abbas said, "They said, `O, Allah's Messenger! Why not narrate to us stories' Later on, this Ayah was revealed,

[نَحْن٠نَقÙصّ٠عَلَيْكَ أَحْسَنَ الْقَصَصÙ]

(We relate unto you the best of stories...)'' There is a Hadith that is relevant upon mentioning this honorable Ayah, which praises the Qur'an and demonstrates that it is sufficient from needing all books besides it. Imam Ahmad recorded a narration from Jabir bin `Abdullah that `Umar bin Al-Khattab came to the Prophet with a book that he took from some of the People of the Book. `Umar began reading it to the Prophet who became angry. He said,

«أَمÙتَهَوّÙÙƒÙونَ ÙÙيهَا يَا ابْنَ الْخَطَّابÙØŸ وَالَّذÙÙŠ Ù†ÙŽÙْسÙÙŠ بÙيَدÙÙ‡ÙØŒ لَقَدْ جÙئْتÙÙƒÙمْ بÙهَا بَيْضَاءَ Ù†ÙŽÙ‚Ùيَّةً، لَا تَسْأَلÙوهÙمْ عَنْ شَيْء٠ÙÙŽÙŠÙخْبÙرÙوكÙمْ بÙØ­ÙŽÙ‚ÙŽ ÙَتÙكَذّÙبÙونَهÙØŒ أَوْ بÙبَاطÙÙ„Ù ÙَتÙصَدّÙÙ‚ÙونَهÙØŒ وَالَّذÙÙŠ Ù†ÙŽÙْسÙÙŠ بÙيَدÙÙ‡ÙØŒ لَوْ أَنَّ Ù…Ùوسَى كَانَ حَيًّا مَا وَسÙعَه٠إÙلَّا أَنْ يَتَّبÙعَنÙي»

(Are you uncertain about it Ibn Al-Khattab By the One in Whose Hand is my soul! I have come to you with it white and pure. Do not ask them about anything, for they might tell you something true and you reject it, or they might tell you something false and you believe it. By the One in Whose Hand is my soul! If Musa were living, he would have no choice but to follow me.) Imam Ahmad also recorded a narration from `Abdullah bin Thabit who said, "`Umar came to Allah's Messenger and said; `O Messenger of Allah! I passed by a brother of mine from [the tribe of] Qurayzah, so he wrote some comprehensive statements from the Tawrah for me, should I read them to you' The face of Allah's Messenger changed [with anger]. So I said to him, `Don't you see the face of Allah's Messenger'' `Umar said, `We are pleased with Allah as our Lord, Islam as our religion, and Muhammad as our Messenger.' So the anger of the Prophet subsided, and he said,

«وَالَّذÙÙŠ Ù†ÙŽÙْس٠مÙحَمَّد٠بÙيَدÙÙ‡ÙØŒ لَوْ أَصْبَحَ ÙÙيكÙمْ Ù…Ùوسَى Ø«Ùمَّ اتَّبَعْتÙÙ…Ùوه٠وَتَرَكْتÙÙ…ÙونÙÙŠ لَضَلَلْتÙمْ، Ø¥ÙنَّكÙمْ حَظّÙÙŠ Ù…ÙÙ†ÙŽ الْأÙÙ…ÙŽÙ…ÙØŒ وَأَنَا حَظّÙÙƒÙمْ Ù…ÙÙ†ÙŽ النَّبÙيّÙين»

(By the One in Whose Hand is Muhammad's soul, if Musa appeared among you and you were to follow him, abandoning me, then you would have strayed. Indeed you are my share of the nations, and I am your share of the Prophets.)''

Allah knows best!

Yonis   

Brother Muhamed, Jazakallahu kheyran for the time you spent to share that useful link with us. I also thought that way after I went back and read the verse very carefully.

Ducaqabe

I think your question has more then one answer. Nabi Ilyaas was mentioned in the holy Koran two times Surat Al-Ancam verse 85 and Surat Safaat verse 123, as I have seen so far. I also saw that Prophet Dul-Kifli, and Idriis were also mentioned two times. Correct me if I am wrong.

New Questions:

Surah Yusuf was named after prophet Yusuf (asw) and his name was mentioned in the surah many times. Surah Nuux was named after Prophet Nuux (asw) and his name was mentioned over and over in that Surah…. Surah “Jin†was also named after a group of Jin who heard the holy Koran and then converted to Islam and so on. So my question is name the only two surah of the holy Koran that their names were not taken out from its original content?

How many Surah are Madaniyah and how many Surah are Makkiyah?

Haneefah   

^^I think 86 are Makkawi and 28 are madinawi. Will have to think about your former question.

I have a new question:

What was the supplication prophet Musa made when he was commanded by Allah to go see Fir'awn?

^ He prayed to have a companion (Harun) to assist him and asked to have his speech defisit corrected .

Dont remember the surah (Taha???) verse goes like this > Rabbi Shrahli sadri wayasirli Amri, Wahlul Ukdatan minal lisaani yafkahul kauli, wajaali wazira minal ahli Haruna akhii .....

Qn. The prophet SAW had once said "There are three persons among the Ansar whom no one could excel in virtue" Can you name them?

One of them (Sahabi) was known for his love of Ibaadah, hit by 3 arrows he still remained in prayer of Tahajuud. While in prostration he woke his fellow companion of the night to take over and guard them as he was wounded.

Just found it , the supplication in detail by Ibn Kathir.

The Supplication of Musa

[قَالَ رَبّ٠اشْرَحْ Ù„ÙÙ‰ صَدْرÙÙ‰ - وَيَسّÙرْ Ù„ÙÙ‰ أَمْرÙÙ‰ ]

((Musa) said: "O my Lord! Open for me my chest, and ease my task for me.'') Musa requsted his Lord to expand his chest for his mission. For verily, He was commanding him with a great task and a weighty affair. He was sending him to the mightiest king on the face of the earth at that time. He was the most arrogant and severe of all people in his disbelief, and He had the largest army and the most powerful kingdom. He was the most tyrannical and the most obstinate of rulers. His case was such that he claimed not to know Allah at all, and that he knew of no god for his subjects other than himself. Along with this, Musa lived in his home for a period of time as a child. He stayed in Fir`awn's own room and slept on his bed. Then, after this, he killed one of their people and feared that they would retaliate by killing him in return. Thus, he fled from them and remained an outlaw during this entire time. Then, after all of this, His Lord sent him to them as a warner calling them to worship Allah alone, without associating partners with Him. This is why he said,

[قَالَ رَبّ٠اشْرَحْ Ù„ÙÙ‰ صَدْرÙÙ‰ - وَيَسّÙرْ Ù„ÙÙ‰ أَمْرÙÙ‰ ]

(O my Lord! Open for me my chest, and ease my task for me.) This means, "I cannot perform this task if You do not help me, aid me and support me.''

[وَاحْلÙلْ عÙقْدَةً مّÙÙ† لّÙسَانÙÙ‰ - ÙŠÙŽÙْقَهÙواْ قَوْلÙÙŠ ]

(And loosen the knot from my tongue, that they understand my speech.) This is referring to the lisp that he had. This lisp was a result of an incident when he was presented a date and a hot coal stone and he placed the coal on his tongue instead of the date. A detailed explanation of this story is forthcoming in the following chapters. However, he did not ask Allah to remove this affliction all together. Rather, he asked for removal of his stammering so the people would understand what he intended in his speech. He was only asking for what was necessary to deliver his message. If he had asked for the removal of his affliction in its entirety, it would have been cured for him. However, the Prophets do not ask for any more than what is required. Therefore, he was left with the remnants of this accident that took place with his tongue. Allah informed of what Fir`awn said concerning him,

[أَمْ Ø£ÙŽÙ†ÙŽØ¢ خَيْرٌ مّÙنْ هَـذَا الَّذÙÙ‰ Ù‡ÙÙˆÙŽ Ù…ÙŽÙ‡Ùينٌ وَلاَ يَكَاد٠يÙبÙين٠]

(Am I not better than this one who is despicable and can scarcely express himself clearly)[43:52] This means that he is not eloquent in speech. Concerning Allah's statement,

[وَاجْعَل لّÙÙ‰ وَزÙيراً مّÙنْ أَهْلÙÙ‰ - هَـرÙونَ Ø£ÙŽØ®ÙÙ‰ ]

(And appoint for me a helper from my family, Harun, my brother.) This was also a request from Musa concerning something not pertaining to himself. That was his request for the assistance of his brother, Harun. Ath-Thawri reported from Abu Sa`id, from `Ikrimah, who said that Ibn `Abbas said, "Harun was made a Prophet at the same moment that Musa was made a Prophet.'' Ibn Abi Hatim recorded that `A'ishah went out intending to perform `Umrah and stopped to camp among some bedouins. While she was among them she heard a man say, "Which brother in this life was the most beneficial to his brother'' The people said, "We do not know.'' The man said, "By Allah, I know.'' `A'ishah said, "I said to myself about his swearing, that he should not swear such an oath, singling himself out as knowing what person was of most benefit to his brother.'' The man said, "It is Musa, when he asked for prophethood to be bestowed upon his brother.'' Then `A'ishah said, "By Allah, he has spoken truthfully.'' This is why Allah commended Musa by saying,

[وَكَانَ عÙندَ اللَّه٠وَجÙيهاً]

(And he was honorable before Allah.)[33:69] Concerning Musa's statement,

[اشْدÙدْ بÙه٠أَزْرÙÙ‰ ]

(Increase my strength with him.) Mujahid said, "This means to make my back strong.''

[وَأَشْرÙكْه٠ÙÙÙ‰ أَمْرÙÙ‰ ]

(And let him share my task.) make him my consultant in this matter.

[كَىْ Ù†ÙسَبّÙØ­ÙŽÙƒÙŽ ÙƒÙŽØ«Ùيراً - وَنَذْكÙرَكَ ÙƒÙŽØ«Ùيراً ]

(That we may glorify You much, and remember You much.) Mujahid said, "A servant of Allah is not considered of those who remember Allah much until he remembers Allah while standing, sitting and lying down.'' Concerning his statement,

[Ø¥Ùنَّكَ ÙƒÙنتَ بÙنَا بَصÙيراً ]

(Verily, You are ever seeing us.) This means in Your choosing us, giving us the prophethood and sending us to Your enemy, Fir`awn. So unto You is all praise for this.

Muhammad   

Asalamu Alaykum,

Originally posted by Warrior of Light:

Qn.
The prophet SAW had once said "There are three persons among the Ansar whom no one could excel in virtue" Can you name them?

One of them (Sahabi) was known for his love of Ibaadah, hit by 3 arrows he still remained in prayer of Tahajuud. While in prostration he woke his fellow companion of the night to take over and guard them as he was wounded.

Aishah, the wife of the Prophet, once said: "There are three persons among the Ansar whom no one could excel in virtue: Sad ibn Muadh, Usayd ibn Khudayr and Abbad ibn Bishr."

After the Prophet sent the Young Musab Ibn Umayr(ra) as the first Ambassador of the Prophet to Yatrib, these three Ansari were among the first to embrace Islam, and I believe it was Sad ibn Muad, followed by Usayb then Abbad(ra).

Sis WOL, is the Sahabi that you

are talking of Abbad ibn Bishr, who died in the Battle of Yamamah?

new Question: where did Muadh Ibn Jabal(ra) died? with whose hands did he embrace Islam? and what were some of his last words before death?

new Question: where did Muadh Ibn Jabal(ra) died? with whose hands did he embrace Islam? and what were some of his last words before death?

Ans: Muadh Bin Jabal(ra) died in Palestine, remember hewas one of the earliest missionaries in yemen, he used to live in dimscus for a while, one of youngest and most knowledgable campanion of the Holy prophet. he died because of the Daacuun(plaque or chlorea which inflicted in the area at the days of Omar. he was one of those Saxaaba who was eager to face the death and join the prophet as soon, such as Abu Dardaa, Bilal, and Maudh each one of them died his own death but they were all similar on saying "Welcome death Welcome death time to depart, and join the Prophet in Jannah". Wa allahu Aclam!!!

A La Question:

a little background:

Khalifah Omar(ra) was one of his journey, it was a dead of the night, and dark, Omar come across a carvan, Abdullah bin Mas'ud(ra) was in that caravan, unkown to Omar, Omar orderd a man with him to ask questions and start where are they coming from?

Abdullah replied, " From Deep Valley." {min Fajin Camiiq}

Where are you going? asked Omar's man

Abdullah Replied," To the Ancient House".{ila al bayati Alcatiiq}

Omar realise and said,"there must be a man of knowledge among them. Ask him:

1 - Which Ayah of the Quran is the greatest?

2 - Which Ayah of the Quran is the wisest?

3 - Which Ayah of the Quran is the most inclusive?

4 - Which Ayah of the Quran is the most fearsome?

5 - Which Ayah of the Quran is most hopeful?

And When Abdullah answered all, Omar said is inba Mas'ud among you?

questions are waiting to be answered!

raula   

I could be wrong regarding the question of what ayah's of suratul-kahf: i thought it was THE FIRST TEN verses not the last-Allahu a'clam.

((عن أبي الدرداء أن النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم قال : " من Ø­Ùظ عشر آيات من أول سورة الكه٠عصم من الدجال (( رواه مسلم

emphasis:

من أول سورة الكهÙ

((Imetoka kwa Abu Ad Dardaa kwamba Mtume صلى الله عليه وسلم kasema, Atakayehifadhi Aya kumi za mwanzo wa Suratul-Kahf atalindwa na Dajjaal )) Muslim

The above is a swahili translation meaning: it was narrated by Dardaa from the prophet s.a.w saying: Anyone who memorizes the first 10 Ayah's of suratul-kahf will be shielded from Dajjall(rawaul-muslim).

I might be mistaken, Plz shade light insha-allah.