Sign in to follow this  
o0o

Islamic Quiz

Muhammad   

Bismillah;

Makkah(Bakkah) is mentioned in this verse:

3_96.gif

3:96 The first House (of worship) appointed for men was that at Bakka: Full of blessing and of guidance for all kinds of beings:

Madinah(Yadrib) is mentioned in this verse:

9_101.gif

9:101 Certain of the desert Arabs round about you are hypocrites, as well as (desert Arabs) among the Medina folk: they are obstinate in hypocrisy: thou knowest them not: We know them: twice shall We punish them: and in addition shall they be sent to a grievous penalty.

and the country, Egypt(Misr) is mentioned in this verse:

10_87.gif

10:87 We inspired Moses and his brother with this Message: "Provide dwellings for your people in Egypt, make your dwellings into places of worship, and establish regular prayers: and give glad tidings to those who believe!"

Allah Knows best!

Muhammad   

new question:

what is the name of the city that is mentioned in the Quran, that had "lofty pillars, The like of which were not produced in (all) the land?"

and which people lived in this city?

fi'amanillah

Originally posted by m u h a m m a d:

new question:

what is the name of the city that is mentioned in the Quran, that had
"lofty pillars, The like of which were not produced in (all) the land?"

and which people lived in this city?

fi'amanillah

Iram...?

Allah (SWT says, "Saw you (O Muhammad (saw) not how your Lord dealt with 'Ad (people) of Iram (who were very tall) like (lofty) pillars, the like of which were not created in the land?" (Al-Fajr 6-8)

About brother Rashiids questions...Eygpt? Oh..I was thinking it was Jerusalem

What do we call the Angels who write down what we do?

Muhammad   

^ correct sis, may Allah(swt) increase you in imaan and ilm. amiin.

answer: Hafaza Angels

"...and He sets guardians over you.". al-Anaam, verse 61

new question:

Name 8 other angels that are mentioned in the Quraan and in the hadiiths of the Prophet(pbuh)

also if you can, try to describe their duties.

fi'amanillah

Yonis   

Proud & Mohamed Jazakallahu kheyran: Egypt was also mentioned in Sura Yusuf verse 21 Allah says “And he (the man) from Egypt who bought him, said to his wife: Make his stay comfortable, may be he will profit us or we shall adopt him as a son.â€

Proud to Answer your question: they are called Raqiib and Catiid:

Question:

When the prophet peace and be upon him migrated to Maddinah whose house he lived as a temporary before he was built his house?

Yonis   

Oh, i deleted it bro.i am going to repost it again. inshallah i will answer yours some other time. i only know 6 at the momen.

Zabaaniyah, Jibriil, Cisraafil, Maka'Il, Raqiib and Catiid.

Haneefah   

Insha'Allah, for those of you who post questions, try and provide some feedback eh.

Originally posted by m u h a m m a d:

ok walaal;

Q) How old is The Qur'aan? and How old is Islaam?

How come no one answered these? Let me take a shot. I believe the Qur'an is 1438 yrs old approx., as far as Islam is concerned, I'm not exactly sure about the timing but I believe prophet Ibrahim was the first Muslim, right?

RedSea   

Dear Hasseena,

Just to clear up your doubts. Yes the Quran is a perfection for the previous revelations as well as a new message that will guide us as time changes. And yes all Prophets were all Muslims, They all have one thing in common that There is no god worthy of worship other than Allah. They did have different scriptures that were given to them to suit the time and situations each prophet was in. After all the defination of Islam is a self surrender to Allah, subhanahu watacala. Anyone from the times of our beloved father and Allah's friend Abraham to our dear noble Prophet who was the most loved and most rightous of anyone and anything that Allah has created can all be considered Muslims as long as each of them believed the teachings of their messagers, which was to self surrender to the creator of everything;Allah, subhanahu watacala.

Thanks and salamu calaykum.

Ramadan karim.

Yonis   

Okay Momahed, here is the answer of your question.

1- Gabreil

His duty was revealing the Waxyi to the prophets of Allah!

2- Maka'il

3- Cisraf'il

4- Zabaniya

Alahu Aclam

5- Harut

6- Marut

These two angels have come down to the earth once when Prophet Suleiman was alive and Sheydaans were teaching people some kind of Sixr. But other than that I have no idea what their job is.

7- Munkar

8- Nakiir

Their duty is questioning us in the grave!

Walahu Aclam!

Muhammad   

» Asalamu Alaykum fellow Believers

sis Abrar, your correct

The Quraan was first revealed in 610 AD, 12 years before the Hijrah, so The Quraan is about 1438 years(Lunar) old.

Islaam - began with Adam(as), so Islaam didn't start with Prophet Muhammad(as) in 610 AD.

bro Rashiid: You are correct.

Jibriil - is the Angel that brought revelations to all the Prophets

Mikaa'iil - is the Angel that brings thunder and lightning to Earth, the Angel of sustenance.

Israafiil - is the Angel that will signal the coming of Yawmal Qiyamah by blowing a horn.

+

Izraa'iil - is the Angel of Death, Malakul Mawt .

Allah Knows Best!

Yonis   

Zabaniyah was mentioned in the Quran. I don’t know if it is a group of angels or it is a name for those who guard the hell.

Surah Al-Alaq verse 18, Allah says “We will call out Zabaniyah (the guards of Hell)â€

Allahu Aclam

Next question:

Who was the first companion or first person in Islam who shed blood of an infidel?

Viking   

Originally posted by Rashiid:

Next question:

Who was the first companion or first person in Islam who shed blood of an infidel?

Rashiid,

Ali ibn Abi Talib was the first to shed the blood of an an infidel (Walid bin 'Utbah).

Question:

Who was the first Muslim leader to sit on a throne?