Sign in to follow this  
sheherazade

Seen the Prophet(pbuh) in a dream?

I did once a few Ramadans ago. I was in a crowd of men when I look up and see the Prophet(pbuh) on the other side of the crowd, dressed in white, head bent, advising someone. I make my way through the crowd, intent on reaching him, talking with him. There are men everywhere, I weave past them, through the crowd, closer and closer..

..and wake up before I get to the Prophet(pbuh). I'm stunned, a little disappointed but delighted.

Have u ever dreamed of the Prophet(pbuh)? Please share.

Qac Qaac   

wasn't there hadith that says if u see the prophet in a dream, u must be one of the good ppl, or u'll be entering jannah.. anyways i don't wanna give u the wrong idea.. but i would say sister look for that hadith, coz the prophet's picture in a dream, is always real and is him, coz the satan can't take the prophet's form.. anyways ask the knowledgable ppl..

i would say, u r a lucky person to see him, mash'allah what a nite site i would imagine.. i wish one day i would get the oppertunaty to see our beloved Prophet scw..

Yes, there is a hadith, bro- Satan can't take the form of the Prophet(pbuh).

It was a nice night. It was Ramadan and I was stressed and confused by a few things that were going on. Everything seemed upside-down around me. I turned to Allah. I read Quran, turned the lights out and slept.

Maashallah sis shehr. u are really a lucky person,

if u asw the prophet in a Dream, then u will se him inshallah real.. u r so lucky, iisoo ducee anna inaa rasulka ku riyoodo..

^^^^ilaah hakuu aqbalo

sheh walaahi u r lucky masha-allah waxaanba u maleenaa salaatu shukri iney kugu waajibto

theres a guy that I know, he went to the Hajj and when he came back he told my dad that he saw the prophet salabul laahi wasalaamun caleyh in a dream. my father was telling it to my mom, but he refused to tell me what was the dream about.

Senora   

^^I was kind of thinking the same thing...

God only knows how much I wish to dream such a thing....but how do you know?? And not to sound sarcastic, but is there a picture of the prophet(SAWS), or precise description. Or is it one of those gut feelings. Like you know in your heart or something...

OG_Girl, no name tag. DA, yes, it was the knowledge that u have in dreams. U just know. In fact in the dream, the moment I looked up and saw him talking to my sister I just KNEW. I thought, 'She has met the Prophet(saw) and kept it to herself!'.

I did not see his face and even if I did there would be no way of my confirming it as being his as I have never seen the Prophet(saw). And the same goes for the rest of us who never had the privilege to meet him.

All I know is this:

"He who sees me in a dream has certainly seen me, because Satan can not take my form."

How u interpret form, I don't know. Only one who had met the Prophet(saw) would know for sure that it was him. The rest of us have a pleasant dream to look forward to, inshallah.

It never occurred to me to pray for a dream in which I saw the Prophet(saw)- a lot of people devote much time to this. But I always wished beyond anything that I can describe that I was there in his lifetime, praying in his congregations and listening to his words.

The dream did bring me comfort at the time but I do not cling to it or interpret it or think of myself as ahl al Jannah as a result. Such thinking would only be folly and leave me drifting. I can't afford yet another reason(albeit a delightful one) to go astray from the straight path. I have enough weaknesses as it is. There can be hidden tests in the most rewarding of experiences.

At any rate, I wish u all pleasant dreams from Allah.

Originally posted by sheherazade:

OG_Girl, no name tag. DA, yes, it was the knowledge that u have in dreams. U just know. In fact in the dream, the moment I looked up and saw him talking to my sister I just KNEW. I thought, 'She has met the Prophet(saw) and kept it to herself!'.

I did not see his face and even if I did there would be no way of my confirming it as being his as I have never seen the Prophet(saw). And the same goes for the rest of us who never had the privilege to meet him.

All I know is this:

"He who sees me in a dream has certainly seen me, because Satan can not take my form."

How u interpret form, I don't know. Only one who had met the Prophet(saw) would know for sure that it was him. The rest of us have a pleasant dream to look forward to, inshallah.

It never occurred to me to pray for a dream in which I saw the Prophet(saw)- a lot of people devote much time to this. But I always wished beyond anything that I can describe that I was there in his lifetime, praying in his congregations and listening to his words.

The dream did bring me comfort at the time but I do not cling to it or interpret it or think of myself as ahl al Jannah as a result. Such thinking would only be folly and leave me drifting. I can't afford yet another reason(albeit a delightful one) to go astray from the straight path. I have enough weaknesses as it is. There can be hidden tests in the most rewarding of experiences.

At any rate, I wish u all pleasant dreams from Allah.

I do agree with you... just wanna make two points

First: The ginuene sight of the Prophet (SAW) in a dream is when you are able to describe him as the Sahaabah described him. That conforms with the Hadiith you mentioned above Since Shaytan cant take his form.

Second: You are right the individual should not cling onto dreams and become negligent with his/her duties and obligations towards ibaadaad.

getta run.. .

salaamaat

Viking   

I once dreamt the Quake in Suratul Zilzalah. There were fires, buildings collapsing, people running around wondering what was wrong with the earth. I realised that the time had reached and felt very bad that I hadn't worked hard enough to earn my place in Jannah. Horrifying dream!

OG Moti   

Sister mashaAllah, the prophet said (meaning) if you see me in dreams, you have seen me ..

And anyone who sees the prophet is a lucky person, Allah kheyrka kuu ziyaadiyo and may Allah keep you in the right path..

sister pray for me, and somalia cause you are a good person and you have a good faith.. Ramadan kariim

peace

QQ, when there's a sound in a valley and it's followed by its echo, the ehco may be the last thing u hear but it's still just that- an echo. ;)

LOZ, I agree that a dream in which the physical characteristics of the Prophet(pbuh)-as described by those in the know- are apparent is a genuine dream. However, I can not imagine it is the only time that a dream involving the Prohphet(saw) is genuine.

Take for instance my dream, I saw nothing to prove that it was not the Prophet(pbuh). I didn't hear any instructions or see anything that confused me or conflicted with the Shariah. There is no way of knowing if it was the Prophet or not- I did not see his face. The dream is inconclusive. It may not have been him. But it could have been and if that were the case then a genuine dream it was. Wa Allaahu yaclam.

OG_Moti, I have been praying for the Ummah as a whole. I used to mention Somalia specifically; you've reminded me that I don't anymore. I shall reintroduce her, inshallah. Thanks for calling me and my faith good but remember the dream is inconclusive! I'm as fallible as any slave.

I pray that Allah forgives us our past sins and makes us dwellers of Paradise, inshallah.