NGONGE

The SSC Predicament!

AYOUB;848106 wrote:
Val inabti, Khatumo2 might be 6 months old but that's part of predicament. There was Khatumo1, SSC, Khususi, Darwishland etc etc. Not long ago most if not all supporters of this faction were embedded with pirates.
:)
The 6 months leadership term of this movement says it all. By January, Aaliyah might be telling us "Galaydh is just an individual".

Ayoub, yup, there's been quite a few changes, but all of it has occurred over the last two and a half years. The SSC and Khusuusi were formed in the same meeting in Nairobi a couple of years ago and the Khatumo meetings started last year following a lot of frustrating and haphazard activities. It's been a process of refining, if one looks at it that way. However there's no denying there are real problems but those problems require time to be resolved. I can't say whether Khatumo will still exist in a year's time or will be replaced by something else, Ilaahay uun baa og, I also don't know if all of these issues will be resolved in the next few years or at all - what is clear to me though is that the population fully supports Khatumo and that's good enough for me for now.

NGONGE   

Val, I think you misunderstood where I am heading with my questions here. I know that Khaatumo is only six months old and I do not have any criticisms regarding what has been achieved in those six months. To tell the truth and being, as it were, a “Somalidiid” such achievements are not things I would go out of my way to measure or appraise. I agree that it would be unfair to compare a six month Khaatumo to its counterparts when these others have had years to work on, improve and advance their states. However, when it comes to the media (and web based media at least) there is a level playground there.

There is an abundance of partisan (and none partisan) websites on the net that cater for all clans, political persuasions and leanings. There is a wealth of writers that champion, criticise or waffle about their preferred regions and those they oppose. Many of these writers are very readable, even when they’re being clearly biased or extreme. Khaatumo, as far as I can see, only has the infamous Osman (and occasionally Ms Abdi). Yet, Khaatumo (like all other Somali administrations) has a massive following in the Diaspora. Surely, it stands to reason that it should (like all the others) have its own writers, lobbyists and publicists!

I don’t take Khaatumo seriously because the faces of Khaatumo I am exposed to in the news (and in SOL) are Osman (and his crazy articles) or Liibaan and his weepy videos (or Ms Abdi and her reactionary twaddle, though she’s the most readable of the lot and most vexing for wasting that talent with her tabloid like nonsense). None prompt me to think this (Khaatumo) is something that will last.

YOU need to do something about it, Malika does and all those Khatumites who you believe to be intelligent, grown up and able. And I don’t mean that you have to post it here on SOL (though you can if you like), I am talking about doing it in the Somali media as a whole. In fact, you wouldn’t even have to use your own name; A&T has monopolised WardheerNews by posting articles under several identities and every single one of them seems to have developed its own following (though Mukhtar and Marwa are the most popular).

AYOUB   

^ It's not Marwa but Dahabo. :)

Val, I hear you. But what I need you to address is land and resources predicament Khatuumo faces. How does it plan to deal with other residents of Sool, Sanaag and Togdheer? Most other clans found it bizarre when Garaads stood beside the likes of Yey and claimed the land was H@rti's. Clear the air, will you?

Taleexi;848156 wrote:
XX: Haddaanan waxaan doonayo garanayn waxaas oo hadal tiro ah ma soo qoreen. Qodxaha, bohollaha, jalaqa, hagardaamada siyaasadeed ee iga xiga inaan higsado hadafkayga ma moogani balse si habaysan oo kala hormarine ku jirto baan u hormaynayaa, sidaan u hummaag xumahay uma habacsani

Maya waxad doonaysid waan ogahay laakin sidad wax ku doonaysid ayaan garan adigu ma taqanid sida aad qodaxada tol ku sheegu ay ku daadiyeen sida la iskaga eego. Waxa ba hawl yar baad u haysata bahashan madax banaanida walo so dhidida wa inad qoorta meel walba galisid xita haday meelaha qaar laga sar saro.

NG,

I understand you now. And as much as I appreciate being thought of as intelligent, am not interested in publishing my opinions in the Somali media. LoL. I might share my views here and there on SOL but an earnest political analyst I am not, unlike Abtigis. He has a real gift that one and I refuse to belief he's either Marwa or Dahabo. Don't play with my mind!

AYOUB,

Kaalay do you think I have ready-made answers in my pocket? I don't know... As far as I can see, this issue of shared land and scarce resources is as much an issue for SL as it is for KH. The only path to resolution I see is one facilitated by the madax-dhaqameed and residents of the shared cities and towns. Some sort of an accord that's fair, balanced and accepted by the people who live together in those areas. As for the territories that are not shared and belong to Khatumo, I do believe that is theirs to do with as they please.

Somaliland: Hagaltosie Assumes Ministerial Mantle

Monday, 22 October 2012 14:27

Hon Suleiman Isse Ahmed Hagaltosie, Resetlement MinisterBy: Yusuf M Hasan

HARGEISA (Somalilandsun) – It is official, Hagaltosie has exchange militia uniform with a political gown

Hon Suleiman Isse Ahmed 'Hagaltosie' has officially assumed the office of minister of Rehabilitation and Rural Development at a colourful ceremony witnessed by hundreds of people among them Traditional leaders, legislators, opposition party bosses and senior public officials at the Civil Service Commission Hall in Hargeisa.

While handing over the outgoing resettlement minister Hon Abdirazak Ali Osman briefed on achievements garnered during his one-year tenure among them construction of three resettlement areas for refugee/returnees as well as construction of 75 permanent houses for vulnerable persons in Burao the Togdheer regional capital.

The immediate resettlement minister was recently appointed Industry minister after the appointment of Hagaltosie to the resettlement portfolio during a mini-reshuffle effected by the president H.E Ahmed Mahmoud Silanyo last week.

Upon receiving official documents and keys to his new office Hon Suleiman Isse Ahmed 'Hagaltosie' the new minister of Resettlement and Rural Development thanked the president for appointing him as well as the entire citizenry for the support accorded him since signing of the Buhodle peace accords.

"I promise to repay the president's and citizens confidence in me by working diligently and honestly in pursuit of availing Somalilanders at all corners of the country with effective services that pertain to my portfolio" Said Hon Hagaltosie.

The incoming resettlement minister is the former Sool, Sanaag & Cayn (Ain)-SSC militia commander who rehabilitated his Buhodle people back to the mainframe national life after signing a peace accord with president Silanyo.

The peace accord that entailed disbanding of the SSC militia and their subsequent assimilation into the security forces, cessation of hostilities, return of escaped residents, appointment of area residents into senior government positions and provision of public services etc. is in full implementation with the Hagaltosie appointment cementing the accord.

Since the accord was signed and implementation effective initially with the release of SSC members from Mandera maximum prison, residents of Buhodle region are enjoying life devoid of never ending skirmishes between militias and the national army.

NGONGE   

The predicament has got even more complicated. They are still not talking to the Imam, have not made peace with SL and now, disastar of all disasters, they seem to have fallen out with the Somali government itself!

Where will this leave Khaatumo?

Should they make peace with the Imam and, as a result, realise their dream of Somali unity? Should they swallow their pride and throw their lot in with Somaliland?

The Jubbaland debacle has shown that this Somali government will not accept arbitray Federal States that don't fulfill the conditions set in the Somali constitution. Therefore, Khaatumo could not hope to carry on being Khaatumo without choosing to join one of the entities that border it. Where will it go? Who will it choose?

They cannot make peace with the pirates since the pirates have different interests they will bring nothing of value to the pirates. They will most likely organize another conference and re declare what was declared before maybe with a new name. I think a faction with in the Khatumo faction can join SL but they will not join all of them. Problem for them they wont get any assistance from the Koonfurians may they be pirates or the Mogadishu folks.

NGONGE   

Guru, the argument of "elites" is what Somalis use on anything and any topics, saaxib. One minute it's the SL elites, the next it's the HAG elites and now it's the Khaatumo "elites". I don't personally think this is the case, I believe that in every case it is the people that choose the way they want to go and not the elites. At this moment in time, large numbers of those in Khaatumo do not want to be part of SL.

Will circumstances and displeasure with Somalia change their minds?

A_Khadar   

NGONGE;938684 wrote:
The predicament has got even more complicated. They are still not talking to the Imam, have not made peace with SL and now, disastar of all disasters, they seem to have fallen out with the Somali government itself!

Where will this leave Khaatumo?

Should they make peace with the Imam and, as a result, realise their dream of Somali unity? Should they swallow their pride and throw their lot in with Somaliland?

The Jubbaland debacle has shown that this Somali government will not accept arbitray Federal States that don't fulfill the conditions set in the Somali constitution. Therefore, Khaatumo could not hope to carry on being Khaatumo without choosing to join one of the entities that border it. Where will it go? Who will it choose?

Let us be honest, tell me what has changed from Somaliland's 22 years of seeking recognition. Khatumo's predicament is nothing comparing to what your project bares.. Bal takarta idin saaran yar dugo awoowe..

This new development is usual hurdle and Khatumo will come on top IA.. Ha u welwelin..

Daqane   

A_khadar you have to admit what Ngonge is saying is the truth, falling out with every single entity does not seem like progress or policy!

A khadar Somaliland quest for recognition has taking a different course and it will not be only searched from outside but also with the talks with Somalia clarifying the future relations between SL and Somalia. Are you saying Somaliland is in a tight position although it hasn't still achieved recognition it has larger political base better organized a functioning government. And it forced Somalia to come to the negotiation tables as 2 equal entities. Where do you see khatumo in the next coming 2 years what have they achieved the past 1 year and a half domestically internationally.

NGONGE   

A_Khadar;938755 wrote:
Let us be honest, tell me what has changed from Somaliland's 22 years of seeking recognition. Khatumo's predicament is nothing comparing to what your project bares.. Bal takarta idin saaran yar dugo awoowe..

This new development is usual hurdle and Khatumo will come on top IA.. Ha u welwelin..

Horta why do you take it as an attack ninyaho? Is daji and give your opinion on this, saaxib. Somaliland's predicament has always been Khaatumo, not the rest of Somalia (I'm sure I've said that so many times in the past). But what has changed for SL is what's causing Khaatumo's "cross roads" today. What happens next? Which road will Khaatumo choose? In fact, forget that and tell me which road YOU would like Khaatumo to choose?

Would your advice be that you should improve communication with Hassan Sheikh's government and therefore bring Khaatumo to the centre of the Federal Government's policy? Or will you advice that a bargain should be struck with the Imam in which both sides will benefit (like in the old Abdullahi Yusuf days)? (I know that, today at least, you would not advice a deal with Somaliland).