NGONGE

The SSC Predicament!

nemo   

LOL YES THAT SUITS YOU

MY APOLOGIES I JUST REALISED I DID NOT WELCOME YOU TO THE PLACE. WELCOME TO SOL ITS GOOD TO SEE FELLOW SNETTERS EVEN THOUGH IM SURE THERE ARE FEW HIDDING :eek:

nemo;753741 wrote:
LOL YES THAT SUITS YOU

MY APOLOGIES I JUST REALISED I DID NOT WELCOME YOU TO THE PLACE. WELCOME TO SOL ITS GOOD TO SEE FELLOW SNETTERS EVEN THOUGH IM SURE THERE ARE FEW HIDDING :eek:

When you said "Welcome to SOL", I felt as if I was being welcomed to Gobolka SOOL lol. I feel as if this site is named after Gobolka SOOL (SOL). haha

Thanks for the hospitality. So, again, who might you be?

nemo   

LOOL @ SOL ;) THERE ARE NO SECTIONS LIKE THAT HERE BUT NEVERTHELESS I WOULD HAVE WELCOMED YOU TO SOOL

WHO AM I? THAT'S A SECRET ISN'T IT? JUST KNOW THAT I WAS NOT A FAN OF YOU IN SNET TOO MUCH TROLLING (even though sometimes you were correct in your weird analysis ;) ) BUT HERE YOU COOL LOL

nemo;753757 wrote:
LOOL @ SOL
;)
THERE ARE NO SECTIONS LIKE THAT HERE BUT NEVERTHELESS I WOULD HAVE WELCOMED YOU TO SOOL

WHO AM I? THAT'S A SECRET ISN'T IT? JUST KNOW THAT I WAS NOT A FAN OF YOU IN SNET TOO MUCH TROLLING (even though sometimes you were correct in your weird analysis
;)
) BUT HERE YOU COOL LOL

I don't get it. If there are a lot of Snet members in here, why not just register with the same username like me? What's there to hide?

A_Khadar, I don't know whether I've bumped into him on Snet or not. lol

Carafaat   

NGONGE;697864 wrote:
Today, they are calling for Somali unity, which, I assume, is to say that they plan to wait for Somalia to sort itself out and then join it. However, what do they mean to do in the meantime? Sit about between SL and PL without any sign of improvement or progress? Declare their own
“Mamul Goboleeyd”
yet depend on those two entities (or Ethiopia) for their essential supplies? And how does the Somali unity idea work out when the clowns to the left of them and the jokers to the right both don’t recognise the TFG?

The other day, sixteen ambassadors from different countries of the world visited Somaliland. A few weeks ago, the British Minister for International Development was strolling about in the streets of Hargeisa. Late last year, the president of SL was received with full state honours in both Djibouti and Addis. In spite of all of that, recognition may not be gained any time soon (but gained it will). However, the practical recognition that exists and the avalanche of economic, political and administrative support that SL is receiving right now is bound to have a positive effect on the lives of its residents.

The declaration of independence at the start of this thread spoke about the pursuit of happiness. In my case and yours, this might involve a promotion, a new job, the purchase of a house, car or even the latest iPhone. It may involve us worrying about our children’s future and trying to enroll them in the best schools, colleges or universities. In short, it may mean that we are content with life and suffer from no great need. But what would the pursuit of happiness entail when looking at it through the eyes of a resident of Burco or Buuhoodle? And what is the difference between the two (other than the obvious clan angle)?

Now let us be clear that the progress in SL will still continue with or without the SSC, it is after all the nature of the beast and the fact that the capital receiving all these dignitaries is Hargeisa and not LA. However, the progress and development will be even better with the inclusion of the SSC group. It means that the state will be free of unrest or conflict and can concentrate on making the lives of all its citizens better than what they are now.

The SSC, of course, has many choices. It could wage all out war on SL and speed up the conclusion of this conflict (by winning or losing). It could rejoin PL and trust its fate to the unpredictable whims of the lovable Imam or it could keep things as they are today with lots of songs and hit-and-run attacks. The first choice will get them out of their predicament one way or another. The second choice is feasible but requires stronger stomachs and resolute minds (the Imam has that effect on people). The third choice (the one we are in now) is the worst of the lot for it is a pointless distraction that will keep the SSC people singing, fighting and seething with anger without any final results. Furthermore, the longer it goes on the less the early fervour will become and brighter minds will start to question the entire point, aim and goals of the struggle (worse still, internal cracks may start to appear). At the same time, SL (for that should be the main policy of Siilanyo) is likely to plough on and pour whatever international aid it receives into improving infrastructure, creating jobs and enriching the lives of people (especially those that are already in favour of SL or any that fallout with the SSC leadership). This is pure and simple politics and, because of the pursuit of happiness argument, it is also a tried and tested method; people the world over, want direction and a way to make their lives better. Yes, like the Egyptians, Libyans, Tunisians and even the SNM, they will demonstrate, revolt and come out to the streets in wild demonstrations but, at the end of it all, they will still want to see tangible results that add to the quality of their lives and improve their lot. The SSC leadership has to have a plan that goes beyond
“SL ma rabno”
or
“Farole’s fara galin”.
Having read the NSUM communiqués and followed the SSC’s declarations (not to mention the Garad’s various statements) I fail to see the actual existence of such a plan.

Southern Somali has been cursed with leaders that cannot see beyond the ends of their own noses and an Islamic movement hell bent on war. The leaders have eternally been getting caught on pointless arguments and distractions or chasing short term goals and the Islamic movement insanely believes that everything could be achieved through the barrel of the gun. There are no signs that either side will see the light soon or even change their ways.

PL too has been cursed with a mad mullah who insists on ruling with an iron fist and, as his actions through this wretched presidency of his have shown, is bound to bring the state to its knees with his endless and volatile fumbling.

Once the dust settles on the SSC uprising and the calmer, forward looking minds begin to view the wreckage that is Somalia, whilst also noticing the progress that is taking place in SL and the increasing number of international states (and bodies) that are falling over themselves to aid it, I am sure sanity will prevail and our brethren from the SSC regions will happily rejoin the republic (unless Mudane Madaxweyne adeero Siilaanyo xafidahuallah goes and does something totally
foolish
, and with him being Somali, I would not discount that too).

Anigu wan hadlay. Bal wax sheega.

Looks like Ngonge's predicment is becoming more of an option for the SSC folks. I am hearing from SSC folks close to the G6

That the idea for the Maamul to be declared at the coming Khaatumo Conference is to hold Merger talks with Somaliland. But that some folks dont even want to wait and are even ready for a early Somaliland Acquisition before holding merger talks.

So the question is not about joining Somaliland, but how to join Somaliland. Through a merger of two parties, friendly take over, hostile take over, management buy out or an public offering giving Puntland and others a chance to come with a bid.

Lol @ Khatuumo Conference is to hold Merger talks with Somaliland.

Seems like our fellow minority friends up in Waqooyi Galbeed, Togdheer and Berbera are frustrated with Reer SSC, Reer Awdal and Reer Makhir's declaration of self-determination for their regions and their clan.

Why wouldn't the SNM rebel movement, whom are all from one clan (Those that settle in Hergeisa, Berbera and Burco) simply declare their "statehood" on the bases of their Clan's territories/deegaans?

nemo   

Knight of Wisdom;753919 wrote:
Lol, BULLSHIT ! You're not Coeus. You even misspelled the username. lol

loooooool damn should have looked at that then.

Okay fine you pullied my arm im........

UNION shshhhhhhhhhhhh

nemo;753921 wrote:
loooooool damn should have looked at that then.

Okay fine you pullied my arm im........

UNION shshhhhhhhhhhhh

Hahaha, Union's eloquent writing is far from what you have displayed, my friend. Again, you failed. lol

nemo   

Any how where are ur friends? They all disappeared same time as you. Kinda glad cos the place is less-trolling ;)