Sign in to follow this  
LayZie G.

David Cameron: Multiculturalism as a state policy failed British Muslims

Just as the labour party failed Britons, Multiculturalism as a state policy failed to deliver its promise of voluntary integration in place of forced assimilation of newcomers.

If the idea of Multiculturalism is embedded in voluntary integration, where the immigrant becomes British in his/her terms without abandoning his/her culture, then Multiculturalism has failed to deliver on its promise of voluntarily integration. Under the multiculturalism policy, British Muslims became outsiders instead of insiders, says PM Cameron.

Mr Cameron said. “We have failed to provide a vision of society to which they feel they want to belong.”

As stated by PM Cameron, acknowledging failure is the first, to which end he stated that the British government failed in delivering a sound integration policy for newcomers, instead they promoted isolationism as a case in point for Multiculturalism.

Under multiculturalism, new comers were comfortable in defining their identity as "Pakistani first", British second or in the case of the Somali person, they can be "Muslim" first, "Somali" second and "British" last. It is no wonder that multiculturalism has turned the tide back, stated PM Cameron. Surely, the newcomer doesn't think there is anything wrong with continuity, why else would the government promote multiculturalism as a state policy? Karachi it is.

As a result, small towns in the British isles were renamed "little karachi" and "lil Mumbai", or in the case of Somalis, "lil mogadishu" instead of being called its native names.

Citizenry and multiculturalism could not be further apart, says PM Cameron. Under multiculturalism, British values and ideals of liberalism were lost forever, added PM Cameron.

Is the PM right in reviving this age-old debate?

...filed by LayZieG.

PS: What has Multiculturalism done for you lately, ooh ooh oooh, yeah....(remember the lyrics to the song: "What have you done for me lately?")

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/8305703/David-Cameron-blames-multiculturalism-for-Islamic-extremism.html" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

nuune   

My dear Layzie-Gaal, how do you identify yourself in the Canadian society, I assume you are:

Canadian, Cali Beesteen, Dabanyuluq, Somali, Muslim.

Integrating with the British society is easy, drink alcohol and pass out four times a day, attend their crazy naked parties, consume pork and say bad things about Islam, and say I don't practice Islam but I am just Muslim, if that is what Mr Cameroon wanted to happen, then Multiculturalism has failed cuz no Muslim will do that.

I woov you too

Herer   

nuune;693392 wrote:
My dear
Layzie-Gaal
, how do you identify yourself in the Canadian society, I assume you are:

Canadian, Cali Beesteen, Dabanyuluq, Somali, Muslim.

Integrating with the British society is easy, drink alcohol and pass out four times a day, attend their crazy naked parties, consume pork and say bad things about Islam, and say I don't practice Islam but I am just Muslim, if that is what Mr Cameroon wanted to happen, then Multiculturalism has failed cuz no Muslim will do that.

I woov you too

there is nothing 2 add.thats complete answer

Nuune, your description of vices are not the british values that echoed in the PM's speech.....and how did you know that britons attend naked parties unless you were invited to one?;)(u must tell me more about the naked parties)

going back to embracing british values in order to enhance british society, PM Cameron went on to add:

All Britons should believe in basic values of freedom and equality, and actively promote them. That means ensuring that immigrants learn to speak English and that all schools teach “elements of a common culture and curriculum”.

He discussed about the notion of separate spheres which Multiculturalism encouraged.

He called on all britons to embrace liberty.

That being said Nuune, it appears that you agree with him in context but failed to comprehend the values that he is championing.

Your interpretation of his speech is that "Britishness" is about boozing on alcohol and partying ones life away has failed the British muslims, as thought thats something unique to britons.

How do you explain the overwhelming majority of British muslims living in projects, collecting welfare or the presence in the correctional facilities?

This isn't to say all british muslims are failures. There are success stories but

according to abuu nuune, british values are all about drinking and partying away?

Whatever happened to respecting the law, engaging in public dialogue, believing in equality of all humans, denouncing intolerance? Or did you watch a separate speech on the telly? LOL

I think you need to take time to read the speech either in text or watch the video that I posted, only then can you comprehend what was said about multiculturalism by David Cameron.

more excerpts of the speech:

Frankly, we need a lot less of the passive tolerance of recent years and much more active, muscular liberalism," the prime minister said.

on Islam and Islamism:

"We need to be clear: Islamist extremism and Islam are not the same thing," he said.

on values:

A genuinely liberal country "believes in certain values and actively promotes them", Mr Cameron said.

"Freedom of speech. Freedom of worship. Democracy. The rule of law. Equal rights, regardless of race, sex or sexuality.

"It says to its citizens: This is what defines us as a society. To belong here is to believe these things."

PS: I wuv you more nuune (with a "u"), jehovah witness and all....:cool:

nuune   

^^ Layzie-Gaal, just to summarize Cameroon's speech for you in detail in half line:

His SPEECH was ONLY directed at Muslims.

Haye, want me to go on, Muslims aren't the only one's with different culture living or born in Britain, you want me to list them all, so far, Cameroon's speech didn't have much significant weight in the eyes of many politicians and ordinary citizens of Britain, many dismissed his latest show-off in the eyes of his beloved Angelina(German Chancellor).

Naga daa dee yaa Layzie, saacadan kutubta yaanan kuu soo furanin, hadhowna qeylo aad af-laba-daan taagtid smileys.gif

multiculturalism simply just doesnt work. its a facade. it has practically failed. it has encouraged segregation - which creates suspicion and fear-mongering. the uk has to assess the merits of multiculturalism. Perhaps, mr cameron is justified in his comments. the uk is indigenously a white country. foreigners must make a serious attempt to learn the culture and language of their host country. I came to visit the UK not long ago and i must say - that there was too many black/asian faces on tv. the liberal media is sowing the seeds of hatred and discontent by putting too many ethnic faces on tv. this doesnt reflect the demography of this isle nation. once you go outside the major cities like london, manchester and birmingham, there really isnt the diversity and multiculturalism which the liberal medai bombarded with the masses. they are lulling people into a false of expectation. this is a white country and the 6-10% ethnic minorties must learn to adopt, embrace and be willing to accept british values and way of life.

there has to be a collective sense of identity. for far too long this notion of cultural diversity has failed. it was new labour hyperbole. no-one has benefited from this façade, least of all the community it which were suppose to benefit. the rise of political correctness is corrosive to community relations. People shouldn’t be gagged or made to feel awkward for expressing their opinion. of course, freedom of speech has to have guidelines and hate-mongers shouldn’t be tolerated.

fear and suspicion create so called ''muslim ghettos'' according a senior member of the British parliament. these ''no-go areas'' dont bode for young muslims who are caught between two competing cultures. it has encouraged dissent and has indeed radicalizes many young muslims whose frustration and lack of integration has led them to dangerous paths on both sides of the islamic spectrum.

the uk must follow the french system of complete assimilation. however, the uk must reflect this rhetoric in the work place. they need to get rid of ethnic monitoring categories in the census – these only seek to highlight differences. the uk is at lost on multiculturalism. there has to reform and the creation of a collective national identity.

uchi   

It has become the norm to laugh & insults muslims and islam wherever you go in the western world. What is going on?

^ Well, apparently other minority ethnics already buy into the British values that the Muslims are resisting. Hmm.

Cameron loses a little bit more credibility each time he opens his elitist mouth.

Valenteenah.;693981 wrote:
^
Well, apparently other minority ethnics already buy into the British values that the Muslims are resisting.
Hmm.

Cameron loses a little bit more credibility each time he opens his elitist mouth.

asians and in particular indians are doing very well. muslims for the most part live in deprived areas and work low paid and low status jobs. Indians are just as reluctant to embrace british values - what that means?