Sign in to follow this  
Nur

Sunnah Versus Shia Discussion Forum

Gone a couple of days and this is what I return to - total turmoil :( . Having read bits and pieces of this long, tedious and quite unneccessary debate, I'm left rather numb - lost for words. In order not to be prolix, I'll point out a few observations.

1) Instead of making this a 'VS' topic, wouldnt it have made much more sense to compare the similarities and differences, not trying to prove any1 wrong, hence leaving the judgement to the readers? Then it would have been called educational.

2) Why is that whenever people disagree, the Admin is bombarded with PM's and has to step in? Its so weak and childish and just proves you cant drive your point. I must have have written this countless times, but this is a forum for voicing different opinions, however diverse. Some people should just stop being petty - its pathetic.

3) This 'ex-somalinet' members thing is gettin on my nerves. We were all part of S'net once upon a time. I feel new members are put at a disadvantage when it comes to heated discussions which involve the administration to resolve the matter. The admin always takes sides with this little 'clique' that were members right from the start or have built a 'reputation' with the moderators. I do know they try to be as fair as possible, but the fact of the matter is, old members and friends are valued a little more. Quite frankly, I'm saddened to see Feynman go. He has argued in a dignified manner and has been an excellent member. I really hope he reconsiders his decision for the sake of his friends here on SOL. I'd be terribly disappointed if members were mass banned like last time without individually considering them.

4) With regards to this topic, I think its been quite an interesting read and somewhat beneficial as I've picked up a thing or two to ponder. I deeply respect brother Nur and have always admired his approach to topics except this one, I absolutely disagree with his tone and his rather very serious insinuations.

5) Lastly, does any1 really care if OG girl is indeed 22 ppl using the same nick? NOT ME!As long as they abide by the rules and regulations, I'm happy to read what they write. Its so irrelevant who writes as OG_Girl as long as the 'writing' is in conformity with the rules and regulations.

Nur   

Sophist Walaal

Geeraar Jawaab ah:

Hoyaalayeey, hayaalayeey, hooyaaleyey Hooyeeeee

Muddo dheer ayaan dabnaha iyo damiirkaba dabar ku jiidaayey,

Anigo dareensan, maato dayacnoo diinteeda xumo badan lagaa daadajinaayay

Dariiqeyga waa kaan ka yeelay in dadka eebbohood aan dib u dareensiiyo,

Sidii Suubbanhii uu nooga digayna, inaan ka digtoonaanno

In dib markale diinta aannan uga laaban.

Duulka durba noo so galayoo daaqad walba dalaq ka soo dhahahaya.

Waa Dawaco is kaahsatay oo damacsan baddalidda diinteenna.

Ayagoo ku doodaya jeceyl durriyaddi bey

Isgarab dhigeen, Sunnadi Suubanahii iyo Dajjaalka diintisee,

Si daahsoona wexey ku dareen sun, jeceylkii citradii kuu Daaim soo dirayee.

Waa Duullaan aad mooddo iney degaan cusub diin ka fidnaayee,

waxaanse doorbiday, in aan daaha ka dulqaado coladdoodee

Iyo dakkanaha ay u hayeen kuwii raadka diinta toosan daba rucleynaayee.

Waxaase diiq iyo damqasho i galiyey, ugaadh aan dareemin dabinta loo maldahayo,

Dabadeedna waxaan doorbiday inaan soo bandhigo

Diinta ay heystaanee

Dayaxoo afar iyo tobnaada ahoo kale markaan daaha uga qaaday,

Sow taa ay dagaal iyo weerar isugu key dareeneeeee.

Composed on-line after reading Sophists touching Comments. ( I Apologise for Slandering Somali Poetry, for the aficionados)

This Poem is forever dedicated for My Dear Brother in Islam

Sophist of Somaliaonline Islam Pages

That was my best shot for a pseudo-geerar By:

Nur

Kowneyn   

There is no Sunnah vs Shia atleast not between the ahlul sunnah wa jamaaca and the authentic shia. This thread and others like it should be called "Wahhabi/Salafi vs the ummah".

Kowneyn

Sophist:-

Wa idaa nadaqa as-safiihu falaa tujibhu...... Know you the other part of this "bayt"? I have an inlking you do not!

Nur: Must you post something (even if it is "dedicated" to a specific member) that is of fetid nature. You do know that others (who disagree with you vehemently) read your posts. Oh ya, I forgot your apology. Apology accepted. smile.gif

Et al:

If one has read the the exegesis of islamic scholars then one has the luxury of enunciating evaluative descriptions of a tafsiir. As Nur is the only other member on this site who is an avid reader of arabic, I repose much confidence in his take on the different "tafaasiir"; I believe his sentiments are agreebale to mine. I wrote of Ad-Dabari and Ibn Kathir as second-rate exegets in only one sense: the philosophical argumentations and dialectics. Unlike Zamakhshari et al, some islamic scholars dare not to traverse in the territory of "reason". So the whole of caqaaid (philosophy of caqaaid) is considered "bidah", "uneccessary", and oftentimes "apostasy"; the caqaaid, as it were, is left under a blanket of blasphemy! The mutakalims and philosophers of Islam,however, justifably believe that one of the essence of God is Logic; and this is the distinctive mark of Islam as a Religon.

Perhaps if Nur has the time we can discuss the merits of the sunni exegisis. I have studied some of them in school.

With Salaams

PK

Nur   

Mutakkalim Brother

For your information, I have studied philosophy and logic in college as an elective, so I am no new to that turf, I really enjoy mental acrobatics when i have no deliverables waiting, but because time is running out for me, (i just burried a collegue we planned to buy houses together, yesterday, and a business asociate of mine who failed to show up for a scheduled business meeting due to a heart attack, he later died), I dont have the luxury that you may have, I only pay attention to the process of authentication, then weigh it against non swearving Tawxiid principles, stick to authenticated sources, and use my intelligence where it counts most, delivering.

Allah SWT says: " Wa maa tuqaddimuu li anfusikum min kheyrin Tajiduuhu cinda Allah, huwa khairun thawaaban wa khairun amalaa" You surely will find with Allah SWT ind the day of judgement, all of that which you have prepared for yourselves retirement, He (Allah) is indeed your best reward, and the best to hope for (Not the Imaams)"

An old lady is said to have seen a scholar being followed by by a crowd, when she asked what the man was, she was told, "He is the scholar who proved the exisitence of Allah with hundred proofs", the old woman responded " Leysa cindii shakun waaxid" No thanks, I have no a single doubt"

Because philosophy is based on doubt, I am so happy brother, to tell you that I feel like that old lady, wallahi, I have no single doubt, and that is the beauty of iimaan, you have to believe, to see. " Innal muniniina alladiina aamanuu billahi wa rasuulihii thummaa LAM YARTAABUU"

"True believers are those who believed (ONLY) in Allah ( His attributes and Tawxiid) and His Messenger ( Sunnah) and then never looked back in doubt)

Nur

OG_Girl   

Darman, every one knows how to cut, copy, paste and put it together pictures in different shapes. Do you think this childish behaviour can prove any thing? More importantly, these individuals are responsible for their own acts.

Can this prove any thing we are discussing here? NO and no one asked you to bring pictures here, how many times do King Fahad, Arafat, late Hussein, kissed who ever they want, be Jewish or Christians? And we are first one to admit they are Muslims! Even though most of them sell Muslim Lands, for free in order to keep themselves power?

Some one trying so hard to make follow Muslims as a Kufar and you acting this irresponsible!!?

So grow up.

Salam

Curly   

LST sorry walaal but my knee jerk reaction came about because I saw how unjust and bitter this thread had become.

Even if OG girl was guilty of anything then why is it that the admin chose to post the accusation here of all places, when he knew she was in a middle of a heated debate and by him exposing her it would lead to a loss of her creditability on this thread. I’m assuming this was some form of discrimination.

As for this laughable investigation into proving her guilty... I don’t exactly see how this is possible. As my friend OG girl tells me she uses a dial up connection and travels a lot, so the use of IP address to prove anything is useless and fruitless.

And surely you can’t be trying to prove her guilty because her manner of posting had changed a couple of times? For anyone to suggest that is an insult in its own right!

Anyways our admin isn’t perfect…no one is and I’m not being ungrateful. Because I seem to remember a time I was banned for no reason and then once I had bothered to write to him, I found out it was a mistake.

But obviously the admin didn’t admit that it was a mistake, instead he told me that someone else was banned who was using the same IP address as me, which doesn’t make sense since I use a dial up and always have. But hey saying sorry and admitting to your mistakes isn’t something everyone can do. So I’d like to say sorry for any bashful and offensive remarks I’ve made to any member of SOL and that includes the Admin.

Paragon   

^^^^ You and others have just stated the obvious, because you only know one side of the story. So please don't be hasty. Also it is not nice to chastise me for not doing enough. What do you know about what I did for Og-girl when she was banned? Ask people who are close to her, cos they know. Again, do you know what I am doing now? Or you are just assuming that I haven't done enough? C'mon now Sue, dont be judgemental please.

There is no need to orchestrate things out of propotion.

Nur

At the risk of flogging a dead horse, I will say this once more. You must concieve of the existence of God by the application of your rational elements . Should you be successful in this endeavour, then you can "learn" about the God you so concieved of in the Noble Quran. Say you have not the time to ruminate about this matter?; you must needs have a reflexion in this subject as it is of "momentous" importance.

As the arabic poet said:

tarju an-najaata wa lam tasluk masaalikahaa

inna as-safiinta la tajrii calaa al-yabasi

Considering some of the above posts, I guess I'm not the only one deeply disappointed by how this thread turned out and how some prolific nomads have behaved. Kudos to all those who managed to control their tempers and express themselves in a civilised manner.

Quite frankly, I'm saddened to see Feynman go. He has argued in a dignified manner and has been an excellent member. I really hope he reconsiders his decision for the sake of his friends here on SOL.

I'm quite gutted that Feynman decided to quit too, considering the fact that he outdid himself in this thread. I hope we haven't lost him permanently. :(

I have noticed that a few ppl here have serious problems with OG-Gal, and have persistently tried to undermine her with underhanded tactics. OG should be given the benefit of the doubt until this issue has been resovled between her and the Admin, because it has nothing to do with anyone else.

Keep your head up gal, coz I for one think your one of the best nomads on this site. And I'm sure am not the only one. ;)

Matkey   

I have been following this discussion from its inception. It is unfortunate see that there is no one single documentation or historical fact, which supports the authenticity of shia doctrine advanced by its followers. Wallaahi, I have been anticipating to read at least a single historical evidence, be that some known scholars, ahadiiths of Shia doctrine advance by its advocate as counterpoint to that of the poster. Instead, people started accusing other for some……. :(

Ilaahey hanoo gar gaaro

Sophist   

Mutakalim, if your trade is one that deals with insults--Safiih is what you have called me- then, i shall not indulge you further. Squalid sentences are better to be left an answered.