Sign in to follow this  
nafta

Wearing Da Hijab

nafta   

I noticed that many guys would sooner go out with a girl that is not wearing a hijab than one who is. Even if two girls in town are walking together and one is wearing it and other is not, than guess who they'll be looking at. I'm not saying this should be a bad thing but it does seem like Mali boys are running away from girls that show their diin and act it as well. I've seen many girls who will take off their hijab because "they want a man!" I mean it's insane that they will not get equal attention just because they're doing what allah asked them to.

Please dont think i wanna critisize anyone by this post ór I'm a sista that's being treated wrongly cuz I myself dont wear the Hijab, but it's just sumthing that's been on my mind for quite a long time now and sumthing me and the other gurls having been discussing...so what do u think. Hijab or not Hijab

Modesty   

Asalamu Alaykum,

Nafta thanks for bringing up a good topic for discussion. Hijab or no Hijab? The reason for Hijab is not only to veil your figure from men, but to let your inner beauty be known. Allah gave muslim women orders that the hijab is obliged upon them. There are a lot of girls that decide to not wear the hijab because they say that they'll wear it when their old. However, let us not forget that death doesn't discriminate against age. If you wear a hijab, don't assume you're wearing just a piece of fabric, but let it radiate through your character. A man that perfers a woman who is not following the path of Allah, or the orders of Allah is not worth chasing. Don't ever think that because of your hijab that you aren't going to find a man, belief in Allah, and you will prosper in everything.Plus, the guys don't initially approach the sister with the hijab because they respect her too much perhaps.However, the hijab doesn't automatically make you a good muslim,but the deeds of your heart do and the taqwa show in the face ;)

Modesty, excellent advice walaal. You shouldn't wear hijab b'coz of men, society, or for your parents but for the simple fact it's an order from Allah. Sister don't concern yourself whether a guy checks out a sista without a hijab more often than a non-hijabi because that's irrelevant to you as a muslim. Like the sister said, most guys(muslims) are either intimidated or respect that sister too much to harrass. So if you're a sister who's seriously giving the thought of wearing a hijab, please remember to do it for the pleasure of your Lord. Who cares what anybody else thinks because you have a greater purpose in life than to be bothered by trivial issues. We all know we live in a world today where sex-appeal plays a huge role in young people's lives.Wearing a hijab along with the right intentions, the drive to please others will diminish. Hope that helped.

Iffah   

Abaayo, don't even worry yourself about what the guys think about you. You are here for the sole purpose of working for hereafter, and getting closer to Allah.

It's true most of the guys respect the sisters that wear the hijaab. And if there intention was to fool around a bit at first, then they wouldn't approach a sister in hijaab.

That's it for me, because Modesty and Tam have covered the rest well. And I believe, you now have your answer...which is Hijaab all the way! smile.gif

Salaams.

biG mOm   

Asalaamu Alaykum Wa rahmatullaahi Wa barakaatuhu

Bismillahi ar-rahmani ar-rahiim

The Question of HIjab: Suppression or Liberation?

"Why do Muslim women have to cover their heads?" This question is one which is asked by Muslim and non-Muslim alike. For many women it is the truest test of being a Muslim.

The answer to the question is very simple -

Muslim women observe "Hijab" (covering the head and the body) because Allah has told them to do so.

"O Prophet, tell your wives and daughters and the believing women to draw their outer garments around them (when they go out or are among men). That is better in order that they may be known (to be Muslims) and not annoyed..." (Qur'an 33:59)

Allahuma yaa muqalibal quluub thabit quluubanaa calaa diinika

Asalamu Alaykum my sisterz...........

Wearing the Hijaab isn't just a matter of simply putting a piece of cloth on your head, it is an attitude, a way of thinking and behaving, and accepting yourself for who and what you are. Basically it constitutes an Islaamic way of life, it is a statement which indeed should portray a certain attitude.

WHY SHOULD I WEAR THE HIJAAB?

This is a good question and there is a beautiful answer! Allaah has commanded us with every action that is good for us and prohibited us from performing every action that is bad for us. Allaah orders the Muslim woman to wear the hijaab when she steps out of the security of her home or when in the presence of strange men. So to wear the hijaab is a source of great good for you – the Muslim woman - for many reasons. Among them: You please Allaah. You are obeying the commands of your Lord when you wear the hijaab and you can expect great rewards in return!!!!!!!!!

w/s