Somalina, can you translate Italian?

Yes Sayid, will that be cash or cheque?

------

Blessed's part :

Annagu = We

Ma matalayno = we cannot pretend

^how about a cow?

Wa hagaag, waa maxay micnaha - Al comondo viloli urbani

eatoizzata costruine una baraca per uso..........

Tto di tereno demenale della dimensione di ml......

Mahadsanid -

Blessed   

Somalina,

It's we 'won't' rather than 'cannot' and stop making it so easy for him. Let him feel the neccesity to learn Somali. Most things get lost in translation anyway..

Somalina   

:D bal fiiri waxuu sameeynaayo JB?

@Blessed--mahadsanid for the correction. Wiilka xooga ciyaal maamo waaye waa in la xanaaneeyaa xooga...lol...jk...

Sayid, waxaad soo qortey qaybta ugu koreysaa, erayga urbani uunbaan ka fahmey (city)...

kuwa xigana

eatoizzata costruine una baraca per uso..........

Tto di tereno demenale della dimensione di ml

Authorized to built a small shed for usage

The area is a governamental and the specifications are.....

Do you have qoraalka oo dhan? maxaase dhiseysaa? lol...enjoy my jacburis!

Curly   

Don't worry about, you're not alone. I've been on here a while and can just about make out words much less sentences. I have to say though it's really annoying when solers still purposely reply in Somali to my posts...if only they knew I actually skip the Somali bits :). But I wouldn't pay any of it any mind as I've noticed that when some soler write in Somali it's usually to make some silly statement or joke that bears no relevance to topics.

Lately I've attempted reading some small sentences in Somali and can make out some of it which feels like some major achievement not to mention HARD WORK. I have wondered though if people seriously use some of the words they write here day to day because I doubt it. My linguistic abilities are far better than reading and I don't use half the words I've seen on sol. My only annoyance is that I still make mistakes with tenses and grammatical gender which is always a little embarrassing when made in front of elders.

So are you here to learn or just want to know you're not alone?

Chimera   

Just talk with Somali elders, they love talking, and they lack the ego-trip of those in the 25 to 45 age category, who rather mock you than help you. The elders admire the one that seeks out his mother tongue and embrace him/her with open arms. Spend enough time with them and eventually you will be able to read sentences in Somali, then whole paragraphs and one day entire articles.

Taleexi   

War ku socota the poster. Saaxiib Chinese-ka baro baan ku dhihi lahaa iyadaa soo kobcaysee teena waqtiga ha iskaga lumin way sii dhimanaysaaye.

Taleexi;690455 wrote:
War ku socota the poster. Saaxiib Chinese-ka baro baan ku dhihi lahaa iyadaa soo kobcaysee teena waqtiga ha iskaga lumin way sii dhimanaysaaye.

Innaalillaahi wa inna illahi rajicuun - Weligay ma arkin nin Taleex ka yimid oo sidan u hadlaya!

Juxa   

Curly your spoken somali is good as it is! as to the written, just give it time dear

to the poster you are not alone, learning somali is doable if you wish to learn.

Curly   

Juxa, I wouldn't say that I was interrogated yesterday by an elderly somali woman who claimed she didn't understand a word I was saying. She then went on to ask me ludicrous questions about Somali life stock, which I have no way of knowing! She said she was sickened by the way the younger generation cast off their mother tongue like it's something to be ashamed of.

When she asked me what the purpose of learning this 'gaalo' language and it's bearing on the hereafter, but me being me I was very quick to tell her it allows me to live and work in the here and now and my ability to speak Somali has no bearing in the hereafter. Keep in mind she said she didn't understand me.

Ms MoOns   

If you honestly want to learn it walaal, trust me you will succeed. It needs time and patient and willingness.

I have no trouble speaking afsomali alxamdulilaah, but a few years ago, I was sick and tired of not being able to write/read afsomali,

so I taught myself, by reading a lot of afsomali, and kept writing, how I thought was right, and learned from my mistakes.

lol I can't say I'm perfect at it now, but atleast I can now read and write in somali.

Life is a learning process, it's about how much effort you're willing to put in it.

It meant a lot to me to speak/write/read in my native language,

if it does mean something to you, put some effort in it. I'm sure it'll be alright.

Good luck!