Sign in to follow this  
Mohammed

Anyone else who can't read Somali?

Mohammed   

Not just read, but speak it properly too. I can barely have a conversation in Somali. When I do attempt to, like for example speaking to my mum, 20% is usally Somali and 80% is English. Even worse when the 20% somali is barely understandable and mostly gibberish and mispronunciations of words. The only person who can really understand it, is my mum.

Anyone got the same problem? What makes it worse is that when you're reading the forum and half of the post you can't understand. Or even more irritating, when someone starts a post in English and halfway through, switches writing in Somali. So you get a post that's half Somali, half English.

Somalina   

:D

Translation required I guess:

Zack just asked your age....

p.s. soo dhaweey inanka, xaasidnimada iska daa (translation: welcome the guy, stop being mean)...lol...

Waan ku soo dhawayn lahaa but you cannot hadal the luqda al afsoomaaliya walaa xataa carabi midna. So you better stay meeshaad fadhido and iska qudhqudhiso biyo diirran ,, :D

Malika   

^Noooo..that is not nice. Dee miyaanadaan arkiin the progress, some of us have done since we joined SOL?

Poster, its okay. Your not the only one, take your Abti Ngonge iyo Ayee CL - their Somali was so bad, but after few years on SOL they are experts now - Ayee CL can sing Somali, Abti Ngonge can recite and compose Somali poem - dont despair!

NGONGE   

^^ He said 'read Somali'. He is lying. Everybody can read Somali, we just don't understand some of it, sometimes. :D

hamza   

You first have to determine your first language; is it afsomaali or af reer galbeed(english). For you to determine this, you got to figure out which of the two you use in your dreams.

Showqi   

Mohammed, if you want to improve your Somali............ This is the right place just take your time don't rush.

P.S Welcome to Sol

Somalina   

Jacaylbaro;690136 wrote:
Waan ku soo dhawayn lahaa but you cannot hadal the luqda al afsoomaaliya walaa xataa carabi midna. So you better stay meeshaad fadhido and iska qudhqudhiso biyo diirran ,,

Translation : I would've welcomed you but you cannot speak Somali and/or even Arabic, so

you better stay where you are sitting now and keep drinking that warm water. :D

Somalina   

Miskiinka = poor guy

Welcome the brother and stop being rude JB!

Nin wareersan adiga uguma horeyn (sorry Mohamed this one is directed at JB). :D