Sign in to follow this  
Qodax Qorax

The ONLF and its many contradictions!

The political vieuws of the ONLF are so contradicting, that I cant take the organisation and its supporters very serieuz. For example:

-Everyone who disagrees with their mission or criticizes their approach, is called “Woyane”. While the majority in the Somali region dont support the mission of the ONLF and neither that of Ethiopia. So why call the woyane while clearly they have no love for the ethiopians and ask them for their political opinion and vieuws and take that in to account.

-The Somali region, is made up of different clan groups. ONLF acknowledges this facts and at the same dismisess the 'Somali' name and calls the land, ******ia! breaking and dismissing the bond that holds together the region’s inhabitants over a relatively new clan terminology”******ia” but at the same time insisting it represents all Somali's.

-The previous name of the Liberation from was WSLF(Western Somali Liberation Front). So is ONLF liberating only the land inhabited by the O's or also by the Western Somali's? If the to be freed includes Western Somali region, why not ask me for my opinion if I want to be freed by the ONLF?

-The ONLF political charter states that the whole Somali region should secede from Ethiopia and become independent country. While ONLF supporters are against an independent Somaliland.

-ONLF's mission is to fight against Ethiopia occupation for freedom, while well armed ONLF millitant fight on the side of their clans men in rural disputes on water wells and land between pastoralist from different clans. This raises the question, who is the ONLF fighting rural pastoralist or Ethiopian army.

-ONLF is the first Somali organisation using openly clan slogans in gatherings to rally popular support, and to recruit new followers, new meat for the ideological slaughter house.

-Many ONLF supporters served proudly under the dictatorial regime of Siad Barre, at the same time opposing the dictatorial regime of Zenawi. Supporting one dictator who refused peace to many and opposing another dictator for the same fact.

These are only some of the fundamental contradictions observed in the organisation called ONLF.

Osman was an Admiral, member of the central committe, chief of the Politbureau under Siad Barre( the worst dictator in the history of Africa)

while today he is opposing another regime.

By the way he is held responsible by another fraction within the ONLF for the murder of Dr.Dalools death(former ONLF head).

Check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammed_Omar_Osman

So many contradictions.

Qodax i think geographically renaming a state that is outside their control is as effective as renaming a chid who doesn't belong 2 you u as of today , the O'gdan region is under the control of the TPLF regime of Ethiopia. And renaming it will only cause confusion the onlf leaders know that to. The name was given to the region by the colonial powers. So i think the point their using is that the name has historical signifiance for the region. i think if you name it the somali galbeed region it will be associated with Somalia and it will damage the cause and struggle for independence So it's smart actually naming it o'gaden the land doesn't need to be associated with somalia in any form or kind. The inhabbitans are Somalis it should not be referred as somali then it will be associated with Somala. But i agree with your point where you state that the People who support the onlf should support Somaliland and the self determination of the people of Somaliland. Somaliland is not going to harm them in any way. Nor is Somaliland their enemy, Somaliland Somalia Djibouti all want what is best for the Somali region of Ethiopia.

Xaaji, I dont care if the name is good for western PR. My land is the Somali region of Ethiopia not ******ia and never was called like that. I can even call my land also my own clan name, which is ******nia. But this is wrong as other clans also reside in the region.

Xaaji Xunjuf;689967 wrote:
Qodax i think geographically renaming a state that is outside their control is as effective as renaming a chid who doesn't belong 2 you u as of today , the O'gdan region is under the control of the TPLF regime of Ethiopia. And renaming it will only cause confusion the onlf leaders know that to. The name was given to the region by the colonial powers. So i think the point their using is that the name has historical signifiance for the region. i think if you name it the somali galbeed region it will be associated with Somalia and it will damage the cause and struggle for independence So it's smart actually naming it o'gaden the land doesn't need to be associated with somalia in any form or kind. The inhabbitans are Somalis it should not be referred as somali then it will be associated with Somala. But i agree with your point where you state that the People who support the onlf should support Somaliland and the self determination of the people of Somaliland. Somaliland is not going to harm them in any way. Nor is Somaliland their enemy, Somaliland Somalia Djibouti all want what is best for the Somali region of Ethiopia.

Perfect post, I don’t I think I can add anymore

No offense to Somaliland, how can you talk about ONLF people working for Siad Barre when Riyale did the exact same thing? Isn’t that hypocritical itself,

PasserBy;689975 wrote:
Xaaji Borat,

Are you sure A Osman has good intentions for Somaliland? :rolleyes:

you are really obsessed with the Admiral Maxamed cumar cismaan;)

The most ONLF supporters = former Siad Barre supporters.

p.s. Riyaale never was member of the SNM. So he never opposed a dictator, he didnt oppose Siad and he never opposed Zenawi.

So no contradiction there.

Qodax Qorax;689981 wrote:
The most ONLF supporters = former Siad Barre supporters.

p.s. Riyaale never was member of the SNM. So he never opposed a dictator, he didnt oppose Siad and he never opposed Zenawi.

So no contradiction there.

The ground on Somaliland secessionism was that they were treated unfairly by Southerns yet one of their leaders worked for the same man that did the crimes against them. Hypocrite 101

The reason why Somaliland regained its independence wasnt about unfair treatment. But about failed union. The reason why SNM opposed the regime was about unfair treatment(which Riyaale never was a member of). Stay on the facts.

Besides your leader was the highest ranking member of the Politburea, Navy and member of the Central Committee in the Siad Barre regime of Somalia. He was responsible for the acts of the past regime.

Qodax Qorax;689999 wrote:
The reason why Somaliland regained its independence wasnt about unfair treatment. But about failed union. The reason why SNM opposed the regime was about unfair treatment(which Riyaale never was a member of). Stay on the facts.

Besides your leader was the highest ranking member of the Politburea, Navy and member of the Central Committee in the Siad Barre regime of Somalia. He was responsible for the acts of the past regime.

He was head of the Navy, and didn’t himself do anything to Somalilanders. Somalia itself had a weak non-existent Navy at the time. However, was the highest-ranking National Security Service (NSS) officer in Berbera.. What do you think he was doing for the NSS in Somaliland?

Xabashi boy Passer by , Maxammad cumar cismaans guns are aimed towards Ethiopia and your TPLF that should answer your question and not towards Somaliland or Somalia.