Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

NORWAY: A Somali man murders his wife and locks her body in his car's trunk

Juxa   

Malika this culture of marrying young girls from back home to faraxs with mental health issues is very worrying walahi

not long ago, saw mid aan aqaan oo long mental health problems qaba oo leh waxan ka imid yementa oo waa soo guursaday. i doubt his blushing bride knows that he is on strong meds and has very very violent outburst and suicial tendencies.

allaha unaxariisto marxuumada

Juxa! OMG! You reminded me of this family; we were neighbors in Kenya and I was best friends with their youngest daughter. I used to go to their house a lot! Years later, they came to the U.S and they settled in Georgia. So, I went to visit them. The mother kept taking me out and buying me stuff and giving me crazy compliments. At the time, their son who lived here for over 20 years was living with them. He never used to talk so I didnt think much of him, plus he was much older. Then, the mother started saying I should be her daughter in-law and stuff and that she should talk to my family. I freaked out and said no thanks. Then, she asked her daughter to talk me into the whole thing but my friends just brushed it off.

Long story short, I came back to my state. A couple of years later, the family moved to Minnesota. It turns out the SON was and has been in and out the looney bin for quite some time. He was on cocktails of meds and he was receiving therapy because he attempted suicide. He went back to the nut house again for over a year. Then, they sent him to Kenya to get married to a distant cousin! Crazy people!

Juxa   

CL of course i did not, but i remember being shocked. he was in a bad way and should not be subjected to the stress of marriage. yacni xaliimo had no clue and he could really hurt her if she pushed (as we all do) his blessed little buttons in a wrong way.

i keep seeing hada wiilal wada waalan oo somalia/land, yemen, dubai or god knows where loo dirayo as if caafimadka soo qaadayaan. that is very dangerous walahi and parents should not iney qiyaamaan reer islaameed.

schizophrenia is a very big concern and common illness in our community. there is hardly any awareness programmes to help people notice either

Lol@Choc. Lucky woman you are…a desperate woman would do almost anything to survive and that includes marrying a Looney for a man. Now unless the root of the problem that drives women to such situation is address, we will continue to hear such stories.

Juxa-why not? And forget him, how about her? And if the situation was reversed wouldn’t you like to know?

Subxanallaah!, Allah ha unaxariisto marxuumada.

I fear for our communities when it comes to mental illness - it is something we have culturally always never fully understood nor of its treatment apart from the Quran saarka - i think there should be awareness raised through the BBC & VOA and other well received media outlets in Somalia about the dangers of the ignorance surrounding mental illness and the fact that it is an illness just like any other medically recognised illnesses and there are treatments which is not limited to either Quran saaris or heavy medication, but that there a combination of many holistic treatments that can include both of the aforementioned as well as caring and nurturing environments that reduce the inducing stress and ailments associated with the triggers of mental or emotional paralysis.

Juxa   

sayid i doubt we will never understand, the stigma of cabdi-waalow is hard to shake off.

CL i cont tell her, his illness was common knowledge i just assumed her own kin would

Blessed   

Allah Yarxamha.

I second awareness campaigns for Somalis, there's far to much intolerance and stigma directed at people with mental health illnesses. They are not all would be murderers waiting to be ticked off, for starters...

BOB   

Gabdhaha walalahey ah waxaan idinku darsan lahaa FADLAN markaad arrin Soomali quseysa aad ka hadleysaan, af Soomaali ku qora...meeshu waa meel cid kasta ay soo gasho marka waxaa ila quman inaan ceebteena iyo dacaayadeena ay dadka kale ogaan...mar kale Inna Lillaahi Wa Inna Ileyhi Raajicuun...Ilaahay ha u naxariisto marxuumada, caruurtana gacan Muslim oo dhowrta allow gali Insha Allah.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Ismalura   

Ilaahey ha naxariisto maskiinta dadkeedana samir iyo iimaan ha ka siiyo.

Mida kale the idea that mentally ill people are more violent than others is nothing but an assumption and is actually part of the stigma. Many people with no mental health issue murder so you never know.

allah ha naxaristo.

not everyone who has mental ilness is murdere, and sometimes marriage can calm people down. most somali's go crazy because of living in kufr land. i think sending them to somalia or muslim country can help

Juxa   

i dont agree marriage calms you!

i mean how? the added pressure of caring for a family can push an already vulnerable person over the edge no?