Sign in to follow this  
Hawdgirl

Our Community and the Media

Hawdgirl   

It is really heart breaking that when there are negative issues with in our community, then the media jumps into it and writes about ridiculous articles on us

Yet, when there are people among us...like this brother who is sacrificing his life for the greater of the society that we live in, nobody mentions about it

walahi it is really disgusting, they are full of hatred towards us and our religion, no doubt about it

read this article about our brother who was shot in the line of duty and please pray for him and his family

Thanks,

Hawdgirl

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-deputy-shot-20110113,0,6402933.story

Kool_Kat   

Hawdgirl, how are you dear? Long time! This story had been posted on SOL last night by Nin Yaaban...I guess the reason this story isn't getting a lot of nationwide media attention is due to the fact that he is no different than any other cop who gets shot in the line of duty...After all it is LA meesheey dhibaada ku gaartay...Such stories are usually just picked up by the local media, which I am sure, seeing how highly his co-workers speak of him, is getting a lot of attention locally...

Ilaah ha'u sahlo maskiinka...I haven't seen, as of late, a young Somali man as bright as him...It is heartbreaking waxa kudhacay...

Polanyi   

Heartbreaking? I don' really give a toss when there are negative stories about Malis in the press. It goes with being an ethnic minority. Just look @ Jack Straw's recent comments on Pakistanis. The Yardies and Afrian Carribeans get their fair share too. Don't sweat over it bro.

Kulmiye   

I was checking to see if the story was initially reported by latimes on their twitter account- and found no evidence of them reporting the story on twitter... instead they where busy hammering the Gardena high school shooting.... I'll pray for him and his family- frankly any model citizen should be mention locally and nationally in times of tragic event. lets hope he walks out of this:(

That's probably wat sells. No one wants to read about the millions and millions of Somalis all over the world that do good each and everyday. LoL the headline on Yahoo's main page was "Somali Pirates capture record ships for 2010". The comments were even more funnier.